Table of Contents
CMAT 2024: CMAT is an entrance exam conducted at the national level for admission to management courses in esteemed higher education institutions and universities all over India. This exam helps the AICTE-affiliated institutions and other participating institutions to select candidates (who have already completed graduation) for their management programmes. The test was organised by AICTE in 2018. 2019 onwards the test is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE – AICTE-approved institutions, University Departments, Constituent Colleges and Affiliated Colleges. Let us learn more about CMAT 2024 exam!
CMAT 2024 – Highlights
|Name of the exam||Common Management
Admission Test (CMAT 2024)
|Exam organising Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Application||Online mode|
|Frequency of exam||Annual|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Courses offered by participating institutions||PG Management Courses|
CMAT 2024 Dates
CMAT 2024 Notification is Expected to be released on the first or second week of February 2024 and the exam is expected to be conducted in April 2024 if the trend of previous years is to be trusted. Tentative dates for this exam according to popular internet sources are given below.
|Application window opening||2nd week of February 2024|
|Closing of the online application window||3rd week of March 2024|
|Application correction window opening||4th week of March 2024|
|Admit Card release||April 2024|
|CMAT 2024 Exam||2nd week of April 2024|
|Answer key publication||3rd week of April 2024|
|Declaration of Result||May 2024|
How to Apply for CMAT 2024?
Please follow the instructions given below to submit your CMAT 2024 application.
- Download the Information Bulletin available on the NTA Website and carefully read all the given instructions including how to fill out the application form. Go through the Replica of Application Form provided along with this.
- The application should be submitted in online format only.
- Only one application must be submitted by a candidate. Multiple applications submitted by a single applicant will be seen rejected.
- Use your own email ID and phone number in the application.
- Fill out the application form.
- Note down the application number generated by the system.
- Upload scanned images of the photograph, signature (and PWD certificate if applicable to the candidate). Make sure that all of these are per specific instructions provided in the guidelines.
- Pay the fee through SBI/HDFC Bank Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI and save the proof of payment.
- Download, save, and print a copy of the Application Form’s Confirmation Page (which will be available only after complete fee remittance) for future use.
- Only after the Candidate completes payment via the online Application Form will the Confirmation Page be ready.
- Candidates are additionally advised to download and install the SANDES app as a backup channel for receiving NTA messages.
CMAT 2024 Exam Pattern
The marking scheme of CMAT is quite simple. Each question carries four marks. If the question is answered correctly then the candidate will be awarded 4 marks. Every wrong response will result in 1 mark being deducted from the total. A skipped question does not get negative marks. The exam duration is 3 hours for a total of 100 questions. The CMAT exam pattern for the year 2024 is given below.
|No.||Part||No of questions||Marks|
|2||Innovation & Entrepreneurship||20||80|
|3||Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||20||80|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria
All entrance exams demand certain eligibility for the people attempting them. CMAT is also the same. The eligibility criteria for CMAT are given below.
- The applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree in any field. Candidates can also apply for the CMAT-2024 who are in their last year of undergraduate study and whose results will be released before the start of admission for the academic year 2024–2025.
- The potential candidate must be an Indian national.
- There is no maximum age to take the CMAT in 2024.
It should also be noted that the NTA does not check these credentials during the exam period. So just because you pass the CMAT you will not be eligible to join a management PG course.
CMAT 2024 Syllabus
It is important to understand the syllabus of an exam before buying study material and starting your preparation. Take a look at the table given below to understand more about the syllabus of CMAT.
|1||Logical Reasoning||1. Inferences
3. Non-Verbal Reasoning
4. Ranking Tests
5. Matrix Arrangements
6. Linear Arrangements
7. Statements and Conclusion
8. Direction and Distance Test
9. Cause and Effects
10. Symbol-Based Problems
11. Blood Relationship Tests
12. Number Series
13. Analogy Test
14. Analytical Reasoning
15. Statements Assumptions
16. Statements Arguments
17. Coding and Decoding
|2||Innovation & Entrepreneurship||1. Women Entrepreneurship
2. Overview of Entrepreneurship
3. Evolution of Entrepreneurship in India
4. Rural Entrepreneurship
5. Concepts of Entrepreneurship
6. Entrepreneurial Culture
7. Theories and Models of Entrepreneurship
8. Emerging Models of Corporate Entrepreneurship
9. Principles of Business Organisation
10. Role of Entrepreneurship in Economic Development
11. Emerging Trends in Social Entrepreneurship
12. Dimensions of Entrepreneurship
13. Framework of Entrepreneurship Theories
14. Models of Entrepreneurship
15. Motivation, Communication and Leadership
16. Entrepreneurial Society
|3||Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||1. Percentages
2. Quadratic and linear equations
3. Permutations & Combinations
4. Ratios and Proportion
5. Profit and Loss
7. Work and Time
8. Simple Interest and Compound Interest
9. Fraction and Decimals
15. Tabulation, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Line Graph
17. Allegation & Mixtures
19. Pipes and Cisterns
20. Number Systems
|4||General Awareness||1. Politics
2. National and International Economy related Current Affairs
5. Indian Constitution
6. Personalities in News
7. Sports News
8. Trade Awareness
11. Science in everyday life
|5||Language Comprehension||1. Sentence Improvement
2. Paragraph Completion
3. One-word Substitution
4. English Usage Errors
5. Jumbled Para
6. Synonyms and Antonyms
7. Sentence Correction
8. English Grammar
9. Idioms and Phrases
10. Reading Comprehension
We can see that there is not much time gap between the notification release and the exam date. So start your preparations soon so that you can ace the exam when the time comes.
- How many times can a person appear for the CMAT?
There are no such limits in attempting CMAT.
- What exactly are Test Practice Centres (TPCs)?
The Ministry of Human Resource Development charged the NTA with establishing, setting up and creating a network of Test Practice Centres for applicants, particularly in remote and rural areas, so that they may practice and feel comfortable taking a Computer Based Test (CBT). This service is free of charge. Candidates can register online (through the NTA website), where they will be assigned a convenient TPC near their location to practice on a specific computer node. This helps and simplifies the process of taking a Computer Based Test (CBT). The primary goal of TPCs is to organize test practice for upcoming NTA tests.
- What is the medium of the exam?
The exam will be available only in English language.
- Which one is easier, CMAT or CAT?
Regarding the general complexity of the questions and the degree of competition, the CMAT is indeed simpler than the CAT. Although CAT lacks the General Awareness and Innovation and Entrepreneurship portions, the difficulty level and application of ideas of CAT questions in the other 3 areas are still greater than CMAT.
- Do IIMs accept CMAT scores?
No, none of the IIMs accept CMAT exam results. For admission to MBA programs, IIMs solely accept CAT scores. Other prestigious MBA/PGDM schools around the nation grant admission based on CMAT scores.
- Does CMAT have section section-wise cut-off?
This depends on the institution you are choosing. Some colleges do indeed have sectional cut-offs along with overall cut-offs for their management course admission.