Table of Contents
Assam Police has released notification regarding recruitment of personnel for the post of Sub-Inspector of Police. State Level Police Recruitment Board (SLPRB) will be recruiting eligible candidates to fill up 306 vacancies. All applications have to be submitted online through the official website of SLPRB – ‘www.slprbassam.in’. Online applications will be accepted from 10 December, 2021 and the last date of receiving application will be 9 January, 2022. The Board will conduct the exam on 24th April, 2022. The Admit Cards have been released and is available online.
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Notification
|Name of the recruiting organization||State Level Police Recruitment Board (SLPRB)|
|Name of the post||Sub-Inspector|
|Number of vacancies||306|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Start date of online application||10 December, 2021|
|Last date of online application||9 January, 2022.|
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Vacancies
There are a total of 306 vacancies for the post of Sub Inspector. The category wise vacancies are as given in the table below:
|Category||Number of vacancies|
|Other Backward Class (OBC) / Minorities and Other Backward Classes (MOBC)||83|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||21|
|Scheduled Tribe ST(H)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe ST(P)||31|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||30|
Apart from the reservations mentioned in the table above, 30% of the vacancies in each category will be reserved for women and 10% for persons belonging to who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs.
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
|Online Applications Start Date for SI (UB)||10th December 2021|
|Online Applications End Date for SI (UB)||9th January 2022|
|Online Applications Start Date for SI (AB)||22nd December 2021|
|Online Applications End Date for SI (AB)||21st January 2022|
|Assam Police SI Admit Card 2022 Release Date||13th March 2022 (11 AM) – 24th April 2022|
|Assam Police SI 2022 Written Exam||24th April 2022 (10 AM to 12 Noon)|
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
SLPRB will consider only those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria set by them. Candidates will also have to produce the relevant documents as proof of eligibility. Have a look at the eligibility criteria set for the selection of Assam Police Sub Inspector.
Eligibility Criteria – Nationality
- Candidates must be an Indian Citizen and a permanent resident of Assam.
- Candidates must register his/ her name with the local Employment Exchange of Assam.
- Candidates must be able to speak Assamese or any other state language fluently.
Eligibility Criteria – Age
Only those candidates who are not more than 26 years and less than 20 years of age as
on 1st July 2021 will be eligible for the post of Police Sub Inspector (SI). Candidate must be born on or before 1 July, 2001 and on or after 1 July, 1995. There will be relaxation in the upper age limit for certain categories and it will be as follows:
5 (five) years for candidates belonging to SC, ST (P) and ST(H).
3 (three) years for candidates belonging to OBC/MOBC.
As a proof of age, SLPRB will only consider the date of birth recorded in the Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate issued by a recognized education board.
Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualification
For the post of Police Sub Inspector (SI), SLPRB requires candidates who are graduates in Arts, Science,
Commerce or equivalent stream from a recognized College / Institutions affiliated to a recognized University.
Eligibility Criteria – Physical Standards
|Height||Male and Transgender||Female|
OBC / MOBC
|162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|160.02 cm||152.40 cm|
|Chest||Male and Transgender||Female|
OBC / MOBC
|80 cm||Not Applicable|
|78 cm||Not Applicable|
Eligibility Criteria – Medical Standards
- The distant vision should be 6/6 for at least one eye and not poorer than 6/9 for the other eye without correction. Near vision should be normal.
- Candidates should not have squint eyes, and should possess high color vision. The candidate must be free from any physical deformities and free from diseases such as diabetes, hernia, piles, respiratory diseases or any other ailment that might interfere with the performance of ones duties.
Varicose vein shall be considered a temporary disqualification.
- Overall the candidate must be in good mental and physical health.
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Application Process
- All applications should be submitted online. Any other forms of application will be rejected.
- Online application submission should be done through SLPRB’s official website – www.slprbassam.in.
- All the candidates should first register in the portal using a valid mobile number. This number should be unchanged until the recruitment process is complete. After successful registration candidates will get an Assam Police Recruitment ID. Candidates can apply for any posts advertised through SLPRB by logging in with this ID during the year 2021-2022.
- Candidates should fill in their their full / proper address with pin code, a valid email address and mobile phone number in the application form as this will be used for all future communications regarding their application.
- Candidates should upload a scanned photograph, signature and relevant documents. The documents required are mentioned below.
- Click on the submit button and then download the registration/ application slip with ID No.
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Salary
SLPRB offers a very competitive salary to their Sub Inspectors. According to the official notification, the pay scale of Sub Inspectors will be in the range of Rs. 14000- Rs. 60500 (Pay Band No. 2). In addition to this, Those recruited will get a grade pay of Rs. 8700 and other allowances as per the rules.
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Selection Procedure
- Written Test
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Extra curricular activities
- Oral/ Viva Voce
Once the applications are submitted, all eligible candidates will be called for a written test. It will be a OMR test of 100 marks. Every correct answer will be awarded 1 mark and .5 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. The duration of the exam will be three hours. The exam will be based on topics from three categories:
- Logical reasoning, aptitude, comprehension
- Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India
- General Knowledge
The question paper for the written exam will be in four languages: Assamese, Bodo, Bengali and English.
Once the results of the written exam is announced, candidates will be called for Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) test on merit basis. Candidates numbering only five times the number of posts in respect of each category both male & transgender and female will be called for PST (Physical Standard Test) and PET (Physical Efficiency Test). The merit list will be published in the official SLPRB Website and in all the leading dailies of Assam.
Physical Standard Test (PST)
The physical standard test will not carry any marks. during this stage, candidates physical standards will be inspected by a medical officer.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
The physical efficiency test will be of 40 marks and will consist of two events :
a) 1600 meters race for male candidates to be completed within 450 seconds and 800 meters race for female candidates to be completed within 240 secs.
b) Long Jump – for Male & Transgender 335 cm (minimum) and for female 244 cm(minimum), 3 chances (longest valid jump will be considered).
Mark distribution for the Physical Efficiency Test is explained in detail in the official notification. The link for the pdf is given in this article. Candidates will have to present the relevant original documents for verification in this stage.
Extra curricular activities
A candidate can score a maximum of 30 marks in extra curricular activities. Candidates who have been in NCC (National Cadet Corps), Home Guards, represented India in sports in national or international level and those who have extra academic achievements are eligible to score extra marks.
Oral/ Viva Voce
This section will be of five marks.
The Final Merit List will be prepared with the following criteria :-
1) Written Exam – 100 marks
2) Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – 40 marks
3) Extra-curricular Activities – 30 marks
4) Oral/ Viva Voce – 05 marks
Total – 175 marks
There will be only one merit list for each category i.e. Unreserved/ OBC/ MOBC/ SC/ ST(P)/ ST(H 0 & EWS, separately for Male & Transgender and female for the entire state. The list will be prepared for the exact number of vacancies. Candidates selected for the post of Sub-Inspectors (UB), may be posted in any
branch of Assam Police.
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam will be of 100 marks for a duration of 3 hours. Each question will be of 1 mark and there will be a negative marking of .5 marks for every wrong answer. The question paper for written exam will be in Assamese/ Bodo/ Bengali/ English.
|Topics||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Logical reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, comprehension||
|Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India|
|Topic||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Comprehension||35||35|
|Culture and History of India & Assam||35||35|
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Syllabus
- Space visualization
- Problem solving
- Analysis and Judgment
- Visual memory
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships
- Arithmetical computations and other analytical functions
- Time and Work
- Boats and Streams
- Permutation and Combination
- Square Root and Cube Root
- Chain Rule
- Height and Distance
- Surds and Indices
- Problems on H.C.F & L.C.M
- Compound Interest
- Time and Distance
- Allegation or Mixture
- Ratio and Proportion
- Races and Games
- Banker’s Discount
- Decimal Fraction
- Stocks and Share
- Volume and Surface Area
- Pipes and Cistern
- Simple Interest
- Fill in the Blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Spotting/ Phrase Replacement
- Sentence Corrections
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Missing Verbs
- Cloze Test
- Phrase Replacement
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Word Formations
- Para Jumbles
- Unseen Passages
- Idioms & Phrases
History and Culture of Assam and India
- History of Assam with emphasis on the various kingdom, their rules and achievements
- History of India, pre and post-independence India
- Major wildlife sanctuary and national park, major tourism (forts, palaces, caves, mausoleum, ancient notable and natural places etc.), major rivers, irrigation planning.
- Major personalities of Assam (political, sportsmen, litterateur, artist, administration, author, social worker etc.)
- Famous Days and Dates
- Inventions in the World
- Indian History
- Indian Economy
- Indian Parliament
- Indian Politics
- Famous Books & Authors
- Indian Culture
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Admit Card and Exam Centers
Candidates will be able to download the Admit Card / Call Letter from the official website by entering their ID number. A list showing the examination centers, dates and list of candidates will also be posted on the SLPRB website. The information will be also be sent through SMS and email to the candidates on their registered mobile numbers and email addresses.
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Documents Required
- Certificate of proof of age. (Admit Card of H.S.L.C. / equivalent examination)
- Pass Certificate & Marksheet of Graduation (BA / B. Sc / B. Com or equivalent examination).
Employment Exchange registration number.
- Certificate of Caste from Competent Authority. Caste Certificate issued by other states will not be accepted.
- Permanent Residential Certificate.
- Certificate of additional qualification such as Degree / Diploma Certificate from Govt. recognized / accredited institute (pass certificate as well as marksheet).
- Certificate of Sports / Games etc. (for which the candidate would be claiming weightage marks)
Basic & Advanced Home Guard training and experienced certificate issued by Competent Authority, if any.
- Certificate of NCC from Competent Authority, if any.
- Transgender Certificate issued by Competent Authority, if any.
- EWS certificate, if any from Competent Authority.
Assam Police SI Recruitment 2022 Answer Key
SLPRB will first release the provisional answer key. Candidates who had attempted the exam will be given a time duration to raise objection against the answer key. The board will then go through the objections and prepare a final answer key. The exam result will be based on this final Answer Key.
How to download Assam SI Exam Answer Key 2022?
Once the Answer Key is released, candidates who have appeared for the Assam Police SI Exam on 24th April 2022, can check it by visiting the official website of SLPRB Assam. Follow the steps given below to download the Answer Key:
- Visit the official website slprbassam.in
- Search for the link to Assam Police SI (UB, AB) Answer Key 24th April 2022 Exam.
- Click on the link provided.
- You can compare your answers with Answer Key.
- Download or take a print out for future reference.
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.