APPSC Group-2 Exam Pattern
In Andhra Pradesh PSC Group-2 services, there are two stages of written examination followed by the Computer Proficiency Test and Physical Measurement Test for selected posts. There will be a gap of not less than 03 months in between each stage of the selection process. In short, the selection process involves the following stages;
- Screening Test/ Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Personal Interview
- Computer Proficiency Test
- Document Verification, and
- Physical Standard Test
Andra Pradesh PSC Group- 2: Preliminary Examination
|Subject||Number of Questions||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|General Studies and Mental Ability||50 questions each||
2 hours 30 minutes
|Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh and the Indian Constitution|
|Planning and Economy|
Andra Pradesh PSC Group-2: Main Examination
|Subject/ Topic||Number of Questions||Exam Duration||Maximum Marks|
|General Studies and Mental Ability||75 + 75||2 hours 30 minutes||150|
|i. Social History of Andhra Pradesh i.e., the History of Various Social and Cultural Movements in Andhra Pradesh
ii. General Overview of the Indian Constitution
|75 + 75||2 hours 30 minutes||150|
|Planning in India and Indian Economy Contemporary Problems and Developments in Rural Society with Special Reference to Andhra Pradesh||150||02 hours 30 minutes||150|
|Total Marks: 450|
- For each wrong answer, candidates will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for that particular question.
APPSC Group-2 Services
The posts in Andra Pradesh Group-2 services are classified into two sections:
- Executive Posts
- Non-executive Posts
While submitting the applications should give their preference order for the selection. PSC will selects candidates based on your choice of selection and the scores.
Andra Pradesh PSC Group 2 Executive Posts
In Andra Pradesh PSC Group-2 services, there is 10 executive post across different state departments
- Deputy Tahsildar in Andra Pradesh Revenue Subordinate Service
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer in Commercial Taxes Sub-ordinate Service
- Assistant Labour Officer in Andra Pradesh Labour and Employment Sub- Service
- Executive Officer Grade-I in Commissioner of Endowments
- Assistant Development Officers in Andra Pradesh Handloom and Textile Department
- Prohibition and Excise Sub Inspector in Andra Pradesh Prohibition and Excise Sub-Service
- Municipal Commissioner Grade-III in A.P. Municipal Commissioner Subordinate Service
- Extension Officer in Panchayat Raj and Rural Department
- Assistant registrar in A.P Cooperative societies
- Assistant registrar in Andra Pradesh Cooperative societies
APPSC Group-2 Non-Executive Posts
The non-executive posts under the Andra Pradesh PSC Group-2 services are:
- Senior Accountant
- Auditor in Andra Pradesh Pay and Accounts
- Senior Accountant
- Assistant Section Officer in Secretariat Sub-Service
- Assistant Section Officer in Andra Pradesh Legislature
- Senior Auditor
- Assistant Section Officer (Finance and Planning Department)
Click here to download APPSC Group-1 Syllabus free pdf
- Assistant Section Officer (Law Department)
- Typist -cum- Assistant in Andra Pradesh Secretariat Service
- Typist- cum- Assistant in Andra Pradesh Legislature Sub-Service
- Assistant Auditor
- Typist- cum- Assistant (Finance and Planning Department)
- Assistant-cum-Typist (Heads of Department) in Andra Pradesh Ministerial Service.
- Junior Assistant (Heads of Departments) in Andra Pradesh Ministerial Sevice
- Junior Accountant (Directorate)
- Typist-cum-Assistant (Law Department)
- Junior Accountant (Directorate) in Andra Pradesh Government Life Insurance Sub- Service
APPSC Group-2 Job Profile
Let’s have a look at the roles and responsibilities of some of the Group-2 services.
Deputy Tahasildar in AP Revenue Subordinate Service
The Revenue Department administration in Andra Pradesh state government has the following hierarchy:
- Chief Commissionerate at State Level,
- Collectorates at District Level,
- Divisional Officers at Revenue Divisional Level,
- Tahsildars and Deputy Tahsildars at Mandal Level, and
- Village Revenue Officer at Village Leve
The Deputy Tahsildar/ Superintendent supervises the day-to-day functions of Tahsildar’s office and deals mainly with general administration. Most of the files are routed through him. She/ He monitors all the sections in the Tahsildar’s office. The job profile of the Deputy Tahasildar includes assisting the Tahalsidar in the following activities:
- Supervision over the Mandal Revenue Inspectors, Village Revenue Officers and Village Revenue Assistants and other subordinate special staff working at Mandal level.
