Table of Contents
The APSET which is the abbreviated version for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test is conducted every year for the recruitment and promotion of lecturers/assistant professors in universities and degree colleges. This year, the APSET examination will be held on 31 October 2021.
APSET Exam 2021 – Overview
Insights on the Examination:
- The name of the examination is Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test.
- It is conducted once every year.
- It is a state-level examination.
- Conducted by Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam.
Mode of Application:
- Candidates must fill out the application form online.
- Commencement of online application form – 11 August 2021
- Last date for the submission of the application form – 13 September 2021
Mode of the Exam:
- The examination is conducted offline.
- The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes
- The question paper will be in both English and Telugu language.
- The examination aims to determine the eligibility of aspirants for the post of Assistant Professors or Lecturers in the colleges and universities of the state.
- Rs 1200 for General Category
- Rs 1000 for BC Community
- Rs 700 for SC/ ST/ PwD
APSET Syllabus 2021
Paper I (General paper on research and teaching aptitude)
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science & Application
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science
- Environmental Science
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Life Sciences
- Library and Information Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Visual Arts
APSET Exam Pattern 2021
- Paper I – 50 Questions and Maximum marks allotted is 100
- Paper-II – 100 Questions and Maximum marks allotted is 200
- It is general and is common for all candidates appearing APSET.
- It will be bilingual (English and Telugu).
- The objective is to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It is primarily be designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type questions. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-II for the following subjects a) Commerce b) Economics c) Education d) History e) Political Science f) Public Administration and g) Sociology will be bilingual (English and Telugu).
- All the remaining papers are in English only except Hindi, Sanskrit, Telugu and Urdu.
- Consists of 100 objective type questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I and Paper – II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet provided along with the test booklet.
- There is no negative marking.
APSET 2021 – Question Distribution
- Research Aptitude
- Higher Education System
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Teaching Aptitude
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Information and Communication Technology
- People, Environment and Development
- The above mentioned are sections, on basis of which the questions will be formulated.
- A maximum of five questions will be asked from each mentioned sections.
- A candidate should appear for both papers on the same date.
- One must be prepared for both Paper-I and Paper-II before the exam.
I hope this article was helpful. Among all professions, teaching is considered sacred. Education plays a vital role in a persons life. It is a very beautiful experience. It is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who wish to pursue their careers in the teaching field. You shall teach the young buds of the nation, together making a better place to live in. If you are looking for a good start, our app has got it covered for you. Download our Entri app today. Look for all the contents and insights you will need to crack this exam. We will keep you updated with all the latest notifications and content. We will be glad to assist you throughout the journey of this examination. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Focus on the good and work hard. Good luck.