APPSC Group-1 Interview Questions Answers: Introduction
Andra Pradesh Public Service Commission(APPSC) has invited applications from the eligible graduates to the state’s most prestigious APPSC Group-01 2019 service.There are a total of 169 vacant positions are reported across the state including both fresh vacancies and carry forward ones. Interested candidates should submit their applications through APPSC official website. In this blog we will discuss about APPSC Group-1 Interview Questions Answers.
Every year APPSC recruits civil servants to fill prestigious posts such as Deputy Collector, Assistant Commissioner (Tax), Dy SP etc in the Andhra state administration.
APPSC Group-1 Interview Questions Answers: Exam Pattern
The APPSC Exam is Conducted in three stages
- The Prelims consists of two papers carrying a total mark of 240.
- There is 1/3 negative marking for each wrong question.
- The Mains is of a descriptive type which consists of 7 theory subjects.
- Out of the 7 theory subject, 2 subjects are qualifying in nature Telegu and English.
- The Marks scored in Mains and Interview out of 825 is counted for the final merit list.
In this blog, we will discuss few of the Questions which are asked in an Interview of APPSC.
APPSC Group-1 Interview Questions Answers: Personality Based test
In the interview round questions are asked to test your personality and your ability to deal with real-time situations. The questions will be asked from your profile which you had filled in the form. In this round, you will be assessed on various criteria such as attitude, your ability to react to a stressful environment, your overall behavior and characteristics, mental health, your ideation and your way to narrate thoughts and opinions. We will be discussing few of the categories from which the questions are asked in APPSC Interview sessions as particular questions vary from candidate to candidate. We will cover three types of areas from which questions might be asked based on your profile, they are as follows:
Question related to your native place or your current place of residence
- Questions related to the political scenario of the state or any recent activity which had come into light from that particular state or the ethnicity of the state.
- The interviewers often tend to ask the history of your native state to test your general knowledge.
- Questions can also be around what are the problems faced by the state government and how do you think will it be resolved in the coming future.
- Interviewers also try to give you some situations based on the workings of the administrative system in the state to understand how will you interpret them, in a positive manner or in a diplomatic manner.
- They will ask you to assume the role of the Collector, DSP, etc and will see your capability of solving a real-time problem.
Questions on your work profile and Academic background
- The interviewers will ask questions based on your educational background. For eg: If you are from an engineering background, they would ask you questions like, why have you chosen a Civil Services line rather than going for a private firm abroad.
- If you are a Commerce graduate, they can ask about how you will enhance Economic and Financial reforms in your area or country.
- They will dig into each and every detail of the answer just to test your ability to keep on answering and to test your detailed knowledge
- If you have done your MBBS, they can ask about the situation of the outbreak of a certain virus in the country. Opinion questions like what can you do about it might also arise.
- In case you are from a Mass Media background, they can ask about the freedom of press and censorship, etc.
Questions based on your Hobbies or area of interest
- The interviewers ask about the hobbies you have stated in your form. They will swing some questions on general knowledge on the basis of area of interest.
- It is important not to make up a hobby and actually try to take up one if you don’t have any.
- If you have mentioned on your form that you were a state-level badminton player they can ask you questions like what was India’s recent achievement in this field.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope your idea of joining into any of the above organization is clearer now. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves improve your success rate.