Table of Contents
Andhra Pradesh is a state in India, that lies in the north eastern region. The state is popularly known for its temples, rivers and natural resources. In this article we will discuss Andhra Pradesh GK Questions and Answers 2023.
This article about Andhra Pradesh GK Questions can be of great benefit for all those trying to learn about the state. Also if you are preparing for APPSC, UPSC etc come join us. Here we are trying to cover geographical, political, history, economy and various other aspects of the state.
The state of Andhra Pradesh is popular for its natural resources, temples and also rivers. In India, Andhra Pradesh is ranked number 10 for population. Andhra Pradesh is otherwise known as land of kohinoor diamond. The official language of Andhra Pradesh is telugu.
Boost your knowledge by completing the Andhra Pradesh GK Questions and answers with us. Also try answering this complete article on Andhra Pradesh GK Questions. We have tried our best to provide as many questions as possible on Andhra Pradesh GK Questions. Be ready and tune in to this article about Andhra Pradesh GK Questions and Answers 2023.
Andhra Pradesh GK Questions 2023
1. Name the sports player from Andhra Pradesh who received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
- Saina Nehwal
- Karnam Malleshwari
- Sania Mirza
- Sneha Deepthi
Answer : Karnam Malleshwari
2. Name the capital of Andhra Pradesh before Hyderabad
Answer : Kurnool
3. Name the largest district in Andhra Pradesh in terms of area
Answer : Anantapur
4. How many districts are there in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : 13
5. Name the first dynasty that ruled Vijayanagara empire?
- Tuluva dynasty
- Sangama dynasty
- Aravidu dynasty
- Saluva dynasty
6. In which year did the state of Andhra Pradesh form?
- 7th March 1936
- 1st October 1953
- 8th June 1951
- 9th March 1954
Answer : 1st October 1953
7. Andhra Pradesh was separated from which state?
Answer : Madras
8. First person to translate Mahabharata to Telugu language was?
Answer : Nannayya
9. Name the official language of Andhra Pradesh
Answer : Telugu
10. Who was the first prime minister from Andhra Pradesh
- PV Narasimha Rao
- KR Narayanan
- VV Giri
- N Sanjiv Reddy
Answer : PV Narasimha Rao
11. Who among the following poets does not belong to the group of Kavitraya or three great poets
Answer : Pothana
12. Who among the personalities became the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh
- NT Rama Rao
- MG Ramachandran
Answer : NT Rama Rao
13. In which year was NTR elected as the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : 1983
14. In which year was the Andhra University established?
Answer : 1926
15. Who was the author of gaha sattasai
- Kundala Satkarini
- Sarva Varma
16. Telangana was separated from Andhra Pradesh in the year
Answer : 2014
17. Name the first telugu movie (Full length)
- Vande Mataram
- Bhaktha Prahlada
Answer : Bhaktha Prahlada
18. On which river was Srisailam bridge built?
Answer : Krishna
19. Which was the first telugu newspaper?
- Satya Doota
- Andhra Patrika
Answer : Deshabhimini
20. In which year was Ramoji film city established
Answer : 1996
21. Who directed the first telugu movie
- H.M Reddy
- Nageswara Rao
- C. Pullaiah
Answer : H.M Reddy
22. On the bank of which river is Vijayawada located?
Answer : Krishna
23. Name the city called as jewel of east coast
Answer : Vishakapattanam
24. Who was the founder of Hyderabad State Congress
- P.V Narasimha Rao
- Y.S Rajashekara Reddy
- Swami Ramanand Thirtha
Answer : Swami Ramanand Thirtha
25. Name the state animal of Andhra Pradesh
- Sambar deer
- Indian elephant
- Nilgiri tahr
Answer : Blackbuck
26. Which was the first novel in telugu
- Rajasekhara Charitramu
Answer : Rajashekara Charitramu
27. Who was known as Andhra Kesari
- Swami Ramanand Tirtha
- Tanguturi Prakasam
- Sreerangam Srinivasa Rao
Answer : Tanguturi Prakasam
Andhra Pradesh G.K Questions 2023
Certain Facts about Andhra Pradesh
- State of Andhra Pradesh is bounded by Tamil Nadu to the south and Karnataka to the west.
- Andhra Pradesh has three three main physiographic regions. They are the coastal plains, mountain ranges and eastern ghats.
- Telangana was separated from Andhra Pradesh in 2014. It was a part of Andhra Pradesh for six decades.
- Hyderabad is the capital of both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
- There are three climatic seasons for Andhra Pradesh. Summer from March to June. Tropical rains from July to september. Winter from september to february
- Coastal plains of Andhra Pradesh are filled with mangrove swamps and palm trees
- One fifth of the total area of Andhra Pradesh is covered by forests. Teak, bamboo, rosewood etc are seen in plenty. Commonly found trees include mango, banyan etc
- Common faunas found in the region include blackbucks, hyena, sloth bears, tigers, gaurs etc.
- Official language of Andhra Pradesh is Telugu
- Major portion of barite of India is produced by Andhra Pradesh
- The governor appointed by President of India is the executive head of the state
- Current chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh is Y.S Jagan Mohan Reddy
- There are a total of 13 districts in the state of Andhra Pradesh
- State Secretariat is located at Hyderabad
- Judiciary of the state is headed by the High court. The High court for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana is at Hyderabad.
Some Surprising Facts About Andhra Pradesh
- The only pillar in the world, that is suspended in the air is at Andhra Pradesh
- Pingali Venkayya who designed the Indian National Flag is from Andhra Pradesh
- Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh is one among the oldest places in the History Of India. Amaravati is also known as the people’s capital.
- Andhra Pradesh holds record for the largest banyan tree in the world
- The state has given India the most number of president’s. Three presidents from Andhra Pradesh were Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Venkata Giri and Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy.
We hope that this article about Andhra Pradesh GK Questions will help you for your competitive exams. Subscribe to entri for practicing more Andhra Pradesh GK Questions. We provide all the study materials for Andhra Pradesh PSC Exams and various other competitive exams. Walk a step closer to your dream job with entri by your side.
|RRB Exams Coaching||RRB JE Online Coaching||SSC JE Online Coaching|
|SSC Online Coaching||UPSC Online Coaching||Bank Exam Coaching Online|