Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has released a notification inviting online applications from bright, young, and energetic persons of Indian Nationality, for Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Production) recruitment on its official website. Interested candidates can apply at www.iocrefrecruit.in till 19th February 2021, by 5.00 PM. Read the article for complete details regarding the IOCL JE Recruitment 2021 and the online application procedure.
IOCL JE Recruitment 2021
Notification Overview: Important Dates
|Organization||Indian Oil Corporation Limited|
|Notification Release Date||28th January 2021|
|Name of the post||Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Production)|
|Date of Opening of Online Application||28th January 2021|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application||19th February 2021|
|Last Date of Receipt of Printout of Online Application With Supporting Documents||27th February 2021|
|Tentative Date of Written Test||28th February 2021|
|Tentative Date of Publication of Written Test Result||09th March 2021|
|Tentative Dates of Skill/ Proficiency/ Physical Test (SPPT)||15/ 16th March 2021|
IOCL JE Recruitment 2021: Eligibility Criteria
The date for the purposes of possession of qualification, experience, and meeting age criteria shall be 31st January 2021.
Minimum 18 years and Maximum age shall be 26 years for General and EWS category candidates.
Relaxation in age up to 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC (NCL) candidates considered against reserved positions will be allowed. Age relaxation of a period equal to minimum years of experience notified against a post shall be allowed to all category candidates.
3 years Diploma in Chemical / Refinery & Petrochemical Engg. Or B. Sc. (Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry) from a recognized Institute / University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, EWS, and OBC candidates and 45% in case of SC/ST candidates against reserved positions.
The prescribed qualification should be from a recognized University/Institute as a regular full-time course (Industrial training as part of the course with no break) with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST category candidates against reserved positions) in aggregate. Moreover, candidates note that no claim of possession of a qualification equivalent to a prescribed qualification shall be entertained.
- No woman is permitted to work in or allowed to enter any building in which generation of gas from ‘Dangerous Petroleum’ as defined in the Petroleum Act 1934, is carried on. No woman is allowed to work in the LPG storage and handling area.
- Accordingly, Women candidates will not be considered for vacancies in Production (Post Code 201) as these cadres/work areas also requires shift operations.
Area of Experience
Minimum one year of post-qualification experience in operation (rotating shift) of Pump House, Fired Heater, Compressor, Distillation Column, Reactor, Heat exchanger, etc. in a Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemicals / Fertilizer/Heavy Chemical/Gas Processing Industry.
There is a total of 16 vacancies for the post of Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Production) in the discipline of Chemical.
- UR – 9
- EWS – 1
- SC – 2
- ST – 0
- OBC (NCL) – 4
- PwBD – NIL
The number of vacancies indicated above is tentative and may increase or decrease in the relevant categories at the absolute discretion of the Management and in compliance with the Presidential Directives on the reservation at the time of appointment.
Scale of Pay
The minimum basic pay for the post is Rs.25,000-1,05,000/-.
Besides Basic Pay and Industrial pattern of DA, the other allowances/benefits include HRA/ subsidized housing accommodation (as per availability), Medical Facilities, Productivity/ Performance Incentive Scheme, Gratuity, Contributory Provident Fund, Employees’ Pension Scheme, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Leave Encashment, Leave Travel Concession/LFA, Contributory Superannuation Benefit Fund Scheme, House Building Advance, Conveyance Advance/ Maintenance Reimbursement, Children Education Allowance, etc. as per Corporation rules.
The selection process consists of:
- Written Test and,
- Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT)
The SPPT will be of qualifying nature, that is, Category-wise and Post-wise Merit list shall be drawn on the basis of marks obtained in the Written Test, only for such candidates who qualify in the SPPT.
The candidates will have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in the written test for qualifying in the SPPT. The minimum qualifying marks in the written test will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories against reserved positions.
Pre-Employment Medical and Physical Fitness
Candidates are advised to go through “Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-Employment Medical Examination” and satisfy themselves of meeting the fitness criteria before starting the application submission process or before they commence the application process.
IOCL JE Recruitment 2021: Online Application Procedure
- The candidates should carefully read the full advertisement for details of educational qualification and other eligibility criteria before submission of an on-line application.
- Interested candidates must have an active e-mail ID and mobile number and the same must remain valid for at least one year as all communications to them will take place only through e-mail and SMS alerts.
- Keep ready the relevant certificates/testimonials/documents/proofs pertaining to age, caste, educational qualifications, post qualification experience, Discharge Certificate (where applicable) prior to the online application.
- Also, the scanned copy of colored passport size photograph and signature in jpg format (size not exceeding 50kb).
- Only online mode of applications will be accepted.
Follow these steps to apply/ register for IOCL JE 2021:
- Log on to the official website at www.iocrefrecruit.in
- On the homepage, click on the link for the ‘Recruitment of Experienced Non-Executive Personnel’ tab.
- On the new webpage, click on ‘Apply Now’
- Enter the required details and submit.
- Make payment for the application fee and download a copy of the application fee.
After successfully applying/registering on-line applications, the candidate must take a print out of the filled in the online application form. The candidates are required to duly sign the printout of the online application form and send it to Dy. General Manager (HR), Barauni Refinery, P.O. Barauni Oil Refinery, Begusarai, Bihar – 851114, along with all supporting documents (as mentioned in the checklist attached at Annexure I) & Photograph under self-attestation by ordinary post latest by 27-02-2021.
A copy of the on-line application shall be retained by the candidate and produced for verification at the time of SPPT.
Check-list of documents to be attached along with on-line application form
All attached documents must be Self-Attested.
- A Signed Print out of Online Application Form
- Proof of Date of Birth-Certificate issued by a Board of Secondary Education for passing Matriculation/Higher Secondary shall be the only acceptable document in support of proof of age.
- Passport size photographs
- Xth Pass & XIIth Pass Certificate and Mark Sheet issued by the respective Board/University
- Diploma / BSc (PCM): Final / Provisional Pass Certificate issued by the respective Board/University/ as applicable.
- All the Mark Sheet (Semesters/Year wise) of Diploma/B.Sc. (PCM) issued by the respective Board/University.
- Proficiency certificate from BOAT/BOPT or SCVT/NCVT in case of Apprentices
- Certificate from the Institute where the candidate has pursued his Degree/Diploma/Sandwich Diploma (Industrial Training as a part of course with no break) course indicating that course is a regular full-time course and the date of publication of the result of the final year/ final semester of the Degree / Diploma course in case the date of declaration of result is not mentioned in the Mark Sheet/Certificate.
- Copy of documents related to higher qualification being pursued
- Proof of Qualification (equivalence) and Service Certificate/ Discharge Certificate etc. in case of Ex-servicemen.
- Experience Certificate or Copy of Offer Letter, Joining Letter, Payslips, Increment Letter, relieving letter, etc. proving the continuance in service for the claimed period as experience.
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer in case employed with Government/ Semi-Government/ PSU Bodies.
- Copy of SC/ST/OBC (NCL) certificate, EWS certificate / EWS Undertaking.
- Copy of Photo Identity Proof (Driving License/ Voter Id/ PAN Card/ Passport etc).
- Aadhaar Card
- Self-Declaration on Medical fitness
Download the IOCL JE Recruitment 2021 Notification: