The right decision regarding a job can be fruitful for your entire life. Who doesn’t look forward to a smooth, hassle-free life? A government job assures a smooth life and job security. This blog post elucidates the best government jobs for 12th pass. The minimum educational qualification is Class 12th pass but a graduate or a post-graduate can also apply for the same.
Download the Entri app and start learning today!
Best Government Jobs after 12th and Job Profile
Here, you can check out 11 most sought after Government jobs for 12th pass. Most of them demand PCM percentage as an initial screening. Read them for more details:
1. National Defence Academy (NDA)
The defense sector in India consists of three wings, namely the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy. Students who have passed 10+2 can appear for the all India entrance exam, NDA. With this, they will be recruited to the respective armed forces. Candidates from any stream can join the Indian Army after 10+2. However, physics and mathematics are required at a 10+2 level for the Indian Navy and the Indian Air Force.
2. SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL)
One of the major recruitment exams conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is the Combined Higher Secondary Level exam. It is an entry-level exam for the post of LDC, UDC, DEO, and Postal/Sorting Assistant. The eligibility criteria are:
- Candidate should have passed class XII or intermediate exam from a state or central recognized institute.
- Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 27 years.
Those who qualify in the written examination are called for a Skill Test. This round is qualifying in nature and it would test a candidate’s skills in typing.
- Maintaining official records
- Upgradation and creation of documents
- Fetching information from the data pool and library of information
3. SSC Multi Tasking Staff (MTS)
Multi-Tasking Staff, one of the entrance exams conducted by the Staff Selection Commission, is conducted to recruit candidates as support staff at various ministries and government departments.
Job profile basically includes:
- Physical Maintenance of records of the Section
- Assisting in routine office work like a diary, dispatch, etc., including on computer.
- Delivering of Courier(outside the building).
- Work-related to ITI qualifications, if it exists.
4. SSC Stenographer (Grade C and Grade D)
The stenographer examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit aspirants for Grade C and Grade D positions. The educational qualification for this exam is a high school graduate certificate. The stenography skills certificate is also required to take the exam.
- Option 1 – SSC Stenographer Grade C
- Option 2 – SSC Stenographer Grade D
A common recruitment exam SSC Stenographer Exam is conducted for these posts.
Exam Overview: The eligibility criteria are:
- The applicant must have passed class XII or equivalent from a recognized state or central recognized institute.
- The candidate must be 18-27 years.
5. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
There are many vacancies in the Indian Railways for candidates who have passed class 12. Some of the vacancies in the Indian Railways are assistant loco pilot, office assistants, station master, and ticket collector. The basic qualification required to apply for these posts is a high school graduate certificate. Depending on the requirement, the board has the authority to change the prerequisites. Let’s check out about each of them in detail:
- Assistant Loco Pilot: Assistant Loco Pilot is a person who assists the Loco Pilot (Train Driver) in Driving or piloting the train. This job requires continuous attention and a high degree of responsiveness.
- Railway Clerks: Job of Train Clerk include checking the number of wagons and coaches in Railway yard, preparing train documents like Vehicle Guidance (VG), feeding this information in railway network terminals, giving and receiving information from control regarding train working, maintenance of registers related with working of trains, etc. The job can be in either in Stations or Control offices in Divisional/Zonal headquarters.
- Railway Constables: Railways constables are responsible to maintain the law and order on the railway premises. They are required to do regular patrolling during any journey to check notorious activities.
- Station Master: The station master is the whole and sole in charge of the entire railway station and other establishments from one outer signal to another. He is responsible for the proper functioning of ticket collectors, booking office, retiring rooms, water facilities, and many many more exigencies.
- Ticket Collector: The ticket collector is on the front end Indian Railway employee, whose responsibility is to find out whether all travelers are traveling with the ticket. It is also the ticket collector’s job to recover the fine from the passengers who are traveling without a ticket.
Check out this article to find top 10 Govt. jobs in Kerala
6. Jobs In State Government
There are many jobs available at respective state governments for the candidates who have passed class 12. Some of the positions one can apply for with a 10+2 pass certificate are those of mechanics, technicians, drivers, assistants, telephone operators, and others.
7. Indian Army
For the posts such as technical entry scheme (TES) and soldiers (only male), Mahila constables (general duty), junior commissioned officers (catering), the educational qualification is a high school graduate certificate.
- Technical Entry Scheme (TES) and Soldiers- Male candidates – TES is one of the entry schemes to join the Indian Army. Technical Entry Scheme is for unmarried male students who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of cut off % applied as decided by the Recruiting Directorate Selection Centre allotment and Services Selection Board (SSB) interview. Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit are eligible to join this scheme.
- Junior Commissioned Officers (Catering): Candidates should be 10+2, Diploma/Certificate Course of a duration of one year or more in Cookery/ Hotel Management and Catering Tech. recognized by AICTE to be eligible for the JCO (Catering) post in the Indian Army. Candidates must also pass a written Common Entrance Examination (CEE) conducted on the last Sunday of every month.
8. Indian Navy
- Sailor – Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR): Candidates qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects – Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India are eligible for Indian Navy Sailors SSR Post. The selection of Indian Navy Sailor SSR post is based on d Examination (CBT), subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Exams
- 10+2 B.Tech Cadet Entry Scheme: This scheme is for unmarried male candidates to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a 4-year degree course. Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on the basis of JEE (Main)All India Rank. SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception test, and Group Discussion. candidates those who qualify stage I will go for Stage II. Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing, and Interview. Candidates are also required to clear the medical Test to be qualified for this scheme.
9. Indian Coast Guard
One can also take up positions at the Indian Coast Guard after graduating high school. One can apply for the posts of naviks (sailors) and yantriks (technicians), assistant commandants, and airmen in IAF.
10. Security Forces
Apart from the defense, there are various opening in the security forces for candidates who have passed class 12. With a 10+2 graduate certificate, a candidate can apply for a few positions in the Border Security Force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
11. Bank Exam
RBI’s Office Attendant exam: RBI (Reserve Bank of India) holds the RBI Office Attendant Exam to recruit ‘Attendants’ in its various offices across India.
Entri app provides online coaching for all the Government/Bank Exams. We have a lot of mock tests and practice question papers for exams in all diverse fields. Taking tests and remaining in touch with the questions is the best way to assess where you stand. Remain updated with the latest news about Govt. jobs with the Entri app.
Discussion about this post