Table of Contents
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) conducts the PCS and ACF / RFO. The exam is conducted in three stages. The syllabus is a little different for the UPPSC Prelims and Mains exam but the candidate should take an integrated approach to the UPPSC PCS and ACF / RFO syllabus as most of the topics are common. Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, UPPSC has invited applications from candidates to apply for Mines Officer and other posts.
UPPSC 2022 Notification Overview
Here are the details needed for the UPPSC posts:
|Post Name||Mines Officer and Other Posts|
|Mode Of Exam||Online|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains & Interview|
|Salary Scale||Rs. 56100 – Rs. 2,15,900 /-|
Exam Dates for UPPSC 2022
Check the below table for the important dates of the examination:
|Commencement of submission of online application||20 January 2022|
|Last date for submission of online application||20 February 2022|
|Exam Date||to be notified|
|Admit Card||to be notified|
UPPSC 2022 Vacancy
Given below is the table for the vacancies available:
|Name of the Post||
Number of Posts
|Mines Officer||16 Posts|
Total of 19 posts are available.
UPPSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Check here if you are eligible for the vacancies:
The age of the candidate to be eligible for the post of the Mines Officer is 21-40 Years
- Mines Officer – Degree in Mining Engineering from a University established by law in India or Three years Diploma in Mining Engineering from recognized institution.
- Professor – Five years Degree in Unani from a University established by law or five years Degree from the Board of Indian Medicine, Uttar Pradesh or any other State Board or Faculty.
- Principal – Degree in Unani from a University established by law or five years degree from the Board of Indian medicine, Uttar Pradesh or from any other State Board.
- Reader – Five years Degree in Unani from a University established by law or five years Degree from the Board of Indian Medicine, Uttar Pradesh or any other State Board or Faculty.
UPPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
Check the elaborated exam pattern of UPPSC below:
|Name of the Exam||Type of Exam||Marks|
UPPSC Prelims Exam
|Paper 1: General Studies I||150 marks|
|Paper 2: General Studies II (CSAT)||100 marks|
UPPSC Mains Exam
|General Hindi||150 marks|
|General Studies I||200 marks|
|General Studies II||200 marks|
|General Studies III||200 marks|
|General Studies IV||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 1||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 2||200 marks|
|UPPSC Interview||Personality Test/Interview||100 marks|
UPPSC 2022 Syllabus
Given below is the details for the UPPSC Prelims syllabus:
UPPSC Prelims Syllabus: Paper I
- Current events of National and International importance: On Current Events of National and International Importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
- Indian History: Ancient, Medieval, Modern: In History emphasis should be on broad understanding of social, economic and political aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have a synoptic view of the nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only a general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to the Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
- Indian Governance and Polity: It covers details of Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture, Political System, Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj, Rights issues, etc.
- Social and Economic Development: Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc. General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- Environmental Ecology, Climate Change, and Biodiversity – general issues that do not require subject specialization: The questions will be in respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanization. General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization, General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
UPPSC Prelims Syllabus: Paper 2
- Interpersonal skills (including communication skills)
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- General Mental Ability
- Elementary Mathematics (class X level – Algebra, Statistics, Geometry and Arithmetic):
- General English (class X level)
- General Hindi (class X level)
Check the UPPSC Syllabus for Mains below:
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper II
There will be three sections in the question paper of Candidates who will have to select an Essay. One topic from each section and they are required to write an essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, the topics of the essay will be based on the following sphere :
Section A: Literature and Culture, Social sphere, Political sphere.
Section B: Science, Environment and Technology, Economic Sphere Agriculture, Industry, and Trade.
Section C: National and International Events, Natural Calamities, Landslide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought, etc. National Development programs and projects.
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper III
- History of Indian Culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history (from A.D.1757 to A.D. 1947): Significant events, personalities and issues, etc.
- The Freedom Struggle- its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country (till 1965A.D.).
- The history of the world will include events from 18 century to the middle of the 20 century such that as the French revolution of 1789, the industrial revolution, the World Wars, the redraw of national boundaries, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism etc -their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society and culture.
- Role of Women in society and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization and globalization and their effects on the economy, polity and social structure.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Distribution of major natural resources of World- Water, Soils, Forests in reference to South and South-East Asia with special reference to India. Factors responsible for the location of industries (with special reference to India).
