Table of Contents
The Bihar Police Constable job profile consists of various roles and responsibilities. Once a candidate gets selected, he/she can get a wide range of experience while doing this job. The selection criteria consists of six stages: a preliminary written exam, mains exam, physical standard test, physical efficiency test, medical test and finally document verification. After going through all these stages one gets recruited as a Bihar Police Constable. The age criteria includes a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 23 years. The age relaxation is also applicable as per the notification.
Bihar Police Constable Recruitment 2022: Overview
Check the Bihar Police Constable recruitment 2022 Overview in the table given below:
|Exam Conducting Authority||Bihar Police Department|
|Name of Post||Constable|
|Category of Job||Government Job|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Selection Procedure||Prelims,Mains,PET, Medical Test, Interview|
BPSC police constable 2022: Job Profile
Bihar Police commission is looking for a dedicated candidates to perform a variety of law enforcement duties and maintain public safety. The police constable’s responsibilities consists of responding to calls, investigating diverse incidents, patrolling assigned areas, arresting suspects, and preparing reports of the incident.
To be successful as a police constable one should be in good physical condition to pursue suspects and must be able to remain level-headed in stressful and dangerous conditions. An outstanding police constable must be intuitive and able to exercise good judgment.
BPSC Police Constable 2022: Roles and Responsibilities
In order to be a successful police constable one must take up some roles and responsibilities. In this section we will discuss Roles, responsibilities, skills and eligibility requirements of a BPSC Police Constable.
Bihar Constables play a crucial front-line role in the prevention and detection of crime in the criminal justice system. Constables work in partnership on a daily basis with local communities, stakeholders and fellow policemen in order to promote law and order, minimise the fear of crime, provide reassurance and build confidence to improve the quality of life for the citizens.
This job carries legal powers to enable the maintenance of law and order and holds responsibility for making independent decisions in accordance with the National Decision Model and Code of Ethics, exercising professional liberty, as appropriate to the role, in line with policy guidelines and legal frameworks.
Bihar Constables are required to meet and maintain the highest professional standards required of their role, by performing all actions in a legal, balanced, proportionate and justifiable manner to uphold the law and achieve the top-grade outcomes in a wide range of situations or incidents.
- Provide suitable initial and ongoing front line response to a wide range of incidents that may consist of difficult and confrontational situations, assessing immediate risk, threat and harm to find a proportionate response in line with the law, policy and guidance.
- Take a main role in developing effective localised partnerships to solve problems, engage with, reassure and support organisations, groups and individuals across communities in line with the Force’s planned move.
- Effectively involve with victims, witnesses, suspects and the vulnerable, in agreement with equality, diversity and human rights considerations, to render initial support, direct towards relevant services, establish relationships and collect information that prevents and minimises.
- Maintain awareness of expected and actual risks to individuals, taking suitable action to protect and support those in need of public protection to pre-empt or effectively deliver safety or vulnerability issues.
- Hold effective and efficient priority and high-volume research as requested in line with standards of investigation to inform the evolution of high quality case files and initiation of criminal justice proceedings.
- Collect and manage information, intelligence, and evidence, from a various sources, in line with legislation, policies and guidance, taking the right action to support investigations, law social control and criminal justice proceedings.
- Take Interview of victims, suspects and witnesses in relation to appropriate crimes and investigations, to collect information that has the potential to aid law enforcement objectives.
- Perform first line analysis of information, intelligence and evidence to find significance, generate lines of inquiry, inform decision making and support policing based on evidence.
- Confirm and professionally report for actions to ensure adherence to legal frameworks and main working principles, policies and guidance.
- Determine opportunities for and assist the exploration of new ways of working and innovation in policing, applying critical thinking and problem solving methods to determine solutions to problems in line with evidence based practice within area of work.
- Support the execution of problem solving and evidence based policing initiatives by championing and applying appropriate methodologies and approaches to area of work.
- Able to acquire a profound knowledge and understanding of a local community along with society composition, the needs of the weak and local safety issues.
- Strong communication skills with the power to set out logical arguments clearly and adapt language, form and message to meet the needs of a variety of people or
- Excellent team working skills showing awareness of individual differences and rendering support as required.
- Able to actively form effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and other stakeholders, understanding their requirements and concerns.
- Able to recognize the drivers of behaviour, acting with judgment and emotional intelligence to manage conflict and defuse complex
- Problem solving skills with the knowledge to identify cause and effect and develop a course of action fashioned to target root causes as well as manage
- Able to analyse and apply guidance to a specific activity.
- Able to critically question and recognise potential opportunities to enhance efficiency and/or potency within own area of work.
- Able to determine, analyse and negotiate risk to inform balanced, proportionate, evidence based decisions.
- Able to review and reflect on own execution objectively and to take steps to keep and enhance competence and professional standards appropriate to the role.
- Good time management skills with the ability to suitably prioritise and plan own work.
- Skilled in the usage of regular IT packages, systems and/or databases to fulfil role requirements.
- Skilled in application of personal safety tactics, including the use of equipment and control.
The aspirants applying for the Bihar Police Constable Recruitment 2022 should be between 18 – 25 years. The age relaxation will be given to the aspirants according to the government norms.
