Table of Contents
CBSE(Central Board Of Secondary Education), Delhi has conducted the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) every year. CTET Exam is conducted twice a year. A candidate can qualify CTET Exam by scoring 60 % or more marks in the written exam. Central Teacher Eligibility Test is a central level qualifying examination for students who want to adopt the teaching profession as their career. The CBSE has announced in their latest notice that the Central Teacher Eligibility Test score this year may be calculated by the normalization process.
CTET is basically a qualifying examination in nature, after qualifying it aspirants become eligible to apply for a government teaching job. Central Teacher Eligibility Test 2022 notification will be released soon on the official website. Here, Entri provides you with the facts related to the CTET validity of the certificate, eligibility for CTET and the selection process.
Note: All the aspirants who may note that qualifying for the CTET exam would not apply for any govt. recruitment exam as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for the teaching appointment process.
|Exam Name||CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|CTET Official Website||ctet.nic.in|
CTET Selection Process 2022
Some general rules to be eligible for CTET Exam are given below.
- Candidates have to qualify CTET written exam.
- To qualify for the written exam, candidates should score a minimum of 60% or above.
- Applicants must also meet the minimum eligibility criteria on the basis of qualifying the CTET paper.
- Persons belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently-abled persons, etc. may get concessions from some schools as per their reservation criteria.
- Applicants have to go through the complete selection procedure of the govt authority which conducts the written examination for the respective teaching posts
- Applicants who do not qualify for the CTET exam can appear for it again as many times as they want
Check CTET Score Card 2022 here
CTET Certificate Validity 2022
- The validity of the CTET qualifying certificate has been extended from seven years to life for all categories.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a Central Teacher Eligibility Test certificate.
- The already qualified aspirants may appear again for improving their scores.
CTET CUT OFF Marks 2022
For the General category, aspirants who score 60% marks in the examination will be considered qualified. Here we are listed the category wise CTET Cut Off marks:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage||Passing Marks|
|General||60%||90 Out Of 150|
|OBC/SC/ST||55%||82 Out Of 150|
CTET Exam Pattern 2022
In CTET exam pattern there are two papers i.e Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is meant to recruit the teachers for classes from 1st to 5th.
- Paper 2 is meant to recruit the teachers for classes 6th to 8th.
- All questions asked in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test exam are Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) with four alternatives out of which one answer is most appropriate.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking in Central Teacher Eligibility Test Exam.
- There is a total of 150 questions.
- These 150 questions are divided into 5 sections. ( Language 1, Language 2, Child pedagogy, Pedagogy 1, Pedagogy 2)
- Each section consists of 30 questions.
- All the sections are mandatory.
- The time given to attempt 150 questions is 2hr 30 minutes.
Note: A candidate who intends to be a teacher for both the levels (classes 1st to 5th and classes 6th to 8th) will have to appear for both papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2).
CTET 2022 Exam Pattern For Paper 1
Paper 1 (Classes 1st to 5th)
Questions will be based on the topics prescribed in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test syllabus i.e NCERT Class 1st to 5th but the difficulty standard could be up to the secondary stage.
|Sr. No.||Subject||Number of questions||Marks||Focus||Time Duration|
|1||Child development and pedagogy||30||30||Understanding characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners, qualities of a good facilitator, Child psychology and their pedagogy||150 minutes|
|2||Language 1(compulsory)||30||30||Proficiencies related to the medium of instruction. Language understanding and Pedagogy|
|3||Language 2(compulsory)||30||30||Elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities, Language understanding and Pedagogy|
|4||Mathematics||30||30||Problem-solving abilities, understanding the concepts, Subject Pedagogy|
|5||Environmental Studies||30||30||Interaction between humans and environment, real-world problems, Subject Pedagogy|
CTET 2022 Exam Pattern for Paper 2
Paper 2 (Classes 6th to 8th)
Questions will be based on the topics prescribed in the CTET syllabus i.e NCERT Class 6th to 8th but the difficulty standard could be up to the senior secondary stage.
|Sr. No.||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Focus||Time Duration|
|1||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||Understanding characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners, qualities of a good facilitator, Child psychology and their pedagogy||150 minutes|
|2||Language 1(compulsory)||30||30||Proficiencies related to the medium of instructions, Subject Pedagogy|
|3||Language 2(compulsory)||30||30||Elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities, Subject Pedagogy|
|4||Mathematics and Science OR Social Studies and Social Science||60||60||Problem-solving abilities, understanding the concepts, Subject Pedagogy|
(A candidate may choose any one language as Language 1 and another as Language 2 from the available language options and will be required to specify the same on the Confirmation Page. Language 2 will be a language other than Language 1)
For Best Preparation, refer to CTET Study Plan 2022 here!
Nature & Standard of CTET Questions
1. The test items on Pedagogy and Child Development will focus on the educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11 years. They will focus on understanding the interaction with learners, the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning.
2. The Test items in Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction.
3. The Test items in Language II will focus on the elements of language, communication, and comprehension abilities.
4. Language II will be a language other than Language I. An aspirant may choose any one language as Language I and another as Language II from the available language options and will be required to specify the same.
Language of the CTET Question Paper 2022
The language for the question paper for the CTET Exam is bilingual (two languages). Each question is given in two languages. CTET Exam. The Central Teacher Eligibility Test Exam has held in the following Languages: So, we providing other languages CTET Previous Year Question Papers:
CTET Detailed Selection Process 2022
Aspirants are qualified for the CTET exam based on their written exam results. The Central Teacher Eligibility Test exam requires a minimum qualifying score of 60% to be selected. Aspirants must meet all of the eligibility criteria for qualifying for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test paper before applying for the test.
- According to the government’s reservation policy, some schools provide accommodations for aspirants who are SC/ST, OBC, differently-abled, and so on.
- After passing the CTET exam, aspirants can apply for teaching positions in their preferred schools. After passing the Central Teacher Eligibility Test, they must go through the selection process.
- After passing the Central Teacher Eligibility Test Exam 2022-2023, successful students will receive certificates. These certificates are lifetime valid.
- Once the credentials are given, aspirants can apply for positions in both private and public schools anytime a vacancy arises.
- Aspirants must keep in mind, however, that the Central Teacher Eligibility Test is merely a qualifying condition and does not guarantee recruitment or employment for the position.
- Aspirants who have qualified for the exam but are unhappy with their results can retake the exam to improve their results.
Central Board Of Secondary Education comes out with a lot of different recruitment opportunities each and every year in order to help the candidates get prestigious Government jobs. You can check out the detailed exam pattern to be followed by the authorities in order to conduct the main examination for this vacancy. Ensure that you are preparing for the examination as per the detailed syllabus. Entri is a learning platform that provides a bunch of benefits for the people planning to crack any type of Government competitive examination. Enroll now to study with well-known experts in the industry through video lessons and mock tests.