Today’s world is heavily reliant upon technology. There is a lot of technological advancements that happened over the years. These advancements have been used by companies for their innovations and the smooth running of the business. In today’s world, businesses cannot survive without technology. The introduction of coding was a revolution in technology. The programming languages were introduced and they have been updated according to the needs. New version released, new features added. Now it has been a common day-to-day affair. The introduction of Artificial Intelligence was another revolutionary change. It is now used in most businesses. ATMs, self-driving cars, robots everything is running with the help of artificial intelligence.
What is Artificial Intelligence
Commonly referred to as AI, is now a key factor in technology. AI refers to the processing of data, information, and human intelligence to machines. This helps to develop machines. They can become self-reliant. These machines can think like humans and act like humans. They learn to solve problems like humans. Complex problems are also solved by machines with the help of AI. Virtual assistants like Alexa are using Artificial Intelligence to work. The applications of Artificial Intelligence include:
- Machine Translation
- Self Driving vehicles
- Artificial Intelligence robots
- Speech recognition applications
There are four types of Artificial Intelligence. They are:
- Reactive Machines
- Limited Memory
- Theory of Mind
Systems that only react are called reactive machines. They didn’t use memories for the decision-making process. There is no memory. But with limited memory, they make past references. But these references are short-lived. The theory of mind understands human emotions. These emotions are used for decision-making purposes. Self-awareness machines are aware of themselves. They understand feelings and act accordingly.
What is Machine Learning
Most people think that Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are the same. But they have differences. Machine Learning is considered as the subset of Artificial Intelligence. Machine Learning is a disciple of computer science. It uses computer algorithms and analytics to build models. These models help in solving the problems. Machine Learning deals with huge data and learns from it. This analysis predicts the future. Multiple techniques and algorithms are used by machine learning to learn. There are three main types of Machine Learning algorithms:
- Supervised learning
- Unsupervised learning
- Reinforcement learning
In supervised learning, the data is already labeled. In this algorithm, the target variable is known. But in unsupervised learning the data is unlabeled. If an agent is trained to complete a task, it is reinforcement learning. The applications of machine learning include:
- Sales forecasting
- Fraud analysis
- Product recommendation
- Stock market
Difference between Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
AI and Machine learning are different aspects. The fact is that Machine learning is a subset of Artificial Intelligence. Let us look at the points where Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning have differences.
- In artificial intelligence, knowledge is acquired and the ability to acquire and apply knowledge is termed intelligence here. In the case of Machine Learning, it is the acquisition of knowledge or skill.
- Artificial Intelligence aims at the chance of success. It does not deal with accuracy. Machine learning aims at increasing accuracy and doesn’t care about success.
- AI deals with smart work. It is a computer program. Machine learning acquires data and learns from it.
- The main goal of AI is to solve complex problems. In the case of Machine learning, it gives prediction models for forecasting.
- AI finds out optimal solutions and Machine learning finds solutions that may or may not be optimal.
- Artificial Intelligence is a broader concept. It includes Machine learning and Deep learning. Machine learning is a subset of Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning work entirely differently. Artificial intelligence aims at solving problems and Machine learning gives predictive models to make a forecast. There are a lot of elements that are different in both of these concepts.