- SC and ST: 30 Years (upper age limit)
- Male Candidates: 18 to 23 Years
- OBC and EBC (Male): 27 Years (upper age limit)
- Female Candidates: 18 to 28 Years
- OBC and EBC (Females): 28 Years (upper age limit)
The minimum educational qualification required by the individual to apply for the recruitment is that he or she must have completed the 12th exam. Also, those who completed the 12th from Bihar State Madrasa Education Board or Bihar State Sanskrit Shiksha Board or other equivalents recognized by the State Government will also be considered.
Given below is the table which gives an overview of the minimum physical requirements required to apply for the post of Bihar Police Constable 2022. You will have to meet the physical standards set by Bihar Police to get selected for the post of Police Constable.
|Bihar Police Constable Physical Requirements|
|Category||Height||Chest Unexpanded||Chest Expanded|
|General and OBC||165 Cms||81 Cms||86 Cms|
|SC/ST||160 Cms||84 Cms||79 Cms|
According to the notification, aspirants applying for the post of constables, do not need to have any experience.
Number of Attempts
Nothing has been mentioned about the minimum number of attempts in the official notification of Bihar Police. You can apply for this recruitment as long as you meet the entire eligibility including age and educational qualifications as stated in the recruitment.
Bihar Police Constable 2022: Career Growth and Promotion
The promotion of constables in Bihar Police is mainly dependent on an aspirant’s service period and experience. The Bihar Police Constables are usually promoted after 10 to 12 years of experience in the job field. The aspirants can also appear for departmental examinations for acquiring promotions earlier than scheduled. The Bihar Police Constable can be promoted to the posts mentioned below:
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI)
- Sub-Inspector (SI)
The Bihar Police Constable job profile is a great opportunity for the aspirants and comes with great benefits. Therefore, they must prepare for it with seriousness. The aspirants before applying are informed to go through the official notification carefully.
Bihar Police Constable Job Profile 2022: Salary
The Bihar Police Constable is bestowed a good salary package along with a large number of perks and benefits during and after their service period. The recruited individuals are subjected to probation of three years during which they are provided with a fixed monthly stipend. Once the training period is completed, the individual is given a monthly salary of around thirty thousand to forty thousand which is inclusive of the allowances. Along with the specified salary, the Bihar Police Constable salary structure consists of allowances like; Travel Allowances (TA), Dearness Allowance (DA) and House Rent Allowance (HRA). The Bihar Police Constable are given allowances and benefits according to the rule of the Bihar State Government. The Bihar Police Constable job profile also provides a lot of career growth opportunities to the service providers about which details were discussed above.
The Bihar Police Constable salary structure is as per the 7th Pay Commission. Recruited Bihar Police Constable salary is obtained from Pay Scale 3. Aspirants can check the detailed Bihar Police Constable salary structure from the table given below and motivate themselves for the upcoming Bihar Police Constable 2022 Recruitment Exam.
|Bihar Police Constable Salary Structure|
|Pay Level||Pay Level 3 (Rs. 21,700 – 69,100)|
|Basic pay||Rs. 21,700|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 2,000|
|Bihar Police Constable Gross Salary (per month )||Rs. 30,000 – 40,000|
Bihar Police Constable Salary: Perks and Additional Benefits
The Bihar Police Constable’s perks and allowances are organized as per the norms of the Bihar State Government. The Bihar Police Constable job profile does not only provide candidate pride and job satisfaction but also provides various additional benefits that are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance:The dearness allowance is a percentage of an employee’s basic salary to minimise the impact of rising prices on the employees. The amount of DA is based on the employee’s attached basic pay.
- Medical Aid:The Bihar Police Constables are offered medical aid and the expense of their medical bills. Employees, in order to claim medical benefits, are needed to submit hospital bills and receipts.
- Uniform Allowance:The uniform allowance is provided against the expenses made by the employee in regards to the maintenance of the uniform prescribed according to their post and job profile.
- Vehicle Allowance:The Bihar Police Constable vehicle allowance is the amount that is given to the employee who needs to use his or her own vehicle as part of the job.
- Ration Money:The Bihar Police Constable are also offered ration money allowance (RMA) for the grocery and food bills and other similar.
Bihar Police Constable 2022: In Hand Salary
The in-hand salary refers to the salary that is credited into the employee’s bank account after deductions and adding up the allowances. The Bihar Police Constable in hand salary consists of the basic pay along with the dearness and other valid allowances. The Bihar Police constable in hand salary is around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month.
Bihar Police Constable 2022: Salary Slip
The salary slip of an employee consists of information about his or her monthly deductions and allowances. The Bihar Police Constable salary slip is an important record as it can be used for the application of loans and availing financial assistance. The salary slip can also be use of while submitting the income tax form. A recruited individual must check all the details published in his or her salary slip to get the required information regarding their payments.
Bihar Police Constable Probation Period
The probation period is also Known as the training period. The aspirants who are found eligible for recruitment are selected for a probation period where they are provided training as per the Bihar Police Constable job profile. The probation period is an introductory period for aspirants to understand the seriousness of the job and what all skills they would need for the job. The Bihar Police Constable probation period is of 3 years and selected individuals are given a monthly stipend for the same. The probation period can be extended to one more year if the performance of an individual was not satisfactory.
Hope that this article was helpful for you. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enroll yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck.