Table of Contents
BPSC Lecturer 2020 notification is out. Bihar PSC has notified 119 vacant posts in Government Polytechnic Colleges across the state for the Lecturers in Electrical Engineering stream. Electrical engineering graduates above 21 years are eligible for these posts. The Application window is open till August 28, 2020. Through this recruitment, Bihar PSC is aiming to fill 119 vacant posts across the state-run polytechnic institutions. Out of which, 51 vacancies are for General category, 21 for EBC, 18 for SC, 14 for BC, 12 for EWS, and 3 for BC (Female). Candidates selection would be based on both their academic as well as their professional credentials. Selected candidates can have a salary in the Bihar State Pay Level-09 in which they can have around Rs. 56,100 as their starting wage.
BPSC Lecturer Recruitment 2020
Let’s have a quick look at the important facts and figures of the latest edition of the Lecturer in Electrical Engineering recruitment cycle of Bihar PSC.
Important Dates: Bihar PSC Electrical Engineering Lecturer
|BPSC Registration Start Date||August 07, 2020|
|BPSC Lecturer Registration End Date||August 25, 2020|
|Last Date for Application Submission||September 04, 2020|
|Last Date To Pay Fee Online||August 28, 2020|
|Last Date to receive the
Hardcopy via speed post
|September 11, 2020,
up to 5 pm
BPSC Lecturer Vacancy 2020
Detailed Vacancy breakup for the Bihar PSC Lecturer in Electrical Engineering for the Government Polytechnic Colleges in Bihar is as follows:
|SL No||Category||Vacancy||35% of the Posts from all Categories are reserved for Women Candidates|
|2||Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||12||04|
|5||Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||21||09|
|6||Backward Class (BC)||14||04|
|7||Backward Class Female||3||N/ A|
- Posts reserved for the grandchildren of Indian Freedom Fighters (2% of total posts): 02
- As per the Bihar State Services rules (13062, 12/10/2017), Specially ABled Candidates are also eligible for reservation. The reservation for the Specially Abled candidates are as follows:
- Visually Impaired (VI): 01
- Development Disability (DD): 01
- Orthopaedically Handicapped (OD): 01
- Multiple Disability: 01
Eligibility Criteria for BPSC Lecturer Post
- Educational Qualification and Experience
BE/ B.Tech/ B.S/ B.Sc (Engg.) in Electrical Engineering with first class or Equivalent in any one of the degrees from any UGC recognized institute.
Qualifications acquired through online mode and distance mode/ Open University is unacceptable for this post.
- Age Limit
Candidates age shall be between 21 years and above as on August 01, 2020. There are no upper age criteria.
How to Apply for BPSC Lecturer Posts 2020
Interested candidates can now apply towards the Bihar PSC Lecturer in Electrical Engineering through the Bihar Public Service Commission official website. Let’s have a look at the steps to complete your application.
- Visit the BPSC Official Website, Click Here.
- On the home page, click on ” Important Notice and Advertisement for the post of Lecturer, Electrical Engineering in Govt. Polytechnic/ Govt. Women Polytechnic Institutes under Science and Technology Dept., Govt. of Bihar. (Advt. No. 14/2020)”.
- Download the official pdf to know more about the recruitment process.
- To start your application, visit the online application Portal, Click Here.
- Candidates have to register themselves with the Bihar PSC to start their application. Click on the “Lecturer, Electrical Engineering”, under the List of Advertisement and Post.
- On the newly opened tab, fill up your personal details, and click on the Submit Registration Form.
- Before submitting the application form, you will get both email code and mobile code and verify these details.
- Login to your profile using the given username and password, and complete the remaining details, and pay the required fees to complete the recruitment application.
- Bihar PSC will not accept your application until you complete the process by paying the required application fees.
- After completing the application form take a print out and send the applications towards the below-given address.
” Joint secretary cum exam controller Bihar Public Service Commission 15,
Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Bailey Rd, Patna, Bihar 800001″
- Make sure to sign on the hard copy of the online form with a blue ball pen in English and Hindi at the given space. The Hard Copy of the Online application form should reach the BPSC office on or before the 11th of September 2020, 05:00 PM.
Along with your application form send the copies of the following documents too:
- Application Form
- SSLC/ Matriculation Certificate (For Age Verification)
- Degree Certificate
- Degree Marksheet
- Course Completion Certificate (in case you are yet to receive the degree certificate)
- Other Documents to prove if you are seeking any sort of reservations (Age, caste, EWS, PwD, etc)
For more details please do check the below given official notification.
Application Fees for BPSC Lecturer Posts
|For General/ BC/ EWS||Rs. 750/-|
|For SC/ ST (Bihar Domicile)||Rs. 200/-|
|Female Candidates (Bihar Domicile)||Rs. 200/-|
|PwD (more than 40%)||Rs. 200/-|
Selection Procedure for BPSC Lecturer in Electrical 2020
The selection process for the Bihar PSC Lecturer in Electrical Engineering should be based on the following credentials:
- Academic Records, and Research Works
- Written Test
- Interview, and
- Weightage on Contract Basis Work Experience in State-run Institutions
The maximum scorable marks would be 100. Based on the candidate’s marks in the written examination, and interview combined with other scores BPSC will prepare the final merit list for the appointments.
- Academic Record, and Research Work (20 Marks) – Maximum 5 (5% of Percentage Marks obtained in M.Tech/ M.E/ M.S in relevant branch/ subject). Maximum 10 (10% of Percentage Marks obtained in B.Tech/ B.E / B.S/ B.Sc (Eng.). PhD – 5 Marks
- Written Exam (Objective Type – 40 Marks) – For Engineering stream -The syllabus of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) will be applicable
- Interview (15 Marks)
- Lecturers engaged in Contact Basis (25 Marks) – Weightage to candidates working on contract basis on the post of Lecturer under Department of Science and Technology and possessing minimum eligibility-criteria – 05 marks per year (Maximum 25 marks)
|Section||Subjects||Total marks||Maximum Duration|
|Objective Written Examination||Professional Aptitude: Electrical Engineering||40||120 minutes|
|Academic Record, and Research Work||–||20||–|
|Prior experience (Contact Work)||–||25||–|
Bihar PSC Lecturer 2020 Official Notification
Click here to download BPSC Lecturer in Electrical Engineering towards the Government Polytechnic institutes, free pdf notification.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.