Indian Army has released a notification on 11th May inviting female candidates (only) who have registered and are appearing for NEET (UG) – 2022 for admission to four years BSc (Nursing) Course. The aforesaid invitation is for the course commencing in the year 2022 at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS). All details regarding the course and eligibility is mentioned in the notification which is available in the official website – www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This article gives a detailed view about the course, admission process and other information.
Candidates will be selected for admission at Colleges of Nursing based on the final merit cum choice prepared using NEET (UG) – score, Computer Based Test of General Intelligence, General English (ToGlGE), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT) and Interview, subject to medical fitness and vacancies at each
There are three mandatory requirements for those seeking admission for BSc Nursing course at AFMS institutions:
- Should register and apply at the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Should qualify NEET (UG) – 2022 conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Should upload their NEET (UG) – 2022 score when asked to do so.
Failure to do any of these will lead to the rejection of admission.
Indian Army B. Sc Nursing Exam Overview
|Name of organization||Indian Army|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Selection Process||NEET score, Document Verification, ToGlGE, PAT, Interview, Medical Examination|
|Commencement of online application||11th May 2022|
|Last date for online application||31st May 2022|
Indian Army B. Sc Nursing Eligibility Criteria
Indian Army has laid down certain regulations regarding the eligibility criteria. Only those candidates who satisfy these criteria will be considered for admission.
This course is only for female candidates who are unmarried/ divorced/ legally separated/ widowed without encumbrances.
Only citizens of India are eligible to apply for admission to AFMS.
Candidates seeking admission should be in the age limit of 21 to 16 years i.e. they should be born between 1st Oct 1997 and 30th Sep 2005 (both days inclusive).
Candidate must have passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) in with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory/ Recognized Board/ University/ Examining Body. It is mandatory that candidate should have passed this exam in the first attempt.
Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic
session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the course.
Medical fitness of the candidate is decided as per the medical fitness standards and criteria prescribed for grant of Commission in the Armed Forces as amended from time to time. The minimum height required
for entry into Armed Forces for female candidates is 152 cm. Candidates from Hill and Northeastern States will be accepted with a minimum height of 147 cm.
Indian Army B. Sc Nursing Application Process
- Applications must be submitted online through www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Hard copy of the application will not be accepted.
- The candidates will have to register ONLINE by providing name, mobile number, email id and other details as required.
- The candidate’s email id is the user id for the website and the candidate will select her own password. Candidates must remember their username and password for all future correspondence.
- Carefully enter all the required information.
- The scanned copy of the required documents should also be uploaded in the prescribed size and format.
- Click on the SUBMIT button to submit your application.
- Candidates are requested to make correction to the filled application form using the EDIT menu and ensure all corrections are made before final submission. No modification in the application will be possible after clicking the SUBMIT button.
- Pay the application fee. On successful completion of online payment a bank reference number (DU number) will be generated for the future correspondence of all candidates (except SC/ST) and a confirmation page will be displayed. Candidates must take the print out of the payment receipt and read it carefully before final submission of the online application form.
- Take a printout of the duly filled application for further reference along with payment confirmation page.
- Once the process is complete candidates are provided with a provisional registration number (reference number). This number will be sent to the registered email id and phone number.
- The notification to upload the NEET (UG) -2022 score will be published at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Therefore candidates are requested to visit the website regularly for updates and upload NEET (UG) – 2022 scores when notified.
- The correspondence address is as follows:
Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army),
Adjutant General’s Branch
O/o DGMS (Army)/DGMS-48,
Defence Offices Complex,
‘3td Floor, ‘A’ Block,
KG Marg, New Delhi – 110001
Telephone No : 011-21411793, e- mail id : plan.planlS@nic.in
- All candidates except Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe – Rs.200
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe – No fees
Indian Army B. Sc Nursing Number of Seats
The number of seats available in each College under respective University for the year 2022 is as tabulated below:-
|Name of Institution||Affiliated University||No. of seats|
|CON, AFMC Pune||Maharashtra University of
Health Sciences (MUHS)
|West Bengal University of
Health Sciences (WBUHS)
|CON, INHS Asvini,
|Maharashtra University of
Health Sciences (MUHS)
|Delhi University (DU)||30|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical
|Rajiv Gandhi University of
Health Sciences (RGUHS)
The date of declaration of result from respective Universities will be the date of Commission for the candidates. The date of Commission determines the date of seniority in service among all candidates who have joined the course in the same year. The commencement and completion of course depends on the respective affiliated University norms.
Indian Army B. Sc Nursing Selection Process
Applicants will have to go through six stages before securing selection to AFMS. The different stages are as follows:
Shortlisting through NEET (UG) score:
Candidates will be shortlisted based on NEET (UG) – 2022 merit. The registration numbers (Reference No) of the candidates who are shortlisted for screening at designated venue will be displayed in the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. The shortlisted candidates will be called for ToGlGE, Psychological Assessment Test (PAT), Interview and Medical examination at a designated venue. The admit card for the same can be downloaded from www.ioinindianarmy.nic.in.
Verification of Documents:
All shortlisted candidates will be required to produce all original documents as listed in the admit card at the time of interview for verification. It is the responsibility of the candidate to be in possession of all original documents at the time of Interview. The shortlisted candidates, if not in possession of documents as per eligibility criteria or at any stage of the selection process, if it is found that the information provided has been willfully concealed or misrepresented will lead to disqualification from the
selection process / loss of candidature.
Test of General Intelligence and General English (ToGlGE):
Test of General Intelligence & General English (ToGlGE) will be in the form of Computer Based Test (CBT) consisting of 40 Multiple Choice Questions of two marks each. The paper consist of 40 questions for a total of 80 marks. There will be negative marks of 0.5 for every incorrect answer. These 40 questions will be required to be answered in 30 mins.
Psychological Assessment Test (PAT):
The PAT is a qualifying examination and the score will not be considered for preparing final merit list.
The candidates will be interviewed by a Board of Officers at a designated venue.
All shortlisted candidates will undergo Special Medical Board (SMB) examination at a designated venue. Candidates declared FIT/ UNFIT in medical examination will be informed about their medical status. They will also be informed about the procedure of requesting for Appeal Medical Board by the President Special Medical Board.
Term and Conditions
The selected candidates shall execute an Agreement Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service (MNS), Armed Forces Medical Services at the time of admission. During training they will be provided with free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend as per terms and conditions as amended from time to time. On successful completion of BSc Nursing course of four years, the candidates will be granted Permanent Short Service Commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission. In the event of withdrawal from the course, termination of training or refusal to accept Commission in the MNS, if offered, they will have to refund the Bond money as per the agreement.
Grab Latest study materials for Indian Army Nurse Exam! Register Here!!
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.