The Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test which is commonly called APSET is conducted every year for the recruitment and promotion of lecturers/assistant professors in universities and degree colleges. The APSET examination for the year 2021 will be held on 31 October. The candidates are expected to follow up the notifications and information regarding the examination from the official website.
- The APSET Salary Structure will give an idea to the aspirants about various perks associated with the post they are applying for.
- The APSET, Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test is conducted by the Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam.
- The purpose of the exam is to appoint eligible candidates in the posts of Assistant Professors in the universities of Andhra Pradesh.
- It is a state-level test to examine the capabilities of the candidates in various subjects.
- The main cause for a huge number of applications every year is an attractive salary.
- The candidate is expected to know all the aspects of the exam before applying for such a post.
APSET Salary Details
- The candidate will be considered for the post of Assistant professor or lecturer only after the clearing of the examination
- The pay scale will increase depending upon the performance and position of the respective college or university the candidate is posted for.
- Promotions will depend on your experience and performance of the candidate
- Every college is bound to give you an APSET Salary Slip that will contain its Basic Pay as per the job profile and other additional perks.
- The candidate will only get the in-hand salary after deduction of several necessary amounts from your gross salary like Provident Fund, Professional Tax.
APSET Average Salary
- The starting salaries for the candidates who clear the APSET examination will be in the range of Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- per month.
- Revision in the APSET Salary Structure as per the scores of the colleges or universities.
- If the posting happens in a Government college, then definitely your pay package will be according to the pay scale.
- It will be subject to yearly increment with a specified increment in Dearness Allowance.
- The APSET salaries 2021 will vary a lot in institutions like private colleges
APSET Revised Salary Structure 2021
A new salary structure was made by the Government. The pay scale listed below are supposed to give an overview, it may vary accordingly.
- APSET Basic Pay sums up to Rs 15,600 to 39,100 per month.
- APSET Academic Grade Pay sums up to Rs 6000/ per month.
- APSET Average Gross Pay sums up to Rs 45,000/- to Rs 50,000/-per month.
APSET Salary and Benefits
After qualifying APSET as an assistant professor post, the candidate receives a minimum salary of INR 2,61,500 per annum to the highest salary of INR 9,50,000 per annum. The average salary of an assistant professor in India is INR 5,47,800 per annum.
Along with a good salary the candidate receives various other bonuses or perks of being an assistant professor.
- Good work environment
- Convenient work timings
- Paid holidays
- Easy leave applicability
- Paid sick leave
- Good professional growth
- Ample resources available for further research
- Renewal of salary on a fixed date
APSET Important Insights
- Once selected for the post, the candidates are expected to follow a set of rules and regulations to maintain peace and harmony.
- The candidate should be ready and flexible enough to shift to any location within the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- APSET Salaries for the year 2021 is decided according to the pay-scale formulated for the Assistant Professors at the 7th Pay Commission.
- Every Assistant Professor will receive the salary as per the same pay scale.
- As an Assistant Professor, the candidates can expect an increment as per the changes made to the policies of the colleges or the institutions.
I believe this article was helpful. For more information and insights on the APSET exam 2021, download Entri app today. We will be glad to assist you through this journey of examination. Practice papers, workbooks. tutorials are all available. Do make use of all the contents given by us. Start your revisions today. Good luck.