Table of Contents
Java and Swift both are programming languages. Both languages are important for computer science students. Java and swift have different functionalities and different operations. Anyone can learn java and swift programming languages. All of the things are designed through programming languages.
Java is a general-purpose, class-based, object-oriented programming language and computing platform which was first developed by Sun Micro System in the year 1995. It was developed by James Gosling. It was designed to build web and desktop applications and have lesser implementation dependencies. It is a computing platform for application development also. Java is fast, secure, and reliable, therefore. It is extensively practiced for producing Java applications for laptops, desktops, mobiles, etc.
Swift is a famous and automatic, organized, and general-purpose programming language developed by Apple Inc. It is used to create software applications for macOS, iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and beyond. It was developed by Chris Lattner. Swift language has come on 2 June 2014. Swift is a modern language, powerful and developer-friendly programing language. It was developed by Apple Inc for use of apple products like ipads, iostv and it also supports multiple devices. It is a language in which we can code easily to compile and run.
Swift was designed for Apple products like Apple cocoa and Cocoa touch frameworks. Objective C, C++ language code also runs in a swift language. Swift is an open-source language and built with an open LLVM compiler.
History Of Swift vs java
Apple’s worldwide developer conference announces swift language on June 2, 2014
Swift is powerful, easy to code, open-source languages were started in 2010 by Chris Lattner and its teammates Doug Gregor, John McCall.The swift idea is taken from many languages like python, ruby, or c language.
The swift first version was 1.0released on 9 September 2014 by the Apple Worldwide developer conference which was upgraded in 2.0 with Apache license. Apple launches various versions of swift. The latest version is 5.1 which is released on January 31, 2020.
James Gosling was a father of java.Java was a very interesting history. James Gosling and its teammates Mike Sheridan, Patrick Naughton started the Java language in June 1991. Then Java uses for set-top boxes, TVs and gadgets. Then the java name was the green team.
After it is called Oak (Oak is a symbol of strength).Many times the java name changed.
At last James Gosling Gave a name java.
- Java Version History
- JDK 1.0 released on January 23, 1996
- Java latest version is 13 September 2019
- We can compile java code in JDK and other compilers.
Benefits or Features of Swift
Swift is an open-source programming language because it supports all platforms. Developers find bugfixes, issues and share knowledge and experience in the community over the years.
Swift is the language that easy to write or read. Swift syntax is easy to learn and use.C, C++ language code also runs in a swift language.
Supported multiple devices
Swift is a programming language that supports all multiple devices. It is not only for apple products but also supports all devices. Swift uses for apple products like mobile and desktop.
Fast and powerful
Swift is a modern, fast and powerful language. In information technology, swift is fully demanded language. In this era, swift is demanded language. It is the high performance and efficient language.
Benefits or Features of Java
Java is simple, easy to learn, understand. It is an object-oriented language like C++. java syntax is based on C++.java does not support pointers and operator overloading but c++ support.
Java is a platform-independent programming language that means java can run software or hardware system. Java code can run on many platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac/os and other operating systems.
It is a distributed language in which we can use many applications in Java. Distributed applications are EJB and RMI.
It is a pure OOP language. Java fully objects language. Object-oriented means in which contain data and behavior. concepts of oops are: class, object, inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism, abstraction.
Java is a powerful and strong language. It uses automatic garbage collection and exceptional handling.
Drawbacks of using Java
- Verbose and complex code
- Sometimes Poor performance
- Paid the commercial license
- Single-Paradigm Language
- Less machine interactive
Points to know about Java
- Java is a general-purpose, class-based, object-oriented programming language and computing platform which was first developed by Sun Micro System in the year 1995.
- It is practiced to advance application servers, web applications, android applications, Desktop applications, Enterprise applications, etc.
- The syntax of the Java programming language is more verbose and a little complex.
- In inheritance, it uses a keyword known as extends, for example, class Child extends Parents.
- It uses constructors like the same name as of class, for example, Simple( ) where the class name is also Simple.
- In Java, creating an object is very easy. For example – Simple obj=new Simple();
- Java is one of the old programming languages having more community support.
- Java has complicated syntax and code readability as compared to Swift language.
Drawbacks of using Swift
- Language is still relatively young
- Lack of support for earlier iOS versions
- Limited talent pool/swift programmer
- Problems with the Compatibility
- Earlier versions had speed issues
Points to know about Swift
- Swift is a famous and automatic, organized, and general-purpose programming language developed by Apple Inc.
- It is used to create software applications for macOS, iOS, watchOS, and beyond.
- It is used to develop iOS mobile and Television applications, macOS desktop applications, etc. can be created using a swift programming language.
- The syntax of the Swift language is way easier to learn as compared to Java. It is easy to start work on it
- In Inheritance, it uses : symbol, for example, class Child: Parent
- It uses constructors like the init( ) method.
- In Swift, one can create an object like Var obj: A=A.
- Swift is one of the modern programming languages possessing more limited community assistance as compared to java.
- As compared to Java language, Swift has easy syntax and code readability.
Why is it important to choose Entri?
- Excellent online platform for all the Competitive Exams.
- Provides updated materials created by the Entri Experts.
- Entri provides a best platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers.
- You can download the app for free and join the required classes.
- Entri wishes you all the best for your examinations and future endeavours.
“YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE GREAT TO START, BUT YOU HAVE TO START TO BE GREAT.”