Karnataka Public Service Commission conducts recruitment for various state-level civil servants for the state of Karnataka. The recruitment process includes three stages; Preliminary exam, Main Exam, and Personality test/Interview. These state-level exams are conducted annually in offline mode. Applications can be done online mode.
Eligibility Criteria for Direct Recruitment
The posts filled by Direct recruitment are categorized as Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D. These include technical and non-technical exams. Exams will be objective-type multiple-choice questions. Government/Departments give details about vacancies to the commission and the commission scrutinizes the request and publishes notifications that satisfy all categories including reservations. The notification will be published in Karnataka Gazette, official site, and leading newspapers which specify eligibility criteria, Anticipated vacancies, reservations, and necessary instructions. The rules of Karnataka PSC insist that a compulsory Kannada Language exam must be passed for qualifying the interview process. This exam will be conducted by the commission. The people who are exempted from the Kannada language examination is;
- Passed SSLC in which Kannada is the main language or second language or an optional subject
- Passed exam equivalent to SSLC (declared by the state government) in which Kannada is the main language or second language or an optional subject
- Passed any examination higher than SSLC in which Kannada is the main language or second language or an optional subject
- Studied and passed in Kannada medium
- Passed Kannada language test conducted by the commission earlier.
The age limit for the Karnataka PSC exam for different categories is given below;
|SC/ST/Category -1 (CAT-1)||40|
|Physically Handicapped/ Widow Candidates||45|
- OBC Category has 3 years of Age relaxation
- SC/ST/CAT 1 have 5 years of Age relaxation
- Physically Handicapped and Widow Candidates have 10 years of Age relaxation
KAS Age limit
|Stream||Lower limit||Upper limit|
For KAS Age relaxations will be ;
- OBC – 3 Years
- SC/ST – 5 Years
- Widows – 5 Years
- Orthopedically differently-abled – 10 years
- Differently-abled (Speech, Vision, and Hearing) – 15 years
- Ex-servicemen – According to their service for up to 5 years
Education qualification is different for each post. The criteria will be mentioned in the notifications provided in the official website. Candidates must thoroughly go through educational qualifications and apply for posts. For Karnataka PSC KAS exams the candidate must possess a Bachelors’s degree/Masters’s degree or an equivalent one from any recognized university.
Nationality is an important criterion which we can see in the notification. The candidate must be an Indian citizen to apply for any job notified by the Karnataka Public Service Commission. Even in the case of Karnataka PSC KAS exams also the candidate must be an Indian citizen.
How to Apply for Karnataka PSC
If the candidate already registered on the official site, then the steps are ;
- Go to the official recruitment website of Karnataka PSC
- On the home page, you can see What’s new or To the notice of the applicant
- Click on the notification needed
- Open the notification and read it thoroughly
- If the candidate finds it eligible, click on the apply online link available
- A new window will open for application
- Give the necessary details
- The next step is to upload the scanned documents (Photo, Signature and other documents needed as per notification)
- Submit the details
- Complete fee payment (If needed)
Take the printout of the application and keep it with the candidate for future use.
If the candidate is a new user then go to the official site. On the home page, you can see Apply online for various notifications. Click on that and you will be directed to another page shows click here for one-time registration. By clicking on that you will be redirected to the Karnataka psc recruitment portal. There you can register as a new user.
For offline methods download applications from the official site. Take a printout. Fill in the details. Attach the required documents and a copy of the payment made. Mention the address and send it before the end date.