In most of the APPSC, “PROFICIENCY IN OFFICE AUTOMATION WITH USAGE OF COMPUTERS AND ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE” is mandatory for the appointment to the posts of Junior Assistants, Assistant-Cum-Typists, Senior Stenographers, Junior Stenographers, U.D. Typists, Typists, L.D. Typists, Assistant Section officers, Senior Stenographer, Junior Stenographer and Typist-cum-Assistants. The APPSC CPT syllabus 2021 and exam pattern will remain the same for all these posts. candidates can here check the detailed break-up of the syllabus & exam pattern.
APPSC CPT Exam Pattern & Syllabus
To perform the mandatory computer proficiency test, the Andra Pradesh PSC will provide the candidates with text/matter in the Question Paper and ask them to type / reproduce the same in the Answer Sheet.
APPSC CPT Exam Pattern 2021
|Maximum Marks||Minimum qualifying marks|
|Proficiency In Office Automation With Usage Of Computers And Associated Software||30||50||15||17.5||20|
APPSC CPT Syllabus 2021
The whole syllabus is divided into five parts. The five parts in the Andra Pradesh Computer Proficiency Test is s:
- Typing a letter/passage/paragraph in MS-Word ( about 100- 150 words ): 15 marks
- Preparation of a Table/Graph in MS-Excel: 10 marks
- Preparation of PowerPoint Presentations/Slides (Two) on MS-PowerPoint: 10 marks
- Creation and manipulation of databases: 10 marks
- Displaying the content of E-mail (Inbox): 05 marks
APPSC CPT Syllabus: MS Word
- Create and save a document using MS WORD
- Deletion of Character, Word, line and block of text
- Undo and redo the process
- Moving, Copying and renaming
- Format the Text document: Character, Paragraph, Page formatting
- Spell check the document
a. Finding and Replacing of text
b. Bookmarks and Searching for a Bookmarks
c. Checking Spelling and Grammar automatically
d. Checking Spelling and Grammar using Dictionary
- Print the document
a. Print Preview
b. Print Dialog box
- Mail Merge in Ms-word
a. Create main document and data file for mail merging
b. Merging the files
c. From letters using mail merging
d. Mailing labels using mail merging
- Table creation in Ms-word
a. Create a table in the document
b. Add row, column to a table
c. Changing column width and row height.
d. Merge split cells of the table.
e. Use formulae in tables.
f. sorting data in a table.
g. formatting a table.
- Ability to type on Qwerty keyboard of Computer at a speed of at least equivalent to 30 Words per 1 minute (Lower typewriting test).
APPSC CPT Syllabus: Excel
- Create and save a new workbook in Excel
- Entering Data into Worksheet EXCEL
- Editing data of Worksheet
- Formatting the text & numbers in the cells
- Formatting cells.
- Copying format of the cell along with data format.
- Changing the height and width of cells.
- Freezing Titles, splitting the screen
- Enter formulae for calculation in the cells.
- Copying the formula over a range of cells.
- Inserting built-in functions into the cells.
- Create graphs for the data using Chart Wizard.
- Format graphs in Excel.
- Printing of worksheet.
CPT Syllabus: PowerPoint
- Create and save a new presentation using MS PowerPoint.
- Choose Auto Layout for a new slide.
- Insert text and pictures into a blank slide.
- Insert new slides into the presentation.
- Apply slide transition effects.
- Slide show.
- Set animation to text and pictures in a slide
- Set the sounds, order and timing for animation.
MS-Access & Internet
- Creation and manipulation of databases
- Browse the Net using Browser software (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome etc)
- Search the Web using Search Engines
- Create an E-mail account
- Send and receive E-mail
- E-commerce transactions
- Web content uploading
- Ability to operate Mac OS / pages / key note / Numbers
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.