Check the complete syllabus for the Kerala PSC Junior Instructor in Mechanical Agricultural Machinery, Painter General, and Interior Decoration and Designing in the Industrial Training Department. Candidates who have given confirmation go through the complete Kerala PSC Junior Instructor syllabus and download the free PDF. Download Entri App and start practicing the latest mock tests to ace your preparations.
Kerala PSC Junior Instructor Syllabus 2021
Junior Instructor (Mechanical Agricultural Machinery) in the Industrial Training Department
- Occupational Safety & Health: Importance of Safety and general Precautions to be observed in the shop.
- Hand & Power Tools: Marking scheme, Marking material-chalk, Prussian blue. Cleaning tools- Scraper, wire brush, Emery paper, Description, care and use of Surface plates, steel rule, measuring tape, try square. Calipers inside and outside
- Systems of measurement: Description, care & use of – Micrometers Outside and depth micrometer, Micrometer adjustments, Vernier calipers, Telescope gauges, Dial bore gauges, dial indicators, straightedge, feeler gauge, thread pitch gauge, vacuum gauge, tire pressure gauge.
- Fasteners: Study of different types of screws, nuts, studs & bolts, locking devices, Such as lock nuts, cotter, split pins, keys, circlips, lock rings, lock washers, and locating where they are used.
- Basic Workshop Machines, Basic Electricity, and Heat Treatment
- Drilling machine, Sheet metal, Basic electricity, Fuses & circuit breakers, Description of Chemical effects, Basic electronics, Introduction to welding and Heat Treatment Welding processes, Nondestructive Testing Methods.
- Tractor Engine Basics & Engine components
- Engine Basics: Classification of engines, Principle & working of 2&4-stroke diesel engine, Engine Components: Working principle & construction
- Description of Cylinder block, Cylinder block construction Description & function of connecting rod, Description of crankshaft & Camshafts, Cooling systems & Cooling system components, Lubrication system, Intake & exhaust systems, Intake system components, Exhaust system components
- Tractor Transmission System & Power Tiller
- Carburetor operation, Diesel Fuel Systems, Clutch, Manual transmissions, Final Drive & Drive Shaft, Steering & Suspension Systems, Wheels & Tyres, Braking Systems & components, Drum brakes & components, Disc brakes & components Description, working principle & use of power tiller, Tractor equipment
- Primary Tillage Implements and Soil Forming Equipment
- Types of tillage & their uses, Types of harrows & their uses, Types of the cultivator
- Secondary Tillage Implements and Irrigation Pumps
- Types of seed drills & their uses, Types of fertilizer applicators, Planters
- Harvesting Machines and Seed Processing Machines
Check the topic-wise detailed syllabus PDF: MECHANICAL AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY
Join our Kerala PSC latest exam courses and bag your dream job. Download Entri for all the information regarding the course.
Junior Instructor (Painter General) in the Industrial Training Department
|Topics||Allied trades||Safety precautions||Basic computer knowledge||Quality testing for various paints and painted films|
|Contents||Carpentry hand tools and simple joints
Sheet metal hand tools and simple joints
Plumping hand tools and fittings
|Safety-related to painting
Personnel Protective Equipment
Color code of different pipelines
|Viscosity, Dry film thickness, Weight per liter, Gloss finish, etc.|
|Topics||Painting defects & Remedies||Method of paintings (Metal, Wood & Wall)||Types of paints||Surface preparation (Meta, Wood & Wall)|
|Contents||Chalking, Peeling, Blistering, Wrinkling, Fading, Cracking, Orange peel, etc.||Brush painting
Varnish and polish
Ingredients of paints
|Topics||Painting tools||Freehand Drawing and Coloring|
Download the Free PDF Syllabus: PAINTER GENERAL
Junior Instructor (Interior Decoration and Designing) Industrial Training Department
- Module I: Elements of Interior Design
Definition of interior design-Differentiate between interior design and interior decoration, the role of an interior designer. Elements of interior design –point – line- curved line and straight line – horizontal, vertical and diagonal – plane- base plane, wall plane, overhead plane- Form- geometric and natural-shape – square, rectangle, triangle, circle-their role in visual perception. Colour- Definition, Qualities- hue, value, and intensity; Tint and shade; Classification of colors on the color wheel- primary, secondary and tertiary colors; Warm and cool colors, light, dark and dull colors; Colour schemes related to the color scheme- Monochromatic and analogous color schemes; Contrasting color scheme- complementary, double complementary, split complementary; triad; Psychological effect of colors. Texture- Definition, tactile and visual textures, explanation of rough and smooth textures- their role in visual perception.
