Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) recruitment is one of the best opportunities for candidates to land a government job. The recruitment is conducted for the recruitment of eligible candidates to various posts under KPSC. Candidates who are interested in applying for this post can make the applications online from the official website once the notification is published. To score a good position in the rank list, it is very necessary that the candidates who are applying for the post have complete knowledge regarding the post, duties, and the kind of questions asked during the examination. The selection process followed by the commission in a recruitment examination is a very crucial part of exam preparation. Here are the details that the candidates have to know about the Karnataka PSC exam 2021 and the KPSC question papers and how to download them.
KPSC Question Paper PDF Download
The candidates can download the previous year’s question paper in PDF format and can use it as the main resource to crack the exam. The Karnataka PSC previous year question papers can only help the candidates to crack the exam effectively. The candidates need to know how to manage the time and speed while attending the exam. To familiarize themselves with the exam, the candidates should revise the topics and daily practice with the previous year’s question paper. The candidates should understand the focus points from the previous year’s question paper. The candidates can download the previous year’s question paper from the links below.
KPSC Exam Pattern 2021
Karnataka PSC follows certain examination patterns and exam syllabus for various recruitment examinations. The given below can be considered as an overview of the examination pattern followed by the KPSC examination. There are three stages of examination and the three stages are.
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
- Interview round
Karnataka PSC Preliminary Exam 2021
The first stage of the recruitment examination is a preliminary examination and this is of qualifying in nature. The examination will be objective type.
- The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers.
- Each of these papers consists of objective type of questions or multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The marks obtained in this examination are not counted in merit, the same is only qualifying in nature.
- The medium of the question paper is English.
- The duration of each of these papers is 2 hours.
- Negative markings are present in the examination such that 0.25 marks are deducted forever incorrect answers.
KPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The mains examination is the second stage of the recruitment examination. This examination is descriptive in nature. The marks obtained by the candidates in this round will be taken for finalizing the result.
- The written test consists of question papers of descriptive type out of which the qualifying structure of only one paper.
- Upon clearing the Mains examination with the specific cut-off mark requirements, the candidates are called for a personal interview by the commission.
- Each paper will be of 3 hours of total time.
- The medium of the question paper will be English. However, the respective language papers will be released in the testing languages.
- The KPSC Mains has a total of 9 papers in which 2 qualifying papers, 4 general papers, and 2 optional papers.
- The total marks are about 1750.
- The seven papers counted for ultimate merit are the following-
- General Studies 1,2,3,4
- Optional papers 1 and 2
KPSC Question Papers Benefits
Preparing with reference to the previous year’s question paper will give every candidate confidence and idea about the kind of questions asked in the examination. Those candidates who wish to crack the exam should download the PDF format of question papers from Entri App and use it as a guide and reference source at the same time.
- Helps in preparation for the examination
- Enlighten the individual potential to attend the examination
- Insight into the exam pattern and the type of questions asked
- Helps in speed management while taking the examination
- Learn to manage time effectively
- Increase the knowledge and familiarity with the subjects
- Enhance the confidence of the candidates
- Facilitates self-assessment
- Learn the proper approach to solve questions from various topics
- Enhance the accuracy of answering and the way to do it
- Familiarize with the challenges to face while attending questions
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Entri App provides you with the best preparation opportunities for your dream job. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.