Table of Contents
Explore the essential UK Student Visa Requirements For Indian Students. Navigate through the essential criteria, documentation, and application process to ensure a smooth journey towards pursuing education in UK.
United Kingdom is a great place to study for International students. Approximately 500,000 International students take admission in UK’s colleges and universities each year. Many best universities of the world are in the United Kingdom such as the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, University College London etc. Moreover, around 131 Nobel Prize Laureates are from this land. It has over 395 universities and colleges that offer around 50,000 courses. Many of them also provide scholarships to international students.
There are three types of student visas available for study in the UK. The type of visa required to study in the UK depends upon the course and the age of the student.
Discover the comprehensive requirements for Indian students applying for a UK student visa.
Types Of UK Student Visa For Indian Students
|Type of Study Visas||Description|
|Student Visa||This visa, like the former Tier 4 visa, is for students over the age of 18, and its validity can extend from 2 to 5 years.|
|Child Student Visa||For pupils aged 4 to 17 who have received an offer from a UK independent school.|
|Standard Visitor Visa||The regular visitor visa, which is granted similarly to individuals who travel to the UK, can also be used for short study courses.|
|Study English in the UK (short-term stay)||If you want to study English in the UK for more than 6 months, this visa allows you to remain for 6-11 months with your programme.|
Cost Of UK Student Visa From India
There are many types of students visas available. Let us examine the following:
General student visa (Tier 4) – The application price is £363 or 29,395 INR, plus £680 per individual with any dependents.
Tier 4 (Child) student visa – The application price for a Tier 4 (child) student visa is £363 or 29,395 INR, including a healthcare premium.
Short-term study visa – An 11-month visa costs £200 (about 16,195 INR) plus a £470 fee.
Documents Required For A UK Student Visa From India
- Students must carry a valid passport.
- Form for requesting a visa
- A recent passport-sized picture
- Proof of payment of the visa fee/visa application fee
- Financial evidence/proof of funds
- Acceptance for Studies Confirmation (CAS)
- A certificate from the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) is required (If needed)
- Tuberculosis medical test results
- Compensation for the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS)
- Financial sponsor’s written agreement (in case of sponsorship)
- Certificate of police clearance
If you are under the age of 18, then you may need to provide extra documentation. They are as follows:
- Proof of parental or legal guardian permission
- Evidence of parental or legal guardian connection
- A copy of the birth certificate or other official document containing the names of the parents
Required Bank Balance For UK Student Visa
How To Apply For UK Student Visa online?
- A guaranteed spot at the school, university, or college where you want to study. A ‘confirmation of admission for studies’ is what is termed (CAS).
- A sufficient amount of money (also known as maintenance or finances’) to meet your course tuition and living expenses in the UK.
- Payment at Standard Chartered Bank – You may pay your charge at select Standard Chartered Bank branches. The bank will send a demand draught to ‘The British High Commission.’
- Demand draught from a domestic or international bank – You can pay your charge using a demand draught issued by a domestic or foreign bank. The fees charged by the bank for this service will vary. The proposed demand must be in favour of “The British High Commission.”
- Payment at the visa application centre – When you submit your visa application, you can pay the visa application fee at the visa application centre.
- Pay online – If you have a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card, you may pay your visa application cost online.
UK Student Visa Rejection Reasons And How To Avoid
Incorrect Document Format:
- The students must provide the documents in the given format.
- Every translated document shall contain the date, name, signature, and contact details of the translator.
- The students must go through the visa policy guidance and must be prepared with all the documents in advance.
- Every document provided has to be original.
- In case you are unable to provide any original document, then you must provide an explanation letter along.
Failure To Meet Financial Requirements:
- Every student has to show up to 1,334 GBP (1.32 lakhs INR) per month to stay in UK to cover their study and living expenses.
- The students have to show this amount for their entire course duration.
Genuine Student Interview:
- In the interview, the applicants are asked a number of questions about their choice of course and future plans.
- The students are required to be very clear about their thoughts and must be able to convince the interviewers about their choice of studying in the UK.
Validity And Extension Of UK Student Visa
The tier 4 student visa is generally valid for the duration of the program with an additional four months to wind up your studies.
To be eligible for the extension of UK student visa, student must
- Be present in UK at the time of application
- Fulfill the eligibility requirements of Tier 4 visa
- Have a sponsor to fund full or partial studies. It can be
- a Tier 4 Sponsor UK University
- an overseas provider
- an independent school
To apply for visa extension, students need to complete an online application before their current visa expires, but a minimum before 3 months of course commencement on CAS. Furthermore, you need to pay additional charges for UK study visa extension, which will include
- 475 GBP (47,048 INR) for extension
- Immigration health surcharge of 300 GBP (29,713 INR) per year
- 19.20 GBP (1,901 INR) for Biometric verification
New Rules For UK Student Visa
EU students will be permitted to study in the UK without a visa for up to six months. This includes individuals who plan to study in the UK for only one semester. Those planning to study in the UK for more than six months must, however, apply for a complete visa for the duration of their studies at TASIS England.
FAQ’s About UK Student Visa
Q: Can student visa be extended in UK?
Ans: Currently, there is no automatic extension of a student visa in UK. However, if your visa is expiring and you can’t return to your home country or your course has been extended, you’ll need a way to legally stay in the country.
Q: Can student visa dependent work in UK?
Ans: Any dependents over the age of 16 will be able to work full-time in the UK. Except for work as a doctor or dentist in training, there are no restrictions on the type of work they can do.
Q: Can i change visitor visa to student visa in UK?
Ans : No. Unfortunately, you cannot change your Visitor Visa to another type of visa in the UK. The Visitor Visa is intended to be used for short-term visits to the UK, not for permanent residence. The Visitor Visa is not one of the alternative visa routes available in the UK for this possibility.
Q: Can i travel around Europe with a UK student visa?
Ans : Students on a UK visa may also need to apply for a visa to travel to the European Union for tourism or business. The Schengen Area consists of 26 EU countries, and a Schengen visa may be required. This visa allows for a maximum of 90 days of travel within a six-month period.
Q: Can you get married while on a student visa UK?
Ans: There are no specific restrictions on marrying in the UK while on a valid Tier 4 study visa. Given that some marriages can take months to plan, if your study visa is set to expire before you can marry, you will need to either extend it or apply for a spouse visa.
|UK NHS Nurse – Requirements||US Student Visa Requirements for Indian Students|
|How to migrate to UK as a nurse? (step by step guide, eligibility criterias)||Canada Student Visa Requirements for Indian Students|