The Union Public Service Commission has declared the results of the Civil Services (Main) Examination 2020. Personality Tests for the successful candidate, to the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, and other Central Services (Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’), will be commenced shortly. Read the article for all the details regarding the final phase of selection and download the UPSC Civil Service Mains Result 2020.
The marks sheets of candidates who have not qualified will be uploaded on the Commission’s Website within 15 days from the date of publication of the final result [after conducting Personality Tests] and will remain available on the Website for a period of 30 days.
UPSC Civil Service Mains Result 2020
The Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2020 was conducted from 8th January 2021 to 17th January 2021. And the result was released on 23rd March 2021.
The candidature of qualified candidates is provisional subject to their being found eligible in all respects. The candidates will be required to produce the original certificates in support of their claims pertaining to age, educational qualifications, community, economically weaker section, Person with Benchmark Disability (PwBD), and other documents such as TA Form, etc. at the time of their Personality Test (Interview).
The candidates seeking reservation/relaxation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD/Ex-servicemen must also produce an original certificate(s) dated earlier than the closing date of the application of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020 i.e., 03rd March 2020.
UPSC Interview 2020-21 Date and Venue
Personality Tests (Interviews) of these candidates will be commenced shortly, which will be held in the Office of the Union Public Service Commission at Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069.
- The e-Summon Letters of Personality Tests (Interviews) of the candidates will be made available shortly, which may be downloaded from the Commission’s Website https://www.upsc.gov.in & https://www.upsconline.in.
- No paper Summon Letters will be issued for the Personality Tests (Interviews) by the Commission.
- Candidates have to fill up and submit DAF-II ONLINE only, (available on the Website of the Union Public Service Commission (https://upsconline.nic.in) during the period from 25th March 2021 to 5th April 2021 till 6:00 P.M).
- They should also fill up the Attestation Form and submit it online(available on the Website of the Department of Personnel & Training from the date of commencement of Personality Tests (Interviews) till the conclusion of Personality Tests (Interviews) on the link https://cseplus.nic.in/Account/Login).
Interview/Personality Test Pattern for UPSC
- The Interview/Personality Test will carry 275 marks and there are no minimum qualifying marks.
- The marks in the Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written part as well as Interview/Personality Test) would determine the final ranking.
- Candidates will be allotted to the various Services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various Services and posts.
- So, the Grand Total marks will be out of 2025(Sub Total (Written test)-1750 Marks + Personality Test- 275 Marks).
The candidate will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of the candidate’s career. They will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The objective of the Interview/Personality Test is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers and intends to judge the mental caliber of a candidate.
Candidates are also supposed to be aware of the events which are happening around them both within and outside their own State or Country as well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should arouse the curiosity of well-educated youth.
Entri wishes good luck to all candidates for the UPSC Interview.