- Salient features of Physical Geography- Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, Cyclone, Ocean Currents, winds and glaciers.
- Oceanic resources of India and their potential.
- The human migration-refugee problem of the World with focus on India.
- Frontiers and boundaries with reference to the Indian sub-continent.
- Population and Settlements- Types and Patterns, Urbanization, Smart Cities and Smart Villages.
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper IV
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basis structure, Role of Supreme Court in the evolution of basic provisions of Constitution.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States: issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Role of Finance Commission in Centre-State financial relations.
- Separation of powers, dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions. Emergence and use of alternative dispute redressal mechanisms.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other major democratic countries.
- Parliament and State legislatures- structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers and privileges and concerned issues.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary: Ministries and Departments of the Government, Pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity. Public Interest Litigation (PIL).
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, Powers, functions and their responsibilities.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies including NITI Aayog, their features and functioning.
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design, implementation and Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Development processes- the role of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs), various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to the development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger, their implication on body politic.
- Important aspects of governance. Transparency and accountability, e-governance applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential, citizens, charters and institutional measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a democracy in the context of emerging trends.
- India and its relationship with neighboring Countries.
- Bilateral, Regional and Global groupings and agreements involving India and/ or affecting India’s interest.
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests- Indian diaspora.
- Important International Institutions, Agencies their structure, mandate and functioning.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh regarding Political, Administrative, Revenue and Judicial System
- Current affairs and events of Regional, State, National and International importance.
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper V
- Economic planning in India, objectives and achievements. Role of NITI Aayog, Pursuit of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
- Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice and inclusive growth.
- Components of Government Budgets and Financial System.
- Major Crops, Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems, storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce, e-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices, Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping, issues of buffer stocks and food security, Technology missions in agriculture.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India since independence.
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Science and Technology-developments and applications in everyday life and in National Security, India’s Science and Technology Policy.
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology, indigenization of technology. Developments of New technologies, transfer of technology, dual and critical use technologies.
- Awareness in the fields of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Space Technology, Computers, Energy resources, nanotechnology, microbiology, biotechnology. Issues relating to intellectual property rights (IPR), and digital rights.
- Environmental security and Ecosystems, Conservation of Wildlife, Biodiversity, Environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment,
- Disaster as a Non-traditional security and safety challenge, disaster mitigation and management.
- Challenges of International Security: Issues of Nuclear proliferation, Causes and spread of extremism, Communication networks, the role of media and social networking, Basics of cyber security, money laundering and human trafficking.
- India’s internal security challenges: Terrorism, corruption, insurgency and organized crimes.
- The role, kind and mandate of security forces, Higher defense organizations in India18- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh Economy:- Overview of UP Economy: State Budgets. Importance of Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure and physical resources. Human Resources and Skill development. Government Programs and Welfare Schemes.
- Issues in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry.
- Law and Order and Civil Defense with special reference to U.P.
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper VI
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human action, dimensions of ethics, ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values-lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators, role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: Content, structure, function, its influence and relation with thought and behavior, moral and political attitudes, social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public services, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional Intelligence- concept and dimensions, its utility and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil Service values and ethics in Public Administration: status and problems, ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions, laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance, accountability and ethical governance, strengthening of moral values in governance, ethical issues in international relations and funding, corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: the concept of public service, philosophical basis of governance and probity, information sharing and transparency in government. Right to Information, codes of ethics, codes of conduct, citizen’s charter, work culture, quality of service delivery, utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case studies on above issues.
UPPSC Syllabus: Optional Subjects
|Agriculture &Veterinary Science||Arabic Literature||Zoology|
|Defense Studies||Persian Lit.||Physics|
|Political Science & International Relations||Geology||
Commerce & Accountancy
|Social Work||Medical Science||Sociology|
UPPSC 2022 Selection Process
The selection process is on the basis of 3 rounds namely the Prelims, the Mains and the Interview. The candidate must be prepared for these three phases.
Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties. One will get revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes. You will be provided with an online platform to prepare for the exam. It also gives you access to clarify your doubts.