Current affairs are one of the inevitable and compulsive topics in almost every competitive examination. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for comprehending these current affairs sections. This article has provided the top weekly current affairs from August 09 to 15, 2021, which will help all aspirants improve scores in their competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, and Banking.
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 August 09 to 15
Here is the list of top current affairs of the week August 09 to 15, 2021, which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking, etc.
101 member Indian Army contingent to participate in International Army Games 2021 in Russia
- The seventh edition of the International Army Games, 2021, will be held from 22 August to 04 September 2021. The competition will be hosted in eleven countries in the 2021 Games.
- From India, 101 members of the Indian Army will participate in the International Army Games, which is organized each year by the Russian Ministry of Defence, since 2015.
- The Indian contingent will participate in Army Scout Masters Competition (ASMC), Elbrus Ring, Polar Star, Sniper Frontier, and Safe Route games.
- Over 280 teams from 42 countries will compete in the game to show their combat skills, professionalism, and determination to win.
India ranks 122 among 181 countries on the new Global Youth Development Index
- India has been placed at 122 spots among 181 countries on the 2020 Global Youth Development Index, released by the Commonwealth Secretariat in London on August 10, 2021.
- The triennial rankings of youth development measure the extent to which young people are engaged to contribute beneficially in their societies and empowered by enabling policies and tools.
- Top Country – Singapore
- Bottom Country – Chad
Maharashtra Government announces Rajiv Gandhi Award for IT sector
- In Maharashtra, the state government has announced a new award for the Information and Technology (IT) sector, named after the former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, as a tribute to his pioneering work in the technology sector.
- The award will be conferred upon companies and institutions for excellence in the IT sector every year.
- The Rajiv Gandhi Award for the IT sector will be given annually on August 20, the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi.
Kamlesh Kumar Pant appointed as new Chairman of NPPA
- Senior bureaucrat Kamlesh Kumar Pant has been appointed as the new Chairperson of the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)
- Pant, a 1993-batch IAS officer of Himachal Pradesh cadre, replaces IAS officer Shubhra Singh, who has been the chief of drug price regulator since November 2018.
- NPPA is the agency that is in charge of monitoring pharmaceutical pricing.
India-Saudi Arabia holds first-ever naval exercise “Al-Mohed Al-Hindi 2021”
- India and Saudi Arabia are conducting the first-ever joint naval exercises “Al-Mohed Al-Hindi 2021” in the Arabian Gulf.
- The harbour phase of the bilateral exercise began on August 09, 2021, while the sea-based drills started on August 11, 2021.
- The week-long exercise aims to enhance military cooperation in naval operations of the two countries
- From the Indian side, the INS Kochi, an indigenously designed, stealth guided-missile destroyer, is taking part in the drill.
Indore declared India’s first ‘Water Plus’ certified city
- India’s cleanest city, Indore, in Madhya Pradesh, has achieved another feat of being declared as the country’s first ‘water plus’ certified city, under the Swachh Survekshan 2021.
What is the ‘Water+’ city certificate
- A Water Plus city certificate is provided to a city that maintains cleanliness in rivers and drains under its administration.
- According to protocol and the toolkit provided by the Union ministry of housing and urban affairs, a city can be declared as Water Plus only after all wastewater released from households, commercial establishments, and the like is treated to a satisfactory level before releasing the treated wastewater to the environment.
August 7 to be observed as ‘Javelin Throw Day’ each year in honour of Neeraj Chopra
- The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) has decided to name August 7 as ‘Javelin Throw Day’ in India to honour Javelin thrower, Neeraj Chopra.
- Neeraj Chopra won India’s first Olympic gold medal in athletics in Tokyo.
- This decision is also an attempt to attract more youth towards the sport and get champions ready for a bright future in athletics ahead.
Novelist Anuradha Roy’s new novel ‘The Earthspinner’
- Award-winning novelist Anuradha Roy’s new book titled ‘The Earthspinner’, will be released on September 03, 2021.
- The book will be published by Hachette India.
- Before this, Roy has written four novels: An Atlas of Impossible Longing (2008), The Folded Earth (2011), Sleeping on Jupiter (2015), and All the Lives We Never Lived (2018).
India’s first Drone Forensic Lab comes up in Kerala
- India’s first Drone Forensic Lab and Research Center have come up in Kerala.
- The inauguration of the center was done by the Chief Minister of Kerala, Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan.
- The center will help in keeping a watch over unauthorized drones and also for the production of drones for the use of the police force.
Kaziranga becomes India’s first national park with satellite phones
- Kaziranga National Park (KNP) in Assam has become the first national park in India to be equipped with satellite phones.
- Assam Chief Secretary Jishnu Barua handed over 10 satellite phones to the forest personnel of the Kaziranga National Park.
- The satellite phones will boost the anti-poaching measures in the park.
- BSNL will be the service provider of these phones.
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice the daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide a free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.