Table of Contents
Jharkhand Staff Selection Committee (JSCC) has released a notification regarding the recruitment for the post of Laboratory Assistant in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Interested applicants can go through the notification to know more about the recruitment drive and apply online through the official website – www.jscc.nic.in. Applications can be submitted from 29th August, 2022 till midnight of 28th September, 2022.
JSSC Lab Assistant Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Name of the Recruiting Organization||Jharkhand Staff Selection Committee (JSCC)|
|Name of the Department||School Education and Literacy Department|
|Vacant Post||Lab Assistant|
|Mode of selection||Written exam|
|Number of vacancies||690|
|Mode of Application||Online|
JSSC Lab Assistant Important Dates 2022
|Commencement of online application||29th August, 2022|
|Last date for online application||28th September, 2022|
|Last date to pay application fee||30th September, 2022|
|Last date to upload photo and signature||2nd October, 2022|
|Correction window||3rd October to 6th October, 2022|
JSSC Lab Assistant Vacancies 2022
According to the official notification there are a total of 690 vacancies for the post of Lab Assistants. The post wise vacancies is given in the table below:
|Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Lab Assistant (Physics)||230|
|Lab Assistant (Chemistry)||230|
|Lab Assistant (Biology)||230|
|Name of Post||UR||ST||SC||OBC-1||OBC-2||EWS||Total
|Lab Assistant (Physics)||93||60||23||18||14||22||230|
|Lab Assistant (Chemistry)||93||60||23||18||14||22||230|
|Lab Assistant (Biology)||93||60||23||18||14||22||230|
JSSC Lab Assistant Salary 2022
Laboratory Assistants will enjoy a handsome pay. Those recruited will be paid Rs. 35400 to Rs. 112400 based on Pay Matrix Level 6.
JSSC Lab Assistant Eligibility Criteria
The Staff Selection Committee of Jharkhand has laid down certain criteria to recruit the best candidates for the post of lab assistants. Applicants should go through these criteria and ensure that they are eligible to apply for the vacancies. The applications of those who do not meet the criteria will be rejected. Read on to know all the criteria laid by JSSC.
The minimum age limit for applicants is 21 years. The upper limit for various categories is as shown below:
- Unreserved/ Economically Weaker Section – 35 years
- Backward Class/ Extremely Backward Class – 37 years
- Women – 38 years
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe – 40 years
The cut off date for calculating the age is 1st January, 2022.
Candidates should have a bachelors degree with minimum50% marks in any two of the following subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Biology from a university recognized by the state government, central government or University Grants Commission (UGC). Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Disabled candidates should score a minimum of 45%. Those applying for the post of Lab Assistant in Biology should have studied both Botany and Zoology in the graduation level for at least two years. Applicants should also have completed matriculation and intermediate from a recognized educational institution located in the state of Jharkhand. It is also mandatory for the candidate to have knowledge of the local language, culture and environment.
JSSC Lab Assistant Recruitment 2022 – How to Apply?
- Candidates should download the brochure and notification and go through it thoroughly before applying. They should ensure that they satisfy all the conditions set by JSSC.
- Go through the brochure and keep all the required documents/ certificates handy. Also make sure that all the details and spellings in the certificates are correct.
- Keep a scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- While filling the application form, enter the name and date of birth as mentioned in the matriculation certificate.
- Applications should be submitted online through the official website – www.jsc.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Online Application for JLACE-2022’ and enter the required information to register yourself.
- Once the registration process is complete, a registration number and password will be sent to the registered mobile number and email id.
- Log in again using the credentials obtained and carefully fill in the application form. Do not forget to save as you move on to the next page.
- Login again after 12pm the next day and pay the application fee.
- Again login the next day and upload the fee receipt, and scanned copies of your signature and photograph.
- Go through the application once again before submitting the application form.
- After submitting, take a print out of the form for future reference.
An application fee of Rs. 100 has to be paid while applying for the post. Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates of Jharkhand have to pay Rs. 500. This is non refundable and applications submitted without paying the fee will be rejected.
JSSC Lab Assistant Exam Pattern 2022
Applicants can opt for the post of Physics, Chemistry or Biology lab assistant based on their educational qualification. A Computer Based Test (CBT) will be conducted by the board. There will be two papers in the test and the duration of test for each paper will be three hours. The two papers are as follows:
|Paper I||General Knowledge and Hindi language||100|
|Paper II||Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology (as opted by the candidate)||300|
- Paper I will consist of 100 questions out of which fifty will be about general knowledge and rest about Hindi language. Every correct answer will be awarded one mark.
- Paper II will consist of 150 questions and every correct answer will be awarded two marks. Candidates have to score 50% marks in Paper II except for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe who have to score 45% marks to qualify.
A merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in Paper II. The names of those who scored more than the cut off mark will be present in the merit list and the final selection will be made on the basis if this list.
Entri App is a great online platform to prepare for various competitive exams which has helped aspirants land their dream job. Download Entri App, choose the course according to your requirement and start preparing for your exam with the help of our experts. We also provide video classes, mock tests, access to previous question papers etc. Work well begun is half done, so choose the best platform to achieve your dreams.