Table of Contents
The Bihar PSC Assistant Engineer, Class II Group B gazetted post notification was out recently and there were vacancies around 255 posts. The BPSC has also released a notification regarding the postponement of the exams which were earlier decided to conduct from 13th-14th July and 16th-17th July 2020. In this article, candidates check the BPSC Assistant Engineer job profile 2020.
The selection process for the BPSC Assistant Engineer is based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the written tests. The Written Test will be having two parts:
- Part-I (Compulsory) and Part-II (Optional that is either Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical).
- Part-I will consist of four sections like General Hindi, General English, General Studies, and General Engineering Science. General Hindi and General English will be of qualifying in nature.
- Part-II will consist of two sections that will have the subject related questions such as on Civil Engineering /Mechanical Engineering /Electrical Engineering.
BPSC Assistant Engineer
- Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)- A Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering from any UGC recognized University or Institute, (A.I.C.T.E. approved).
- For the Assistant Engineer (Civil)- A Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering from any UGC recognized University or Institute, (A.I.C.T.E. approved).
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical)- A Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineering from any UGC recognized University or Institute, (A.I.C.T.E. approved).
|Amount (in Rupees)
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)
|Rs. 1860/- – Rs. 1395/-
|Other Organizational Allowances
|Deductions for PF and Pension
|Approximate In-hand Salary
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- Candidates should attain minimum qualifying marks, 30 marks, to get their optional papers valued.
- The exam will be objective multiple choice.
|Mode of Exam
|General Engineering Science
|Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering – 1
|Civil Engineering/Mechanical/Electrical – 2
BPSC Assistant Engineer Job Profile
The job profile of BPSC Assistant Engineer is as follows:
- To maintain the control charts in the respective department
- Analytical tests are conducted regularly to check for any issues.
- To determine the root causes of issues if any.
- Determines engineering requirements(department or branch-wise) by conducting regular inspections whenever needed.
- Preparing proposal specifications.
The career growth will be as follows in terms of post:
- From Assistant Engineer to Executive Engineer.
- Then Executive Engineer to Superintending Engineer.
- Superintending Engineer to Chief Engineer.
- From Chief Engineer to Engineer in Chief.
The promotion to the next level will be based on factors like- Seniority in service, Service record of the candidate, vacancies reported.
So, this is the BPSC Assistant Engineer job profile and other details regarding the AE post. Candidates follow the Entri page for updating the BPSC Assistant Engineer exam dates and results.
Practice with Entri
Download the Entri App for free from the Google play store and avail the contents like- Daily Current Affairs notes, subject-wise notes, online previous year question papers, and full-length tests of various examinations conducted by the Bihar PSC. Also, practice more mock tests and previous question papers to ensure your rank in the upcoming BPSC examinations.
Moreover, Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties. Free online tutorials for important topics are available. Candidates can refer the videos for preparation thereby improve the speed and accuracy and get to the merit list.