- Review fortnightly tour diaries of Mandal Revenue Inspectors and Additional Revenue Inspectors.
- Conducting of general enquires coming within the purview of Tahsildar.
- Protocol duties.
- Inspection of quarries and prevent illicit quarrying and prevent illicit felling of trees, etc
Assistant Commercial Tax Officer- Commercial Taxes Sub-ordinate Service
- They should periodically inspect the wards at least once a fortnight and point out the environmental deficiencies which come to their notice.
- Monitors the periodical filing of return (monthly, quarterly, annually, final) by dealers and collection of tax, the maintenance of various registers and records related to dealers, and for the approval and issue of statutory forms.
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer maintains individual files for the wards, wherein, inspection report and the action taken report on subsequent visits are to be retained.
- Whenever CCT and Additional CCT visits, the records of previous inspection and compliance can be checked.
APPSC Group-2: Assistant Labour Officer
- Inspections and Prosecutions
- Make sure that all firms under their watch had implemented the minimum wages criteria
- Employees Compensation
- Prevent Child Labour
Prohibition and Excise Sub Inspector in Andra Pradesh Prohibition and Excise Sub-Service
- Ensure that the Excise Revenue is protected and collected according to the acts and rules.
- Prevent illegal liquor from manufacturing and its trafficking.
- Prevent the Narcotic Drugs trafficking
- Lead the campaign against Alcoholism.
Typist cum Assistant Andra Pradesh Secretariat & Legislative Service
They are expected to do the work of a routine nature such as maintenance of personal and other prescribed Registers, and if entrusted, drafting of routine reminders, typing drafts, fair copying, dispatch
APPSC Group-2: Senior Auditor
- The Senior Auditor will be held entirely responsible for a complete audit of Divisional accounts entrusted to her/ him.
- Watching the punctual receipts of the monthly Divisional Accounts, returns, statements etc., and for issuing reminders for those not received in time.
- Examining and exercising necessary checks, in respect of monthly accounts including the tallying of the figures in the schedules and other documents accompanying the accounts with those incorporated in the monthly accounts:
- Putting up the registers of the selection of vouchers for audit/ review together with the schedule dockets and vouchers received.
Assistant Section Officer (Finance and Planning Department)
Various sections in the Finance and Planning Department are Budget, expenditure, central cash, public accounts, finance, surplus manpower cell, resource mobilization and expenditure control, etc. The main duties of the Assistant Section Officer in any Section in the Finance Department are to reference the communications properly and to assist the Section Officer in dealing with subjects/ files relating to his Section. He is expected to do work of routine and mechanical nature such as maintaining the prescribed Registers, Typing drafts, fair copying, dispatching and indexing.
Extension Officer in Panchayat Raj and Rural Department
The Extension Officer in AP Panchayats is an important Block level functionary who performs statutory functions such as Audit of Panchayats and Inspection of Panchayats besides guiding the Panchayat Presidents in the administration of Panchayats and in the implementation of various development programmes such as Jawahar Velai Vaippu Thittam, various Anti-poverty programmes and other development programmes. The Extension
Officer (Panchayats) will undergo training for about a year to occupy themselves to discharge the required duties.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
|APPSC Group 2 Exam Information Links|
|APPSC Group 2 Notification||APPSC Group 2 Mock Test|
|APPSC Group 2 Syllabus||APPSC Group 2 Video Course|
|APPSC Group 2 Exam date||APPSC Group 2 Study Materials|
|APPSC Group 2 Application Form||APPSC Group 2 Interview Questions|
|APPSC Group 2 Vacancy||APPSC Group 2 Answer Key|
|APPSC Group 2 Admit Card||APPSC Group 2 Salary|
|APPSC Group 2 Study Plan||APPSC Group 2 Preperation Tips and Tricks|
|APPSC Group 2 Previous Question Papers||APPSC Group 2 Result|
|APPSC Group 2 Best Books||APPSC Group 2 Cutoff|
|APPSC Group 2 Eligibility Criteria||APPSC Group 2 Exam Analysis|
|APPSC Group 2 Selection Process|