Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from February 15 to 21, 2021 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz for free! Download App!
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 February 15 to 21
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week February 15 to 21, 2021 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
Swaraj Trophy 2019-2020
- The Swaraj Trophy is a gift from the Government of Kerala to the best Local Self Government Institutions .
Winners of Swaraj Trophy
- Grama Panchayat
- Panninassery (Kannur)
- Vellinery (Palakkad)
- Chemanchery ( Kozhikode)
- Block Panchayat
- Mukhathala (Kollam)
- Nedumangad (Thiruvananthapuram)
- Perumbadapp ( Malappuram)
- District Panchayat
Four Women Scientists wins SERB Women Excellence Award 2021
- The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has announced the SERB Women Excellence Award for the year 2021, on the occasion of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science on 11 February.
- Four young women fellows of National Science Academies have been awarded SERB Women Excellence Award 2021. The winners include:
- Dr. Shobhna Kapoor
- Dr. Antara Banerjee
- Dr. Sonu Gandhi
- Dr. Ritu Gupta
MapmyIndia joins hand with ISRO to build ‘Bhuvan’, an alternative to Google Maps
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has entered into an agreement with ‘MapmyIndia’ to offer an indigenous satellite-based mapping service to the country, as well as give an alternative to widely-used Google maps and similar products.
- MapmyIndia is an an Indian technology company that creates digital maps in India.
- The new indigeniously-developed alternative app will be known as ‘Bhuvan’, to provide mapping and other location-based services in India.
- The collaboration will use ISRO’s database of satellite images and MapmyIndia’s digital map platform to develop the new app.
Dr Ajay Mathur elected new Director Genera of International Solar Alliance
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) has elected Dr. Ajay Mathur as its new Director General on February 15, 2021, at the first special assembly of ISA members. He will take over the leadership of ISA on March 15, 2021.
- Dr. Mathur will replace Mr. Upendra Tripathy, who has served as Director-General since the inception of the ISA in 2015.
- Mathur currently heads the New Delhi-based The Energy and Research Institute.
Kiran Bedi Removed As Puducherry Lt Governor
- Kiran Bedi, the Lieutenant-Governor of Puducherry, has been removed from the top position on February 16, 2021.
- Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan will discharge the duties of the Lieutenant-Governor of Puducherry in addition to her own duties until regular arrangements are made.
- Kiran Bedi (born 9 June 1949) is an Indian politician, retired Indian Police Service (IPS) Officer, social activist and former tennis player.
‘SnakePedia’ mobile application about Snakes launched in Kerala
- A team of scientists, doctors and photographers in Kerala have launched a mobile application named “Snakepedia”, that will present all relevant information on snakes, to help the public as well as doctors in treating snake bites.
- The android mobile application documents information on snakes with the help of pictures, infographics and podcasts and analyses its first aid, treatment, myths and superstitions.
- The main aim of the app is to help the public identify snakes, avail proper treatment on time for snakebites, bust myths about snakes, and protect snakes as well as snakebite victims.
South Africa’s Chris Morris becomes ‘most expensive player’ in IPL auction history
- South-African all-rounder Chris Morris has broken all record as he became the costliest player in the history of Indian Premier League (IPL) auction, held in Chennai on February 18, 2021.
- IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals has bought Chris Morris for Rs 16.25 crore.
- The 33-year-old played for Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL 2020 season.
- Prior to him, Yuvraj Singh was the costliest-ever buy in auction history, when he was bought for Rs 16 crore by Delhi Daredevils in IPL 2015.
Hyderabad Recognised as ‘2020 Tree City of the World’ by FAO
- Telangana’s capital, Hyderabad has been recognized as a 2020 Tree City of World, by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Arbor Day Foundation, for its commitment to growing and maintaining urban forests.
- 2020 Tree Cities of the world recognition is the second year of the programme, which features 120 cities from 63 countries. Hyderabad is the only city from India to have been recognized as a Tree City, till date.
- With this recognition, it has joined a network of like-minded global cities which recognise the importance of trees in building healthy, resilient and happy cities.
- Most of the cities were from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia.
Manika Batra Wins her Second Women’s Singles Title at 82nd National Table Tennis Championship
- India’s top-ranked table tennis player Manika Batra beat Reeth Rishya, 4-2, in the women’s singles final, to win the 82nd Senior National Table Tennis Championship, at the Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex in Panchkula, Haryana on February 18, 2021.
- It was Manika’s second Nationals title.
- She won her maiden national title in 2015 in Hyderabad.
Download Entri App and Start using Discussion Forum
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.
Discussion about this post