In this competitive era, preparing ourself for campus placements is the most pivotal part of education. Earlier, most of the students ignored the significance of the campus placements and waved goodbye to the opportunities of getting selected by the company. But now, every year, you can observe hundreds of students taking active participation in the campus placement process.
One of the advantages of campus recruitment is the assurance of stable job profiles in reputed companies. In India, the majority of campus recruitment companies often lower their hiring criteria for entry-level employment.
What is Campus Placement/Campus Recruitment?
Campus Placements/ Campus Recruitment drives are conducted in various educational institutes for providing job opportunities to the students. Campus Recruitment allows students to earn a safe and secure future. Keeping in mind the importance of the placement, it is vital for a student to prepare adequately for these programs and ensure that they put their best foot forward.
Campus recruitment is a strategy for sourcing, engaging, and hiring young talent for internship and full-time job roles. College placement is a tactic for leading companies to hire high-volume qualified candidates. The campus recruitment process often involves collaboration with colleges, career consulting & services centres, third-party agencies, attending job fairs, and more.
Types of Campus Placements
In On-Campus placement drives, recruitment companies are officially invited on the college campus to conduct interviews to gauge their potential as future employees. The placement process is centralized. Before the interviews, they make a selection on criteria like student’s knowledge, technical abilities, and zeal to work.
As the name defines, it is a type of placement conducted outside the college campus. In Off-campus placement, the role of college is absent. This means that there are no rules and regulations of the college, and seek employment on your own. Reputed companies conduct pool placement interviews where students from different colleges assemble at a commonplace.
Students who have failed to get an on-campus placement can get a career opportunity through this type of placement. Here, an individual need to take a lot of effort to find their perfect employment fit.
Pool Campus Placement:
This type of campus placement considers a specific affiliation criterion. The concept of the pool campus placement enables a student to attend campus interviews held at colleges that are affiliated with the same university. Pool Placements adds an advantage for the students of the colleges to join the combined placement drives, which are similar to on-campus drives with a larger scale. Here, one gets to explore a lot of career choices to opt for.
Tips to Crack Campus Placement Interview
Finding a job can be a tough challenge in today’s time. It becomes more difficult if you take admission to a college that lacks placement process assistance.
Getting a job offer in a campus placement drive is one of the biggest concerns for a majority of the students in their final year. But if prepared well, it’s not difficult to crack the campus placement interview. Therefore, to make sure you get the job of your dreams, preparation is the key.
- Revise your subject thoroughly and stay updated with the latest trends
- Prepare well for the aptitude tests
- Practice your English speaking and writing skills
- Brush up technical knowledge
- Actively participate in mock interviews
- Develop marketable skills
- Increase your general knowledge
- Plan your approach and devise a practical plan: Before you understand the next steps i.e. research the companies, understand the selection criteria, placement rules, and prepare for interviews, it is very important to set the stage by planning your own approach. Understand what are your career aspirations and goals, plan your time, and accordingly devise a practical plan with clarity. Self-reflection at this step will help you handle more than half of the preparation.
- List down the companies:Gather the list of companies that visit your campus. Prioritize the companies you are interested in, identify your reason for selection, and update yourself with the latest trends in the industry.
- Company research:After prioritizing, research adequately about the company, know about the company’s culture, technologies used, services, and latest achievements/announcements by the company. This will help you build an initial connection and rapport with the interviewer.
- Selection criteria:Research the selection process of your target companies. How many students do they plan to hire and how many are likely to apply? Do you qualify for their shortlisting criteria? What skills do these companies look for? What is the minimum CGPA necessary for placements?
- Placement rules for your campus:Every campus has its own processes and rules to follow. Understand the placement rules for your campus. Attend presentations arranged by your placement team. Carefully study the do’s and don’ts in different situations, such as if you get one job offer, can you appear for another interview later. Discuss with your network to be sure you have understood each potential situation.
- Build an impactful resume and professional online profile:Building the right resume will help you position yourself better amongst the campus placement teams. Use the format if suggested by your college or research professional resume format. Focus on building a professional-looking LinkedIn profile, and clean up your social media accounts to remove the unwanted stuff. Tailor your resume each time you apply based on the job description and your research on the company. Understand that this is the first step to shortlisting you for the role and differentiates you from your peers.
- Get ready for interviews:Your performance during the interview is the final deciding factor of your selection process. Be aware and prepared for group discussions, aptitude tests, technical interviews, subject matter interviews, coding tests, and HR interviews. List down common interview questions, practice the content and body language. Overall, stay focused and calm.
Why is it important to choose Entri?
- Excellent online platform for all the Competitive Exams.
- Provides updated materials created by the Entri Experts.
- Entri provides a best platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers.
- You can download the app for free and join the required classes.
- Entri wishes you all the best for your examinations and future endeavours.
“YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE GREAT TO START, BUT YOU HAVE TO START TO BE GREAT.”