Table of Contents
UGC NET 2022 Exam is executed twice a year by NTA. There are ten units in Paper-1 and each unit has equivalent weightage in the examination. The most Vital Topics in UGC NET are Environment, Logical Reasoning, Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Communication, ICT, Higher Education.
Data Interpretation for UGC NET is an integral part of the UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2020-21. It is essential to know well about the exam syllabus for preparing and attending the UGC NET Exam Paper 1 Data Interpretation.
Data Interpretation Syllabus UGC NET
- Sources, Acquisition, and Interpretation of Data
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical Representation and Mapping of Data.
Other Important Sections contained in the syllabus are
Percentage and Ratio applications: These two branches from Quantitative Aptitude have a specific role to be played in Data Interpretation calculation.
Data Interpretation Notes UGC NET
Data Sources & acquisition Data can be represented as the quantitative or qualitative values of a variable. Data is plural of the word datum which indicates to give or something gave.
Data is thought to be the lowest unit of knowledge from which other measurements and analyses can be done. Data can be any of the mentioned like numbers, images, words, figures, facts, or ideas.
Data in itself cannot be comprehended and to get information from the data one must decode it into meaningful information. There are many distinct forms of interpreting data.
Data sources are extensively classified into primary and secondary data. Data collection plays a very essential role in statistical analysis. In research, there are various techniques used to gather information, all of which fall into two categories, i.e., primary and secondary data. As the name suggests, primary data is compiled for the first time by the researcher while secondary data is the data already compiled or created by others.
The candidates should know that the Data can be noted or represented in 4 Forms. These are,
- Numerical: – Data in the numerical form
- Table form: – Data in Tabular Form
- Mixed form: – Data in Mix Form
- Graphical form Like Line, Bar graph, PI Chart, etc.
Percentage and Ratio Applications:
These two branches from Quantitative Aptitude have a certain role to be played in Data Interpretation calculation. This has been noticed that most of the questions in the UGC NET exam are based on Percentage and Average Calculation. A ratio is another vital topic to care about.
- Grasp your Percentage, Ratio, Profit and Loss, Average, Interest Calculations.
- You Should Grasp your two-digit addition which will improve your calculation speed.
- Some other crucial things are learned multiplication tricks for three/four digits, Square, Cube.
- Avoid Unnecessary Calculations for any questions.
Approximation techniques: A very large number of these questions examine your ability to compare or calculate fractions and percentages. If you sit down to calculate the answer, you would end up expending more time than needed. Here are a few visions that you can operate for approximation.
- Understand the concept of Approximations and Estimations. These are very essential to solve Data Interpretation questions very fast.
- When attempting to calculate (approximate) a fraction, add a value to the denominator and connected the value to the numerator before calculating (approximating).
- If the percentage increase rate is r for a period of t years, the overall increase rate is approximate: rt + t * (t-1) * r2 / 2. There are calculation methods particularly in the case of Pie charts, Line Chart and Bar charts that one should know to ease the calculation time. Pie Chart is a circular form of Data presentation. In this, the circle is split into sectors either percentwise or degree-wise.
Data and Governance
Much of that unique information will consist of personal details relating to individuals, including information linking to the products they have purchased, the places they have traveled to, and data which is created from ‘smart devices’ connected to the Internet.
The usage of social media networks such as Facebook & WhatsApp has a large amount of data every day some of which includes personal information.
- Data governance is primarily operated to guide the process of managing and controlling data.
- Data governance is the overall administration of data availability, relevancy, usability, integrity, and security
- The motorists of data governance are usually regulatory and legal conditions; regardless, a governance rule can be any method to which the organization expects to adhere.
- Governance often indicates where certain kinds of data may be kept and codifies data protection methods, such as encryption or password strength.
- Governance can indicate how to back up data, who has access to data, and when archived data should be destroyed.
Tips to Remember While Attending Data Interpretation Questions
- The questions will not only arrive from quantitative skills but also relative, comparative and analytical ability.
- Mostly the candidate has to discover a relationship between the two tables or graphs before trying the questions.
- The candidate will find the Data Interpretation questions are based on the information provided in tables and graphs. These questions examine the ability of the candidate to interpret the information given and to select the proper data for answering a question.
- Obtain a general view of the information before reading the question.
- Avoid lengthy calculations naturally, data interpretation questions do not need to do extensive calculations and computations. Most questions merely need reading the data correctly and carefully.
- Break down lengthy questions into smaller pieces and eliminate unattainable choices.
- Answer the questions only after analyzing them well.
This article has covered the precise guide on UGC NET Data Interpretation Notes 2022. You can grab more pieces of notes, study materials, mock tests, and all from Entri Learning App. It will help you to prepare for the UGC NET Exam and assist you to achieve your goals.