Table of Contents
BPSC exam is one of the much awaited competitive exam. It is conducted by Bihar Public Service Commission. The commission was formed on November 1956. It is responsible for recruiting candidates for various government jobs in the state of Bihar. The headquarters of BPSC is located in the state capital, Patna. This year’s (2019) BPSC Prelims Exam has been conducted on October 15th across 718 centres. In this blog, we provide you a brief discussion about BPSC exam and the expected cut off for BPSC exam 2019.
BPSC Exam – Expected Cut Off (2019)
BPSC exam is conducted by Bihar Public Service Commission. 65th BPSC Exam was conducted in 15th October 2019 across 718 centres in the state. The exam was of 2 hours duration and was between 12 pm to 2 pm. There were a total of 150 questions, all of which were objective type. This year, there has been five options for each questions, which made choosing the right answer even more difficult.
Cut off marks
|Grandchildren of Freedom Fighters||83|
These are the expected cut off marks for BPSC exams this year.
Cut off depends on various factors such as :
- No. of vacancies
- Percentage of the results
- Level of the exam
- Students appeared
About 3.5 to 4 lakh students appeared for the exam.
The vacancies announced for this year is 423.
Previous Year’s Cut Off
Cut Off Marks
|Grand children of freedom fighters||82|
Individuals are recruited to various posts through either of these processess :
- Direct recruitment
Direct Recruitment : In direct recruitment process, eligible candidates appear for the exam and are selected based on these exams and interviews.
Promotion : Promotion is granted through Departmental Promotion Committee according to the rules framed by the State Government.
Male : 37 years.
Females and OBC : 40 years.
SC/ST : 42 years.
Graduate or equivalent from any recognized University or Institution.
BPSC Exam Pattern
BPSC exam is conducted as a 3-tier exam :
- Preliminary exam consists of questions from General studies, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Exam is conducted out of 150 marks.
- Duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Prelims exam is quaifying in nature.
- Candidates have to score minimum cut off marks to write the mains exam.
- This score will not be considered while preparing the final merit list.
- There will be five options for every question.
- Each question carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking.
- The questions will be available in English and Hindi.
- Candidates can appear for the main exam once they qualify prelims exam.
- This exam is subjective type.
- There will be a Paper in General Hindi which is qualifying in nature. Its score won’t be considered while preparing the final merit list.
- For Optional paper, the candidates can choose from different subjects given in the official site will filling the application form.
- Paper 1 and 2 in General Studies are available in both English and Hindi.
|General Hindi (Qualifying)||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies (Paper 1)||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies (Paper 2)||300||3 Hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 Hours|
- Candidates are called for the interview once they clear the mains exam.
- Interview is conducted in 120 marks.
- In interview, the personality and skills of the candidate is tested by the interview board.
- Lastly, merit list is prepared out of 1020 marks (900 marks of mains exam and 120 marks of interview).
BPSC Exam – Important Dates
|65th BPSC Admit Card Download Date||5th October 2019|
|BPSC 65th Exam Date 2019||15th October 2019|
|65th BPSC Notification 2019 Date||04th July 2019|
|Commencement of Online Registration||10th July 2019|
|Registration Date||29th July 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||11th August 2019|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee||09th August 2019|