Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from December 21 to 27, 2020 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz for free! Download App!
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2020 December 21 to 27
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week December 21 to 27, 2020 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
Sports Ministry Includes four indigenous sports in Khelo India Youth Games 2021
- The Sports Ministry has approved the inclusion of four indigenous Games to be a part of Khelo India Youth Games 2021, which is scheduled to be held in Haryana.
- The four new games are, Gatka, Kalaripayattu, Thang-Ta and Mallakhamba.
- The four selected games represent different parts of the country and will get national recognition with the help of the Khelo India Youth Games 2021.
- Kalaripayattu has its origin from Kerala.
- Mallakhamba is practiced in Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- Gatka originates from Punjab. It is a traditional fighting style of the Nihang Sikh Warriors, used both as self-defense as well as a sport.
- Thang-Ta is a Manipur marital art.
UN Women collaborates with Kerala Government to set up India’s first Gender Data Hub
- The Government of Kerala and UN Womenhave collaborated to establish India’s first Gender Data Hub.
- The unique facilities at the Gender Park will have a Gender Library, Gender Museum and Training Centre on sustainable entrepreneurship, social business and markets for women from economically-backward social groups.
- Gender Park will work as a South Asian hub for gender-related activities with UN Women.
India’s largest hockey stadium to be set up at Rourkela in Odisha
- A new world-class hockey stadium is being set up in Rourkela city of Odisha, as announced by the Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
- The stadium will be constructed in the Biju Patnaik University of Technology campus, Rourkela.
- Once operational, the Rourkela city stadium would be the biggest hockey stadium in India.
- It will have a sitting capacity of 20,000 people, spread over 15 acres of land.The stadium will be developed as a benchmark for other hockey stadiums around the world.
Veteran Malayalam poet-activist Sugathakumari passes away at 86
- Renowned Malayalam poet and environmental activist Sugathakumari has passed away following Covid-19 complications. She was 86.
- Sugathakumari was awarded the first Indira Priyadarshini Vrikshamitra by the Centre, for her contribution to conservation of nature.
- She was honored with the Padmashri award in 2006.
- For her contributions to Malayalam literature, Sugathakumari won the Kerala Sahitya Akademi award in 1968 for ‘Pathirapookal’, and the Kendra Sahitya Akademi award in 1978 for ‘Rathrimazha.
India’s first Lithium refinery to be set up in Gujarat
- India’s first Lithium refinery is soon going to be set up in Gujarat.
- Manikaran Power Limited, one of the country’s largest power trading and renewable energy company will incest around Rs 1,000 crore to set up this refinery.
- The refinery will process Lithium ore to produce battery-grade material.
- The company will import Lithium ore from Australia and will be processing in Gujarat.
- Lithium is a rare element and is usually not found in India.
Kailash Satyarthi pens new book ‘Covid-19 : Sabhyata Ka Sankat Aur Samadhan’
- Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi has come out with his new book titled ‘Covid-19: Sabhyata ka Sankat aur Samadhan’ (Covid-19: Crisis of Civilisation and Solutions).
- The book was launched by former Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra and Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman Harivansh Narayan Singh on 24th December 2020, virtually.
- The book is written in Hindi and is published by Prabhat Prakashan.
India’s first tiger reserve hot air balloon safari launched in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
- India’s first ‘Hot Air Balloon Wildlife Safari’ in a tiger reserve has been launched in the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh.
- It is the first of its type service in any tiger reserve of India. The service is being operated by Jaipur-based Sky Waltz.
- Tourists can watch tigers, leopards, Indian sloth bear and other wild animals from a height, and this activity will be restricted to the buffer area.
Download Entri App and Start using Discussion Forum
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for Kerala PSC Examination with Entri.
Discussion about this post