Table of Contents
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) conducts exams for various officer level posts every year. It is one of the most prestigious examination. Domicile of Bihar has an added advantage for this exam. People seeking to work in the administrative departments appear for this exam. BPSC DSP post comes with great responsibility, added status in the society and handsome salary. The posts for BPSC DSP are released every year depending upon the vacancies released by different departments of Government of India. Those candidates who wish to crack the various BPSC exam should understand the importance of job responsibilities. Keep on reading the article to find more!
BPSC DSP: Job Profile
Here is the job profile for the BPSC DSP posts. Those candidates who wish to apply for the posts should be aware about the job opportunities and responsibilities in this field.
- A BPSC Deputy Superintendent of Police follows all the commands of the Superintendent of Police of the State and works under his supervision.
- A BPSC Deputy Superintendent looks after the discipline of his fellow mates in the police station and proper decorum is maintained in the police station.
- A BPSC Deputy Superintendent has to take crucial decisions depending upon how critical is the case, hence his call is the final call in any matter of importance.
- A DSP can be posted in rural or remote areas, depending upon which he will have to take the necessary actions and maintain law and justice in the area.
- DSP Officers are also responsible for operating preventive sections of Code of Criminal Conduct.
- In the absence of Superintendent of Police he has to take charge of any high priority case, he has to supervise his juniors and investigate crimes to prevent them from happening again and again.
- Taking a surprise roll call during the night shifts is also done by a DSP. It is done to ensure that all the Police officers are doing the duties they are assigned during their designated shifts.
- This department constitutes of Officers who are expected to be eyes and ears of Government and conduct enquiries on major cases such as major fire breakouts, riots, natural disasters etc.
BPSC DSP: Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the employees are given below for the aspirants to refer to. This can help the candidates to understand the importance of the BPSC DSP job. The candidates who are selected for the job can expect a high salary and allowances. Deputy Superintendent of Police pursues all the authorities of the Superintendent of Police of the State and operates under his leadership. They should scrutinize the retribution of his associate companions in the police station and appropriate manners are carried in the authority. They have to take critical judgments counting upon how crucial is the issue. The definitive buzz in any issue of significance is done by DSP. A DSP can be assigned in rustic or remote areas. They have to take required measures and support regulation and umpire in the area. They are responsible for operating preventive sections of the Code of Criminal Conduct. The high-priority cases should be handled in the absence of the Superintendent of Police. They have to head their juniors and examine offenses to control them.
BPSC Sub Divisional Officer : Promotions
To choose the correct exam you need to understand the level of promotions. We have given below the list of promotion a Deputy Superintendent of Police undergoes in ascending order;
- Deputy Superintendent of Police(DSP)
- Additional Superintendent of Police(ASP)
- Superintendent of Police (SP)
The promotions in Deputy Superintendent of Police happens in various stages;
- Depending upon the service to the state a newly appointed DSP is being promoted to Additional Superintendent of Police(ASP) after 7 to 8 years of service
- Once a DSP is being appointed as ASP it takes another 12 to 13 years for an Additional Superintendent of Police to get promoted to Superintendent of Police(SP).
- The State Government of India sends a list of names to the Central Government and depending upon the quality of service offered by the personnel over the years they are being considered for the position of an IPS Officer.
BPSC DSP: Salary Details
The salary scale of the BPSC DSP post is given below. Salary is the most essential aspect of this profession which attracts many of the people to choose this dream job. The salary structure is as follows.
|Pay Scale as per 6th CPC
|9,300 – 34,800
|Gross Pay Scale
|Revised Pay As Per 7th Pay CPC
A DSP has a total In-hand salary of Rs 61,742-71,968/- per month. In addition to the basic pay they also get the following perks given below.
BPSC DSP: Perks and Allowances
The perks and allownaces offered to the BPSC DSP post is given below for those candidates who are preparing to attend teh upcoming BPSC DSP exams. Along with the salary allowances, bonuses and other benefits are provided to the employees which can inturn promote career growth.
|6,372/- per month
|House Rent Allowance(HRA)
|3,186 / 4,248 / 8,496
|Travel Allowance (TA)
|1,000-3,000/- per month
Apart from DA, and HRA the other major allowances offered by the government of Bihar are the City Transport Allowance, Medical Aid, and Uniform Allowance for the police personnel in the state.
In addition to these allowances they also get many other benefits listed below;
- A person working as a Deputy Superintendent of Police gets his personal quarters or bungalow.
- A DSP also gets servants for maintaining his day to day activities such as a cook gardener etc.
- Bills such as telephone bills and electricity bills are being paid by the government for a DSP.
- A DSP spouse also gets a pension in case of death in duty case.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope your idea of joining into any of the above organization is clearer now. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves improve your success rate.
|RRB Exams Coaching
|RRB JE Online Coaching
|SSC JE Online Coaching
|SSC Online Coaching
|UPSC Online Coaching
|Bank Exam Coaching Online