Current affairs are one of the inevitable and compulsive topics in almost every competitive examination. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for comprehending these current affairs sections. This article has provided the top weekly current affairs from August 23 to 29, 2021, which will help all aspirants improve scores in their competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, and Banking.
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 August 23 to 29
Here is the list of top current affairs of the week August 23 to 29, 2021, which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking, etc.
Rajnath Singh names Army Sports Institute, Pune as “Neeraj Chopra Stadium”
- Raksha Mantri, Shri Rajnath Singh visited the Army Sports Institute (ASI), Pune and he named the Army Sports Institute stadium as “Neeraj Chopra Stadium”.
- The focus of the Indian Army (in the field of sports) is to identify and train promising sportspersons in 11 disciplines.
- The Indian Army’s “Mission Olympics” program was launched in 2001 with the intent to deliver medal-winning performances in the Olympics and other international events.
Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games
- 16th Paralympics
- Special venue prepared for the inauguration – Para Airport
- President of International Paralympic Committee -Andrew Parsons
- 54 Paralympics athletes to represent India
- The message of the Tokyo Paralympics – We have wings
- Malayalee who is a member of the Indian shooting team at the Tokyo Paralympics — Siddhartha Babu
The first complete WiFi panchayat in Kerala -Meppayur
- The Meppayyur gram panchayat has become the first panchayat in the State to offer free Wi-Fi to all students within its limits.
- Meppayur lies between Kottappuzha and Nelliadipuzha in Kozhikode district.
- Meppayur village connects to other parts of India through Koyilandy town.
- The nearest airports are Kannur and Kozhikode.
India’s first green hydrogen electrolyzer manufacturing unit starts in Bengaluru
- US-based Ohmium International has started India’s first green hydrogen electrolyzer manufacturing unit at Bengaluru, Karnataka. The factory will manufacture India-made Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) hydrogen electrolyzers.
- Green hydrogen is made from non-fossil sources as against blue hydrogen that is made from fossil sources. Making green hydrogen in
- India will give a cost advantage for manufacturers rather than going for imports.
- The factory has a capacity of manufacturing approximately 0.5 GW per year.
India Ranks Second In Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021
- India has been ranked second in Cushman & Wakefield’s 2021 Global Manufacturing Risk Index.
- China is in the top spot. The ranking ranks countries based on the most favorable locations for international manufacturing.
- Last year India was third in the ranking.
- This year India replaced the USA to get the second spot.
- This year, the US is in the third position, followed by Canada, Czech Republic, Indonesia, Lithuania, Thailand, Malaysia, and Poland.
World’s tallest observation wheel ‘Ain Dubai’ to be unveiled in UAE
- The world’s largest and tallest observation wheel is set to be unveiled in Dubai, UAE on October 21, 2021.
- The observation wheel, called ‘Ain Dubai’, is 250 m (820 ft) in height, located at Bluewaters Island.
- The record breaking wheel is 42.5 m (139 ft) taller than the current world’s tallest observation wheel, High Roller, in Las Vegas, measuring 167.6 m (550 ft).
India’s Evacuation Mission From Afghanistan named ‘Operation Devi Shakti’
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has given a name to India’s complex mission of evacuating its citizens from war-torn Afghanistan, as ‘Operation Devi Shakti’.
- The new moniker of this difficult and complicated mission was announced by MEA Minister S Jaishankar via Tweet on August 24, 2021, while referring to the arrival of a fresh batch of 78 evacuees from Kabul to Delhi.
- So far, India has evacuated over 800 people under the mission, amid the Taliban takeover which occurred on August 16, 2021..
Abhay Kumar Singh appointed as joint secretary in Ministry of Cooperation
- Abhay Kumar Singh has been appointed as joint secretary in the Ministry of Cooperation. This ministry was recently formed with an aim to strengthen the cooperative movement in the country.
- The appointment of Abhay Kumar Singh has been cleared by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by PM Modi.
MyGov and UN Women partners to launch Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021
- MyGov under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and UN Women have joined hands to launch the Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Innovation Challenge 2021.
- The aim of this challenge is to encourage technology solutions developed by Women Entrepreneurs related to Women’s Safety and Empowerment.
- The initiative will promote ‘Nari Sashaktikaran’, and empower women to help them achieve their full potential.
- The Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 is being implemented under the Multi-Partner Trust Fund (COVID-19) Programme.
India’s first smog tower inaugurated in Connaught Place, Delhi
- India’s first smog tower has been set up in Connaught Place, Delhi. It will purify 1,000 cubic meters of air per second within a radius of around 1 km. Smog towers are large towers built with the aim of purifying the air.
- The smog tower was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal. The tower has been set up as a pilot project and if the pilot test is successful, more such smog towers will be set up in Delhi.
- The tower has been built by Tata Projects Limited (TPL), with technical assistance from IIT Bombay and in collaboration with IIT Delhi.
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice the daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide a free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.