Table of Contents
UPSC NDA 2022 Previous Year Question Paper PDF: The UPSC NDA exam is one of the difficult competitive exams that is done to recruit interested and capable candidates into the National Defense Academy and Indian Naval Academy. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts this national level exam. The exam is conducted twice in a year. The interested and eligible participants must have cleared 10+2 examination to be able to appear for the NDA exam. UPSC NDA is a written offline examination conducted in two parts – Mathematics paper and GAT (General Ability Test). Once the candidates clear the written exams, the qualifying participants will be invited for an interview with the SSB which is the short form for Service Selection Board
It is a fantastic opportunity for aspirants. If you are a candidate who fit in all the necessary eligibility clauses, you are in the right place. The present article is all information that you’ll need to know about examination and various aspects regarding the same. Updates will be made accordingly. The interested candidates are expected to follow up the same. Once the candidate is fully aware about the examination they can start preparing accordingly.
NDA Exam Dates 2024-Insights
The National Defense Academy (NDA) is one of the prestigious joint defense service training institutes of the Indian Armed Forces, where eligible candidates of the three services that are, the Indian Army, the Indian Navy, and the Indian Air Force train together before they enroll on to their respective service academy for future pre-commission training.
- The NDA is situated in Khadakwasla, Pune, Maharashtra.
- It is the first Tri-service academy in the world.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts this national level exam twice every year.
- The NDA has produced 27 chiefs of staff to date. At present, the chief of staff of all three services is NDA alumni.
- The NDA provides only a full-time, residential undergraduate program.
- The recruited candidates are awarded a Baccalaureate degree ,a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science) and a B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree for Naval Cadets after 3 years of study.
- The Naval cadets complete their fourth year of BTECH from Indian Naval Academy.
- The Cadets further have a choice of two streams of study.
- The Science stream offers studies in physics, chemistry, mathematics and computer science.
- The Liberal Arts or the Humanities stream offers studies in history, economics, political science, geography and languages.
Academics and Training:
Listed below are few pointers that states important insights regarding the academics and training aspects of the NDA examination. The candidates can go through the pointers and have an idea regarding the various aspects of the examination.
The academics mainly consist of two broad divisions namely, compulsory course and foundation Course.
- In the Compulsory Course, the candidates must study English language and an additional Foreign Language
- The foreign language can either be Arabic, Chinese, French or Russian.
- Basic courses such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, history, political science, economics and geography must be chosen by the candidates
- It is important that the candidate must be aware that they must take basic classes in all these subjects except foreign languages , then take advanced classes depending on their chosen stream.
- The Foundation Course on the other hand is mandatory
- The course comprises of Military Studies and General Studies.
- Subjects such as military history, military geography, weapons systems and armaments, etc. are major topics discussed under the Military Studies.
- Subjects such as geopolitics, human rights, Laws of Armed Conflict and environmental sciences are major topics studied in General Studies.
- The Optional Course aims on subjects specific to the candidate’s chosen Service.
The training aspects which comes soon after the recruitment process are listed below.
- All the candidates joining the NDA after their 10+2 examination are trained in the Academy for three years culminating in graduation with BA(or)BSc or BCs (Computer Science) degree of Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- The first degree course to be awarded was the 46th course in 1974.
- Apart from academic training, the candidates are also trained in outdoor skills, like Drill, PT and games.
- Along with the academic training one of the foreign languages is also taught, which is up to the lower B1 level, according to the international standards
- The candidates spend the first four semesters on the Compulsory Course and the Foundation Course.
- The candidates must take the Optional Course during the fifth and sixth semesters.
- Candidates have the privilege’s to transfer to other Service academies for the optional courses.
UPSC NDA 2024 Previous Year Question Paper
It is believed that solving previous year question papers plays a vital role. If the candidate can get their hands on previous year papers then it is nothing less than hitting the lottery. The candidates must be aware that the crux is knowing how to go through the resources that are available to them. Check UPSC NDA 2022 Previous Year Question Paper PDF below.
Benefits of Solving NDA Previous Papers:
Listed here are few pointers that supports the objective that solving question papers and practice papers has multiple benefits that the candidates must not miss out.
Comprehend and Understand the Nature of the Exam
- Be it any kind of examinations like, board exams, entrance exams or may be a simple school exams, question papers prove to be extensively useful.
- It gives an opportunity for the candidates to know how the questions are set.
- Various aspects of the question paper such as, the format and the pattern in which the questions will be set, the weightage of each question will be depicted.
- It helps the candidate to thereby develop your strategy for the exams.
Best way to Revise
- It is said that there can be nothing as better companion for aspirants other than solving revision questions.
- Question papers from previous year exams are one such machinery which aid in gaining an understanding of what are the exact questions and their format in order to get their revision done.
- The candidates proceed further by keeping these questions in limelight, they can solve them and similar ones to gain a good insight into the exam.
Get hands on the pattern and nature of the questions asked.
- While solving the question papers the candidates can look at the trend of questions and they can easily get a brief idea of which questions are likely to be repeated for the coming exams.
- It helps the candidate to further understand which among these are repeated and asked multiple times.
- It is believed that if the candidate gets a quick revision done through solving the previous year question papers it is sufficient before an exam.
- It will help the candidates in gaining confidence as well as aid in managing their time well during the exam to complete the paper in time.
Boosts Self Confidence
- It is said that the sample papers help candidates to analyze their strengths and weaknesses.
- Thus they can focus on weak areas to improve their results.
- When candidates work on improving their weaker sections, they perform better with practicing sample papers
Thus, it is advised that the candidates do not consider previous year papers least important, as when used properly they can turn out to be a mighty tool for scoring a better percentage.
UPSC NDA 2024 Previous Year Question Paper PDF
Listed below are links to download the NDA Question papers. Candidates are expected to follow up the same. Updates will be made accordingly.
I hope this article was helpful. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enrol yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck