Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from March 01 to 07, 2021 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz for free! Download App!
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 March 01 to 07
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week March 01 to 07, 2021 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
Russia launches first Arctic-monitoring Satellite ‘Arktika-M’
- The Russian space corporation Roscosmos successfully launched its first satellite to monitor the Arctic’s climate and environment.
- The satellite called “Arktika-M”, was launched on February 28, 2021, onboard Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket, from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
- This satellite will help to collect information to solve operational meteorology and hydrology problems, and monitor the climate and environment in the Arctic region.
Odisha to host Indian Women’s League (IWL) 2020-21
- Odisha has been chosen as the host for the forthcoming Hero Indian Women’s League (IWL) 2020-21 edition, by the All India Football Federation (AIFF).
- 2021 tournament will be the fifth edition of IWL, the top division women’s league in India.
- The dates for the tournament are yet to be finalised.
- The inaugural edition of the tournament was also held in Odisha at Cuttack in 2016.
Book Titled ‘Advantage India: The Story of Indian Tennis’ by Anindya Dutta
- The banker-turned-author Anindya Dutta has come out with his new book titled “Advantage India: The Story of Indian Tennis”, which is about the history of Indian tennis.
- The book revolves around pre-Independence tennis and early players like Ramanathan Krishnan and Vijay Amritraj.
- Westland Sport is the publisher of the book.
Mary Kom appointed chairperson of AIBA’s champions and veterans committee
- Six-time world champion boxer Mary Kom has been appointed as the Chairperson of the International Boxing Association (AIBA) Champions and Veterans Committee.
- The 37-year-old was voted to the post by AIBA’s board of directors on March 03, 2021.
- The Committee was formed in December 2020. It consists of most respected worldwide boxing veterans and champions who have achieved significant results and who are ready to share their experience.
India inks pact with Philippines for sale of ‘defence equipment’ including BrahMos
- India has signed a key pact with the Philippines called “implementing arrangement” for “procurement of defence material and equipment”, on March 02, 2021, as per which the country will buy the BrahMos cruise missiles from India.
- The BrahMos missile is produced by an India-Russian joint venture “BrahMos Aerospace” and it can be launched from submarines, ships, aircraft or from land platforms.
- It is the fastest supersonic cruise missile in the world.
Australia plans to build world’s first platypus sanctuary to promote breeding and rehabilitation
- The Australian conservationists have unveiled their plan to build the world’s first refuge for the platypus, a duck-billed mammal, that are facing extinction due to climate change.
- The new facility will promote breeding and rehabilitation of these iconic creatures, which are native to Australia.
- The Taronga Conservation Society Australia and the New South Wales State government plans to build the specialist facility by 2022, at a zoo 391-km from Sydney.
Indian Economist Ligia Noronha appointed as Assistant Secretary-General of UN
- Leading Indian economist Ligia Noronha has been appointed as the Assistant Secretary-General and Head of the New York Office of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Noronha will succeed fellow Indian and development economist Satya Tripathi.
- Noronha, who is working with UNEP since 2014, is an economist with over 30 years of international experience in the field of sustainable development.
- UNEP Headquarter: Nairobi, Kenya
National Safety Day: 04 March
- The National Safety Day (NSD) is celebrated every year on March 4 by National Safety Council (NSC) of India. In 2021, we are observing the 50th National Safety Day.
- The National Safety Day Theme 2021 is “Sadak Suraksha (Road Safety)”.
- Purpose: to instill a sense of safety awareness among people by providing them with safety, health and environment related support services.
- The first National Safety Day was observed in 1972
World Wildlife Day: 03 March
- The World Wildlife Day is observed every year on March 3 to celebrate and raise awareness about the world’s wild fauna and flora.
- Theme 2021: “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
- The day was proposed by Thailand and recognised in 2013 by United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
Download Entri App and Start using Discussion Forum
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.
Discussion about this post