Table of Contents
The United Kingdom provides a range of visa options for individuals planning to work or settle in the country. Among them is the Senior Carer Visa, designed to address the needs within the UK’s healthcare sector. This visa lets qualified individuals to work as senior carers, providing to the well-being of the elderly and those in need of long-term care. This article surveys the various aspects of the UK Senior Carer Visa, helping prospective applicants understand the eligibility criteria, application process, and what life in the UK implies.
Benefits of senior carer visa UK.
- The UK work Visa for Up to 5 years will be provided.
- A Visa With/Without IELTS or OET can be applied.
- Paying Immigration Health Surcharge for you and your family will be excempted.
- Visa fees will be reduced.
- Fast- Track visa process.
- UK Visa can be applied for dependents.
- Career growth in the health care sector.
- You can apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years and meet the other eligibility requirements.
- He/ She should be a qualified nurse, health professional or adult social care professional.
- He/ She must have experience in eligible health or social care job.
- Most importantly, candidate must have conformed job offer.
- He or she must have a COS (Certificate of sponsorship) from a UK employer (A-rated) with detailed information about your Job, Location and your despicability during your employment.
- Candidate must be able to Read, Write, Speak and understand English at at least B1 level on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference) scale.
The employer will be needed to include a brief explanation in the COS setting that out how the employee meets the Health and Care visa eligibility requirements.
Candidates must be able to speak, write, read and fully understand English at least Level B1 on the common European framework of reference for language (CEFR) scale.
Candidate must prove their language proficiency by one of the following:
- He or she should pass a UKVI IELTS test with a minimum 5 band average from an approved provider.
- He or she should have a degree-level qualification that was taught in English- if the candidate studied abroad. Candidate must apply for confirmation through UK NARIC that their qualification is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or P.HD. *We highly recommend Diploma holders opt for a UKVI IELTS*
How to apply for a Senior Carer visa
You can apply for your senior Carer visa, once you have secured your job and received a Certificate of Sponsorship from your UK employer. For the application procedure:
- You will need to prepare and submit the Health and Care Worker visa application form.
- You must pay the application fee of £247 per person (for up to 3 years) or £479 per person (for up to 5 years).
- You have to book an appointment at your nearest visa application center to have your fingerprints scanned and photo taken (your biometrics).
- You must upload the documents required by the Home Office, including:
- certificate of sponsorship reference from your UK employer
- details of the job, including title, occupation code, annual salary, employer name, and sponsor licence number
- evidence of sufficient savings held for at least 28 days (e.g. bank statement)
- a criminal record certificate
- TB test results, if requested
- a copy of your qualifications
- You should attend your biometric appointment.
You are allowed to submit your Senior Carer visa application up to 3 months before you start working in the UK, that allows you to have plenty of time to get the permission needed. For most applicants, the UK Senior Carer visa processing time is 3 weeks.
Documents Required for senior carer visa UK
- A valid Passport or another document that shows identity or nationality.
- Proof of knowledge of English.
- Your job title, annual salary and occupation code
- Name of employer and their sponsor license number – it will be in your certificate of sponsorship.
- A Police clearance certificate.
- Tuberculosis test results if you are from the listed country.
- Your Graduation, Master’s or P.HD Certificated and Record of Transcripts.
- 2 x Previous job or study references.
- If you are not fully sponsored then Evidence that you have enough saving to sport your self in the UK. ( you must have £1270 in your bank account for at least 28 days in a row.)
Senior Care Worker visa UK duration
Based on the length of your employment contract, it is possible to get a Senior Care Worker visa UK for up to 5 years. You can then renew your visa as many times as you wish as long as you remain employed by your employer and you are in the same job. On the other hand, you can apply to settle after 5 continuous years in the UK (more details given below senior carer visa to ILR).
Senior Carer visa dependents
As a Senior Carer visa holder, it is possible for you to bring your eligible dependents with you. This can be your partner/spouse and children. Their visa will usually have the same expiry date as your Senior Carer visa, and they will also be able to apply for settlement when you become eligible, if they have spent 5 years in the UK.
For a partner dependent visa, you and your partner must be married or in a civil partnership or have been in a relationship for at least 2 years. For a child dependent visa, if your child is 16 or over, you will need to prove they are dependent on you – i.e. they live with you (except if they attend boarding school or live away for university), are not married or in a civil partnership, and they are financially reliant on you.
Senior Carer visa to ILR
If you have lived lawfully in the UK for 5 continuous years, you can apply for settlement in the UK (ILR). This means you no longer need to go to immigration control and can live in the UK permanently. You can also apply for citizenship after 1 year.
To qualify for ILR, in addition to the 5 years continuous residence requirement, you must also still be with your employer in the same role, pass the Life in the UK Test and meet the English language requirement (at CEFR B1, B2, C1 or C2 level). As such, if you met the B1 level when you first applied for your Senior Carer visa, you will already meet the English language requirement for ILR.
Best App for OET Preparation
Take your OET preparation to the next level with Entri App’s comprehensive OET Accelerator course. Designed for those seeking an in-depth and thorough training experience, this Online OET course provides extensive support and guidance to help you achieve your desired OET scores. Gain access to recorded classes, live sessions, personalized mentorship, and a wealth of study materials to propel your OET journey to new heights.
Why Entri App for OET Coaching
Achieve your desired OET score in weeks with personalized guidance. Our team of experts will be there to support you at every step of your journey, ensuring your success in the OET preparation.
- 20 Hours of Recorded Class Sessions on OET Basics
- 20 Hours of Recorded Grammar Classes
- 40 Hours of Live Sessions
- 30 Hours of One-on-One Training Sessions
- 3 Full Length Mock Test
- 24*7 Hours of Spoken English Assistance With Entri EVA (AI Assistance)
Entri OET Course Structure
- Special Separate Sessions for LSRW
- Interactive Sessions for Practical Experience
- Practice Real-Life Scenarios
- Assessment & Progress Tracking
- Mock Tests & Practice Materials