Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from September 07 to 14, 2020 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Top Weekly Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2020 September 07 to 14
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week September 07 to 14, 2020 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
Charu Sinha becomes first woman IG to lead CRPF in Kashmir
- IPS officer Charu Sinha has become the first woman commander to head the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) formation in the Kashmir Valley.
- Sinha, a 1996-batch officer of the Telangana cadre, has been appointed as the Inspector General (IG) of CRPF’s Srinagar sector that oversees the deployment of the paramilitary forces’ battalions in Srinagar city of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The officer was till now serving as the CRPF IG in Jammu. She earlier headed the CRPF formation in Bihar that includes the deployment of the force in anti-Naxal operations in that state.
Pierre Gasly wins Formula One Italian Grand Prix 2020
- Pierre Gasly (Scuderia AlphaTauri, France) has won the Formula One Italian Grand Prix 2020 held at Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Italy.
- This is his first Grand Prix win. Carlos Sainz Jr. (McLaren, Spain) came second followed by Lance Stroll (Racing Point, Canada) in third place.
- Lewis Hamilton ended in 7th place after he earned a 10-second stop and go penalty.
Donald Trump announces Wilmington as first World War II Heritage City
- US President Donald Trump announced Wilmington in southern US state North Carolina as the first World War II Heritage City.
- It was announced at a ceremony held to mark the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II.
- During the war, Wilmington was the site of the North Carolina Shipbuilding Company, which built 243 ships in five years as part of the federal government’s emergency shipbuilding program.
Vice-President releases ‘The State of Young Child in India’ report
- Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu released the inaugural issue of the report ‘The State of Young Children in India’.
- The report provides an account of challenges related to early child development (0-6 years) in India.
- The report has also released the list of Best-performing states & worst-performing states based on the Young Child Outcomes Index.
Best Performing State:
State Index score (2015-16) Kerala 0.858 Goa 0.817 Tripura 0.761
Worst Performing State:
State Index score (2015-16) Bihar 0.452 Uttar Pradesh 0.46 Jharkhand 0.5
Indira Gandhi Peace Prize awarded to Sir David Attenborough
- David Attenborough was conferred with the prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019.
- He is an English broadcaster and a historian.
- The Indira Gandhi Peace Prize award is for peace, disarmament and development.
- It has been named after the former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- It has been conferred every year since 1986 by Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust.
- It consists of monetary awards of Rs 25 lakhs.
Kerala most literate state in India, Delhi grabs second place
- The National Statistical Office released its report on “Household Social Consumption: Education in India as part of 75th round of National Sample Survey”.
- The survey provides state wise details of literacy between the period July 2017 and June 2018.
- According to the survey, Kerala has the highest literacy rate in the country. Around 96.2% of the people in the state were literates.
- On the other hand, Andhra Pradesh was at the bottom with 66.4%.
- Delhi had the second best literacy rate at 88.7%, followed by Uttarakhand at 87.6%, Himachal Pradesh at 86.6% and Assam at 85.9%.
- In Kerala, the male literacy rate was 97.4% and female literacy rate was 95.2%.
- The overall literacy rate in India is 77.7%.
- The literacy rate in rural areas is 73.5%.
- The literacy rate in urban areas is 87.7%.
Ashadhara: The beginning of the hemoglobinopathy treatment plan
- State level inauguration of Asadhara HemoGlobinopathy Treatment Scheme and inauguration of Comprehensive Hemophilia Treatment Center at SAT, Thiruvananthapuram Medical College at a cost of 1 crore Shailaja Teacher performed.
- The basic hemoglobinopathy treatment plan is designed to provide the best treatment for common ailments such as haemophilia and other hemoglobinopathy patients.
- The treatment of these diseases is to give them medicine for their symptoms and help them to lead a normal life.
Anil Jain becomes new President of All India Tennis Association
- The All India Tennis Association (AITA) has elected Anil Jain as its new president, while Anil Dhupar was chosen as its secretary-general.
- India’s Davis Cup captain Rohit Rajpal was elected as the treasurer for a four-year term till 2024.
- All India Tennis Association Founded: March 1920.
- All India Tennis Association Headquarters: R.K. Khanna Tennis Stadium, Delhi.
India and Japan inks agreement on Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services between Armed Forces
- India and Japan have signed an Agreement regarding Reciprocal Provision of Supplies and Services between the Armed Forces of India and The Self-Defense Forces of Japan on 9 September 2020.
- The agreement was signed by Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar and Ambassador of Japan Mr Suzuki Satoshi.
- The agreement will enable closer cooperation between the Armed Forces of the two countries and further increase the bilateral defence engagements under the Special Strategic & Global Partnership.
Police Officer Poonam Khatri crowned Wushu World Champion
- Indian Police Officer, Poonam Khatri has claimed World Championship status after her silver medal at the Wushu World Championship last year has been upgraded to a Gold medal.
- Poonam had lost the final to Iranian opponent Mariyam in the Women’s 75 kg category but after Mariyam recently failed the dope test, the gold medal was awarded to Poonam Khatri.
- The information was clarified by Secretary-General of the Indian Wushu Association, Suhel Ahmed.
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for Kerala PSC Examination with Entri.