Table of Contents
The APSET which is the abbreviated version for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test is conducted every year for the recruitment and promotion of lecturers/assistant professors in universities and degree colleges.
The APSET exam is held every year to recruit Assistant Professions for many prestigious universities of India located in Andhra Pradesh. To qualify for the examination, the candidate needs to have an idea about the APSET vacancy. The goal of this post is to give a planner for the candidate which acts as pointers and helps to clear the examination.
APSET Study Plan 2021
The APSET 2021 Examination will be held on 31 October 2021. The candidates are expected to be updated with the various aspects of the examination. Listed below are a few pointers that might help the candidates to crack the exam at a steady pace.
- Customized planners like a 30-days date sheet or 4 monthly preparation journals cannot be made because of the number of optional subjects present in Paper-II.
- Candidates must prepare their planner based on various factors such as their strengths and weakness
- Candidates are expected to be consistent throughout this journey of preparation.
APSET 2021 – Key points
1- Time and tide waits for none
- The APSET exam syllabus is rigorous and challenging to cover without appropriate discipline.
- The candidate must have a proper plan of study to crack the examination.
- Devoting long hours, say, 10-12 hours on studies at a stretch on a given day, with consistent gaps, would not be the right approach.
- Candidates must fix a daily routine to ensure regular focus on their studies, depending upon the duration left for the examination.
- The goal should be on ensuring the quality of concepts grasped rather than the number of questions answered.
- The candidates must make sure they have a daily plan with a certain amount of hours to be devoted to each subject/paper.
2- Focus on the weaker sections
- One can crack the APSET exam if they clear all subject cut-offs.
- It is obvious not to expect everyone to be strong in all topics and subjects.
- The candidate must think and find out which sections are weak and give another chance to improve their understanding.
- Once this is figured out, extra efforts will be required to improve performance in those areas.
3- Work on logical skills
- Reasoning questions in Paper 1 (Teaching Ability & Research Aptitude) may appear to be confusing and a time guzzler during the exam, but building a proper approach can help you master this art.
- Candidates must have concepts clear on different types of questions that may come and practice them thoroughly.
- If you try to solve them as if playing a mind game or a puzzle, you will easily crack the underlying concept and become capable of solving them quickly.
4- Intelligent guesswork
- The candidate must aim to attempt all possible questions as there is no negative marking for wrong answers in this examination.
- However, to fully capitalize on this, the candidate will need to start intelligently assessing the questions and develop an ability to guess an answer as closely as possible.
- This approach will maximize your opportunity to score higher marks.
5- Formulae is the key
- When there are limited time and a lot of questions to answer, having the necessary math formulae easily recallable will come very handy during the exam.
- For subjects such as Mathematics, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Physics, and Chemistry, which have a lot of formulae or chemical compositions to remember, it becomes easier to solve the questions efficiently.
- The candidates must start by memorizing the important math formulae by jotting them down or by pasting them on a sheet in front of you while studying.
- In this way, it will be easy to recall the formulae whenever required, as they will get subconsciously ingrained inside your mind.
6- Work on language skills
- APSET Paper 1 (Teaching Ability & Research Aptitude) fundamentally tests a candidate on these skills along with their general awareness, the ability to think differently, and have a point of view on diverse topics.
- It is essential to keep oneself updated by reading newspapers, journals, and renowned news sites.
- The candidates must time to form opinions on current affairs and other news to build all-around awareness.
7- Make use of visual strategies
- Both the paper of APSET 2021 are subject-specific exams that will test a candidate’s knowledge in that field extensively.
- A candidate needs to prepare for the examination from a post-graduate level difficulty standpoint.
- It is widely accepted that humans have higher retention from the visual medium as compared to text or aural media.
- The candidate must try incorporating them in their efforts to maximize your retention.
- They must build a habit of making concise notes of the concept containing the keywords, use highlights and bulleting techniques for marking essential points, create visual representations such as flowcharts and diagrams of essential concepts to develop a photographic memory.
8- Aim to finish the APSET Syllabus 2021 in time
- Plan your exam strategy in such a way that you get around 2-3 weeks before the examination for revision and practice tests
- With this margin, the candidate will automatically feel secure and have enough time to brush up on some rough concepts.
- It will also lift your confidence going into the final stretch before the examination day.
- A positive frame of mind will add a lot of extra punch to your test-taking ability.
9- Practice is the key to success
- No amount of preparation of any subject will bear the fruit of success until and unless you practice the concepts regularly.
- Be it solving the concept related tests or mock papers, staying in regular touch with all concepts will ensure that you remember the subjects till the examination day.
- As a best practice, aim to take an APSET 2021 mock test every day once you are done with the syllabus so that you are in a proper rhythm to take the actual exam.
I hope this article was helpful. Among all professions, teaching is considered sacred. Education plays a vital role in a persons life. It is a very beautiful experience. It is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who wish to pursue their careers in the teaching field. You shall teach the young buds of the nation, together making a better place to live in. If you are looking for a good start, our app has got it covered for you. Download our Entri app today. Look for all the contents and insights you will need to crack this exam. We will keep you updated with all the latest notifications and content. We will be glad to assist you throughout the journey of this examination. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Focus on the good and work hard. Good luck.