Table of Contents
Google Workspace (previously Google Apps and subsequently G Suite) is a Google-developed and-marketed suite of cloud computing, productivity, and collaboration tools, software, and solutions. Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, Meet, and Chat are all part of Google Workspace, as are Currents for employee interaction, Drive for storage, and the Google Docs suite for content production.
Give Google Workplace applications a try if you’re looking for a suitable workspace to design websites quickly. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned web developer, Google Workspace applications can help you get your content online quickly and cheaply. The Google applications are easy to interface with one another, which saves time for developers while still bringing code, content, and creativity together in one location. Furthermore, because the majority of Google Workspace apps are free, your team or customer is likely to be familiar with it.
What are the Best Ways to Use Google Workspace for Web Development?
Given below are a few benefits of using Google Workspace for Web development.
- Google workspace can be used for project detailing. It helps in transferring the information equally among all the partners collaborating for the project. More access everyone has to all kinds of data, easier will be the project to complete. Google doc is the best app for this work. It provides information to all members. You may use it to format your papers as well as insert charts and spreadsheets from other documents like Excel. They can make comments and edits to the document. We can change the settings to read-only if we want to keep the original document as it is. Google slides are also good for communication purposes as by copying and pasting the selected slide, you will be able to put your presentations, show action buttons, and other features.
- Google workspace helps you to store files and data safely. Data security is important when it comes to web development and many developers invest heavily in protection tools for their content. Google Drive is one of the most cost-effective and easily accessible tools for this. All you have to do is to create a specific email id for your project to get access to 15GB of storage space. They can extend their storage capacity by paying a reasonable amount of money. Ensure the administration and integrity of your project data by creating shared drives and adjusting custom access, such as viewing, commenting, and modifying material.
- Google workspace can be used to create dynamic websites. You may develop your dynamic website using Google App Engine and Google Cloud features like Cloud Run. Through version control, it is feasible to build new features without disrupting the live site with Google Cloud hosting, for example.
- Using Google workspace components make following ups on projects easier, swifter and more effective. But tools required for this purpose will add to the cost of web development. You can save a lot of expense and effectively manage the phases of projects if you use google spreadsheets and various features of Gmail. Create tasks using the “Tasks” Gmail add-on, which can be found on the right-side menu. You may use it to create, assign, edit, and fulfil various jobs. You will, however, require a Google Workspace subscription to collaborate on team tasks. Team members will be alerted through email for each job. They can add the tasks to their own Google Calendar app or the team’s shared calendar. Look for a Google Sheet template to help track each phase and the project’s overall development. These free templates, such as Project Tracking and Project Timeline, will make it easier to create spreadsheets that take into account the stages and who is accountable for each one.
- The prototype of the website created can be shown and explained to the customer via google meet. Add Google Jamboard to the meeting instead of just sharing your screen using Meet. With this fascinating visual collaboration tool, your team and client will be asked to make design changes to the prototype. By combining Google Jamboard with Google Meet, everyone in the meeting will have immediate access to the project via messaging during the call.
- You can create an engaging and less complicated Website with a Web page builder tool called Google sites. This tool may be used to construct a portfolio, announce an event, or establish a project status intranet.
- To collect traffic data, add your Google My Business profile to your Google Site. You will be more useful in your content planning in this manner.
- Google sites are very useful in making your website responsive and hence user friendly. It even facilitates the interactivity of users.
- We discussed the necessity of communication at the start of this piece, and we’ll return to it because it’s virtually assured with tools like Google Groups, Google Meet, and Google Hangouts. Remote contact with everyone participating in the project is done through a single email using Google Groups, ensuring that no one is forgotten while giving vital information. Admins may specify who can publish, talk, and even view members by changing some settings.
- Google Analytics will allow you to take the number of visitors the website had along with the demographic data like the location of the user.
- Customer feedback or product and service search registration forms will be kept in a convenient and secure Google Forms environment and may be downloaded in Excel or PDF, depending on your preference.
The Best Web Development Apps for Google Workspace
Besides the ones discussed above, there are a few more Google Workspace apps that can be used for web development. They are:
- Zoho Sites- The Zoho Sites app for Google Workspace has a simple drag-and-drop interface that you can use to turn ideas into fully working websites by just relocating particular parts where you want them. There’s even support for mobile websites, so your online presence will look just as good on a smartphone as it will on a desktop app.
- Atlassian Cloud- If data is at the centre of your web development problems right now, Atlassian Cloud could be precisely what you’re looking for. The Atlassian cloud add-on for Gmail is meant to help engineers respond to bugs, failures, and bottlenecks in their pipelines faster and more effectively.
- Colaboratory- It is a relatively new addition to the range of Google Workspace apps accessible today. The system is primarily an online IDE for Python that enables enterprises to integrate machine learning systems into their cloud storage strategies. Although the internal tool hasn’t received much attention in recent years, it has the potential to make a significant impact on businesses interested in data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- OverDrive- The OverDrive solution was created for businesses and educational institutions that use Google Workspace. This solution makes it simple to communicate information with people both inside and outside of a company. Because OverDrive is integrated with Drive, all you have to do is tell it the material you want to utilise, and OverDrive will quickly generate your site structure, pages, and navigation. The content of your web page and your Drive will be identical, and if you need to make any changes, you can do it on the Drive and your site will instantly sync.
- Code Blocks- this app does syntax highlighting for Google Docs.
- Formfacade- The form is made to look like your website instead of using google branding. This helps in gaining the trust of the customers.
- Editey- This is a free editor for google drive.
- Math Equations Editor / Latex Editor- You can create math formulae, render them, and then save them as a Tex file or open a Tex file from your computer.
- Docs to Markdown- A Google Doc may be converted to basic, legible Markdown or HTML with this free, open-source Drive add-on.
- Export Sheet Data- Users may export Google Sheets sheets as XML or JSON with this open-source add-on.
- PlantUML Gizmo- In Google Docs and Slides, you can create and update UML diagrams. PlantUML, a text-based UML diagramming tool, creates the diagrams, which are then imported as pictures into your Google Docs. You don’t have to worry about the arrangement of your diagram since PlantUML uses Graphviz algorithms to make it for you. The PlantUML source text is contained within the Google Docs picture link, so you may update it and re-insert the graphic using PlantUML Gizmo later. PlantUML Gizmo includes several sample schematics to get you started.
- XML, JSON Viewer with Drive- See how XML and JSON files are structured. This XML, JSON Viewer is a simple yet powerful software for reading XML files.
- Sheet2Site- Make professional websites out of your Google Sheets.
The article above has discussed all the major points like the benefits of using Google Workspace for the creation and maintenance of websites. It has also discussed many useful and cost-effective tools for the same purpose. Download the Entri app to learn more about how can we use Google Workspace to create websites, how you can manage your team and business efficiently with google workspace and other novel features like Google Workspace marketing, Google Workspace email automation, Google Workspace advertising etc.