- Module II: Lighting in Interiors
Light-Introduction of natural and artificial light – the importance of artificial lighting- different types of artificial lighting.
Different types of lighting arrangements – Direct lighting- Indirect lighting.
Types of lamps – Incandescent, Tungsten halogen, Florescent, Mercury, Sodium vapor, LED.
Lighting for different spaces.
- Module III: Principles of Interior Design
Principles- Balance-symmetrical, asymmetrical, radial- Proportion –Scale – Harmony (unity)-Contrast-Rhythm-Emphasis.
Practical applications – the role of form, color, texture, and light in creating balance, harmony, contrast, rhythm, etc.
Proportioning Systems- Golden section-Orders- Modulor-Ken-Anthropometric proportions.
- Module IV: Architectural Space
Definition of space, interior space, exterior space, transitional space; Characteristics of interior space-Quantity and Quality; Space modulation- definition, structural alteration – removing or adding walls, ceiling, windows, doors; qualitative alteration – expanding and lessening space using color, texture, pattern, mirror, furnishings.
- Module V: Enclosing and Transitional Elements
Enclosing elements: Wall, Ceiling, Floor- their functions, forms, and role in visual perception.
Transition elements: Doors, windows, stairs, and corridors.
Doors: Framed and paneled door, Glazed door, Flush door, Louvre door, Wire gauged door,
Revolving, Sliding (Aluminium), Swing door.
Windows: Casement window, Sliding window, Sash window, Louvre window, Bay window, Corner window, Dormer window, Gable window, Skylight window.
- Module VI: Furniture in Interiors
Role of furniture in interior design-furniture styles-ancient EgyptMesopotamia-Greece-Etruscan -Rome- Byzantium- Mediaeval-RomanesqueGothic-quattrocento-Cinquecento – Baroque -Settocento- Neoclassical Directoire-Rococo-empire-Art nouveau-Tudor(Elizabethan era). Classification according to materials used, Functional classification.
- Module VII: Materials for Interiors
Finishing materials- for walls, floor, and ceiling – criteria of selection, functional and aesthetic criteria, method of application. Materials for walls – wood paneling, vinyl, stone, marble, plaster, cladding, paint, texturing, ceramic tiles, wallpaper, plastic laminates. Materials for floors- Hard flooring – wood, stone, tile, and resilient flooring; Soft flooring – carpets and rugs – carpet installation.Finishing materials for ceiling- acoustic tiles, wood, plaster of Paris, thermocole.
- Module VIII: Curtains, Blinds, and Indoor Plants
Curtains and drapes – function-terminology-materials- different type grommet Curtains (Eyelet), Sheer Curtains, Rod Pocket Curtains, Tab Top Curtains, Pelmets and Valances, Window Scarf, Cafe Curtains, Pleated Drapes- Pinch Pleat Drapes, Goblet Pleat Drapes, Pencil Pleat Drapes, Cartridge Pleat Drapes, Tuxedo Pleat Drapes, Box Pleat Drapes.
Download the Complete Syllabus PDF: INTERIOR DECORATION AND DESIGNING
Entri will provide you the complete subject-wise classes covering all the topics related to all Kerala PSC exams. Lakhs of users have bagged their dream job with the help of Entri, along with their dedication and hard work.