Table of Contents
Telangana PSC sent out notifications to select Forest Section Officers towards the government service through common recruitment test. Candidates below 31 years, and have graduation in Botany or Forestry or Horticulture or Zoology or Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics or Statistics or Geology or Agriculture are eligible for this post. The selected candidates can withdraw salary in the range of Rs. 21,230 – Rs. 63,010/. Here we are discussing the TSPSC FSO Model Questions based on the 2017 recruitment cycle.
TSPSC FSO Syllabus
Telangana State PSC Forest Section Officer syllabus for the written examination is as follows:
Paper-I: General Knowledge (SSC Standard)
- Current affairs.
- General Science in everyday life.
- Environmental Issues and Disaster Management.
- Geography and Economy of India and Telangana.
- Indian Constitution: Salient Features.
- Indian Political System and Government.
- Modern Indian History with a focus on Indian National Movement.
- History of Telangana and Telangana Movement.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- Ethics, Sensitivity to Gender and weaker sections, social awareness
Click here to download TSPSC Forest Section Officer Syllabus
Paper-II: General Mathematics (SSC Standard)
- ARITHMETIC: Number System-Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers,
Fundamental operations, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal
- Unitary method-time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and
compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory – Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of
divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- ALGEBRA: Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of
polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, the relation between its roots and coefficients (Only
real roots to be considered).
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns – analytical and Graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, laws of indices.
- TRIGONOMETRY: Sine x, Cosine x, Tangent x when O° = x = 90° values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x= O° , 30°, 45° , 60° and 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
- GEOMETRY: Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
- MENSURATION: Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and the volume of spheres.
- STATISTICS: Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
TSPSC FSO Model Questions
TSPSC FSO Exam Pattern
|Topic||Number of Questions||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
TSPSC FSO Model Questions
Let’s have q quick look on the previously asked TPSC FSO questions from both sections of the written examination.
TSPSC FSO Model Questions: General Mathematics
- Two cylinders of equal volume have their height in the ratio of 9: 1. The ratio of their radii is…………
- The number of perfect squares between 1 and 100 is………
- The difference between two complementary angles is 30°, then the least angle is:
- The sum of the prime factors of 1729 is:
- Length of the diagonal of the square whose side is 4 cm is:
Click here to download TSPSC FSO General mathematics Previous Year Question Paper
TSPSC FSO Model Questions General Awareness
The questions asked in the TSPSC Forest Section Officer 2017 are:
- Sate run ‘Energy Efficiency Service Ltd.’ (EESL) has selected which company to procure 10,000 electric vehicles (EVs)?
Ans: Tata Motors
- During the Ninth Five Year Plan period, the Planning Commission set up a working group to:
Ans: Examine the leasing of degraded forest land to private players
- In India one of the ‘Sustainable Development Goals’ proposes to:
End Poverty and Deprivation in all forms
- The distraction of forests may mainly lead to one of the following:
Increasing the Intensity of floods and their effects
- Clearing of forests leads to more importantly:
Damage to ecological balance
- The main plank of the National Forest Policy, 1988 is:
Protection, conservation and development of forests
- According to the report released by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate changes on August 12, 2017, which state the highest number of elephants?
- Which of the following temples in India was adjudged as the cleanest iconic place under ‘Swachhta Hi Seva’ (cleanliness is service) programme by the Union government?
Sree Meenakshi Temple Madurai
- Maximum productions of Manganese are found in which of the following erstwhile districts in Telangana?
- The Government is prioritizing to improve environmental development with respect to:
- Who are the current Union Minister for Environment Forest and Climate change in India?
- Which of the following is a biodegradable waste?
- The direct tax system in India is:
- What is the rank of Telangana in the turmeric cultivation of India?
- As per the data provided in Telangana at a Glance-2017 the literacy rate in Telangana is?
- Right to Education after 2002 took the shape of?
- Who is known as the father of Indian Civil Services?
- The ‘first Granthalaya Mahasabha’ was held in February 1925 at
- What was the major cultural form that emerged to spread the message of Telangana Movement during the post-2009 period?
- Which agitation was conducted on “Tankbund” of Hyderabad as its base?
- The famous place for wooden toys in Telangana is:
- How and where did Shankar a 17-year-old boy, the first martyr of 1969 Telangana movement die?
In a police firing in Sadashivpet
- What is the major objective of Mission Bhageeratha scheme from among the following?
Safe Drinking Water
- The state government of Telangana launched a dedicated programme to prevent child trafficking and to rescue child labour called:
- Every year we celebrate International Day of Democracy on:
- The Chairman –cum Managing Director (CMD) of NMDC is?
N. Baijendra Kuma
- First female President of Singapore is:
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.