UPPSC or The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has recently announced the Recruitment For 176 Vacant Posts of APS or Additional Private Secretary (U.P. Secretariat). A Large Number of Interested aspirants had filled their Online Application form for this vacancy.
All the Selected Eligible aspirants will be called for the written Exam.The Examination Date Will be Provided Separately on the Official Website of UPPSC. Aspirants Can Check Detailed Exam Pattern & Syllabus from Below.
UPPSC APS Recruitment 2022: Exam Pattern
The Exam Will be of Objective Type.
|Paper||Subjects / Topic||Time Duration||Max.Marks|
|Paper-1||General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Paper 2||General Hindi||3 hours||100|
|Paper-5||General English||1 hour||50|
|Paper-8||Computer Knowledge Test||1.5 hours||100|
UPPSC APS Recruitment 2022: Syllabus
The syllabus for the Examination is given below :
- Questions will be Objective type.
- This paper will cover the fields given below and it will be of Graduation standard.
|Famous Books and their writers||10|
|History (with reference to ancients, Medieval & modern India)||10|
|Geography (Related to Uttar Pradesh.) – 06 Marks Geography (Related to India)||04|
|Important Cities, Memoirs & Buildings (With reference to India)||10|
|Important events (National & International)||10|
|Arithmetic (Class VIII level)||10|
यह प्रश्न पत्र निबन्धात्मक, परम्परागत प्रकार का होगा। प्रश्न पत्र का क्षेत्र निम्नलिखित रूप में होगा।
|अपठित गद्यांश और प्रश्नोत्तर तथा अपठित गद्यांश का शीर्षक||25|
|पत्र एवं कार्यालयीय विभिन्न पत्रों का आलेखन||10|
|मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ तथा उनका प्रयोग||10|
|विभिन्न शब्दों का एक शब्द||10|
|वाक्यों का शुद्धीकरण||10|
|पर्यायवाची तथा विलोम शब्द||05|
For the post of UPPSC A.P.S. a speed of 80 words per minute in Hindi Shorthand and 25 word per minute in Hindi Typewriting is essential. The aspirants are expected to transcribe the dictated prose in 05 minutes in the determined speed by Typewriter for which an hours time will be given. The prose shall be selected in the understand not only the speed of Shorthand but also to examine the knowledge of idiomatic language of the candidate. If the errors of the aspirant crosses 5 percent then he will be considered ineligible for appointment but the board may relax the error up to three percent at their discretion.
For the post of UPPSC APS there will be a paper of 5 minutes for Hindi typewriting and English Typewriting where the English Typewriting will be optional.The aspirant will have to obtain the speed of 25 words per minute in Hindi Type Test, the aspirants obtaining lesser speed shall not be treated eligible. The aspirants obtaining the speed of 25 words per minute shall be awarded 10 marks and the aspirants obtaining more speed 1 extra mark for 5 word per minute shall be given but such marks obtained will not be more than 15 marks i.e. Total.
The marks will be as tabulated below :
|more than 50||15|
The aspirants shall be given a prose paragraph to type in 5 minutes. Having typed in lesser duration they have to type it yet again.
Computer Knowledge test
It will a Practical Exam on computer terminal. The main topics that will be covered are:
- Basic knowledge of working on Linux and windows operating system platforms on desktops and laptops with peripherals like microphone, Printer and speaker. (20)
- Working knowledge of Windows office word packages (Microsoft word, Open Office etc.) (25)
- Working knowledge of Excel or Spread Sheets (20)
- How to use world wide web and popular websites (for Railway/Air Reservation,information web sites like Wikipedia, search engines like Google, etc.) (05)
- knowledge of E-mailing (reading, saving, printing,sending, sending with attachment, maintaining address book etc.) (15)
- knowledge of preparation of presentations (power point, PDF etc.) with variant styles and animations (15)
Optional Paper for the Post UPPSC APS
|Correction of sentence||05|
|Fill in the blanks||05|
|Translation Hindi to English||10|
|Translation English to Hindi||10|
- A Test will be conducted for English Shorthand and General English which is are
- From among the selected aspirants who are found fit in both Hindi and English according to determined standards will be entitled for Bilingual allowance determined by the Govt. from time to time.
For the post there shall be one paper of 5 minutes for Hindi typewriting (Compulsory) and English Typewriting (Optional).
All the aspirants are Advised to be in touch with the Official Website of UPPSC to get the Information Regarding Exam Syllabus, Admit Card & Other Related Information.
Our R&D team provides the best material and books for the complete preparation of all government exams. We provide PDFs of the previous year’s question papers with solutions and detailed analysis. All you need to do is download the Entri app and start practicing.