UPSC has released a notice regarding the conduction of UPSC Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) 2023 on the official website i.e. upsc.gov.in. there are a total number of 47 vacancies. The competition level is high so candidates must boost their preparation with UPSC IES/ISS practice papers. UPSC IES/ISS Eligibility involves citizenship, age and academic qualifications of the candidates.
The candidate who wishes to apply for the UPSC IES/ISS exam must be an Indian national. the female, male and transgender candidates can apply for the exam. Here are the eligibility criteria in details:
UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Highlights
Important Highlights of the Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Services are given below.
|Name of the Examination||IES Indian Economical Services ISS Indian Statistical Services|
|Conducting Body||UPSC Union Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Application Fee||Rs. 200|
|Official Website||IES ISS|
Attempt free UPSC Mock Tests! Download Entri App!
UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Upcoming Dates and Events (Tentative)
UPSC IES/ISS tentative dates are given below:
|Commencement of Application||April 19, 2023|
|Last date to Apply||May 09, 2023|
|Issuing of Admit card||June 2023|
|IES ISS Exam||June 23-25, 2023|
|Declaration of Results||To be Announced|
UPSC IES/ISS Notification 2023
The Union Public Service Commission releases notifications every year around March-April about Indian Statistical Services and Indian Economic Services. The notifications will usually have details like the selection process, eligibility criteria, age limits, syllabus, etc. The official notifications from the Indian Statistical Services and Indian Economic Services for 2023 are expected to release soon.
UPSC IES/ISS Vacancy 2023
Official Notification regarding the Number of Vacancies for IES ISS Recruitment 2023 has not been released officially yet. But by looking at the previous year’s data, the candidates can get an idea.
|Indian Economic Services||24|
|Indian Statistical Services||29|
UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Eligibility: Nationality
A candidate who wishes to apply must be Indian. Apart from Indian citizenship, the following citizenships are applicable:
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, to permanently settle in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam to permanently settle in India
Ace your Preparation for UPSC Exams! Download Entri App!
UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Eligibility: Age limit and Relaxation
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on August 01, 2020, i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than August 02, 1990, and not later than August 01, 1999
- UPSC has prescribed age relaxations for the reserved categories. Here are the details:
|Scheduled Caste(SC)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|A person who has ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989||5 years|
|Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||Upto 3 years|
|ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1, 2020||Upto 5 years|
|A person with physical disabilities||Upto 10 years|
- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission, and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
UPSC IES/ISS Qualification
UPSC IES/ISS 2023 Eligibility: Educational Qualifications
- For Indian Economic Service (IES):
The candidates must have obtained a Post Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized university or a foreign university approved by the Central Government of India from time to time.
- For Indian Statistical Service (ISS):
The candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or else the candidates should hold a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized university or a foreign university approved by the Central Government of India from time to time.
Get free UPSC Study Notes! Download Entri App!
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standard for admission to Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2023 as per Regulations given in Appendix III of the rules for the Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2023 published in Gazette of India dated.
- Admit card to appear in the UPSC IES/ISS 2023 exam will be released on the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates should take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the exam center or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- In order to be safe from loss or damage, the candidates are advised to take multiple printouts of the admit card.
- No admit card will be sent via post or any other mode other than released online.
- The candidates who find any difficulty in downloading their admit card must immediately contact the commission regarding the same.
Result & Selection
- The result of the written exam will be announced on the official website most probably in the month of August 2023.
- Qualified candidates will then be invited to take part in the interview process.
- Those who clear both the rounds successfully will then be considered for appointment.
- Candidates who report for the interview should carry all the important documents along with them for verification.
- The appointment of the candidates will be subject of fulfillment of eligibility criteria, document verification and number of vacancies.
Get Higher Rank in UPSC Exams! Download Entri App!
Discussion about this post