Instagram has launched a new ‘Take a Break’ promotion in a number of countries, including India. Through a campaign dubbed ‘Break Zaroori hai,’ Instagram collaborates with ‘We The Young’ to bring the feature to India. The month-long campaign will illustrate scenarios in which young people could benefit from this functionality. ‘Take a Break’ was first released in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia, and is now available worldwide. The ‘Take a Break’ function will be accessible on iOS right away, and Android will follow in a few weeks.
What does it mean to ‘Take a Break’?
- Take a Break will remind Instagram users to step away from the platform and focus on other things on a regular basis. The platform will also send out a notification to users informing them of the new addition.
- Users will also be provided “expert-backed recommendations to help them reflect and reset,” according to the platform. Users, on the other hand, will have control over whether or not they wish to get these timely messages.
- The aim is continue the work to create a safe and supportive environment on Instagram, so young people can use it to explore their interests, and find community.
- The ‘Take a Break’ reminders complement Instagram’s existing time management tools, such as Daily Limit, which notifies users when they have spent the maximum amount of time on Instagram for the day and allows users to mute Instagram notifications.
The following are key takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Instagram is an American photo and video sharing social networking service founded by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. In April 2012, Facebook Inc. acquired the service for approximately US$1 billion in cash and stock.
- Developer(s): Meta Platforms (formerly Facebook, Inc.)
- Initial release: October 6, 2010; 11 years ago