Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) has released a notification on December 2022 (540/2022, 541/2022) regarding recruitment of Last Grade Servants. The Commission has invited applications to recruit Last Grade Servants, SR From Ex-Service Man of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates of Kerala state. The notification is available online on the official portal of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in. Applications must be submitted online only through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. The candidate must be aware that the one-time registration is the key step in the enrolling process. The last date for submitting the application is 18 January 2023.
The recruitment is conducted periodically based on the vacancy. This is a golden opportunity for aspirants to secure a government job. The exam date has not yet been announced. All the notifications and information will be released by the Commission through the official website.
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Recruitment Overview
|Name of recruiting organization||Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)|
|Name of department||Various|
|Name of post||Last Grade Servants|
|Number of vacancies||02|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of recruitment||Direct Recruitment (Special Recruitment from Ex-Serviceman of SC/ ST candidates only)|
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Vacancies
There are a total of 02 vacancies for the post of LSG in various departments. This vacancy is exclusively for candidates belonging to Ex Serviceman of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe. Applications received from candidates other than SC/ ST category will be rejected and the reason for rejection will not be issued. The district wise vacancies are as follows:
- Kottayam – 01 (540//2022)
- Kozhikode – 01 (540/2022)
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Important Dates
|Commencement of online application||15 December 2022|
|Last date for online application||Wednesday, 18th January 2023 (until 12 midnight)|
|Exam date||Yet to be announced|
|Result declaration||Yet to be announced|
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Salary
The pay scale provided by the Public Service Commission for the post of Last Grade Servant is Rs. 23,000 to Rs. 50,200
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Eligibility Criteria
The Commission has set forward certain criteria regarding eligibility of candidates. Only those candidates who fulfill these criteria will be considered for the post.
The age limit for candidates applying for the post of Last Grade Servant is 18 to 50 years i.e. Only candidates born between 2nd January 1972 and 1st January 2004 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post. In the absence of qualified candidates within the age limit, the upper age limit shall be relaxed up to fifty years but in no case shall the maximum age limit exceed fifty years.
The candidates should have passed standard VII and should not have acquired any degree. Candidates belonging to the Ex Servicemen who have acquired the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or equivalent certificate from Navy/Air-force shall be eligible to apply for this recruitment. Candidates possessing any degree (excluding graduation certificate from military service) are ineligible for this
post. If applications are submitted contrary to the above criteria and if the candidate is found selected, his/ her application will be summarily rejected, will be removed from the ranked list and disciplinary action/ punishment including removal from service will be taken against him/her at any stage of selection.
Candidates applying for the following posts require good physique and will be advised only after obtaining medical certificate issued by a Medical Officer in Government Service not below the rank
of Assistant surgeon:
- Matron, Balamandir Kozhikkode
- Watch woman in the welfare institution under Social Justice Department
- Cleaner and Sewer Cleaner in the Public Works Department
- Gate Keeper Grade II and Lascar Grade II in the Printing Department
Differently Abled persons are not eligible for appointment to the following posts included in the Kerala Last Grade Service:
- Night Watcher
- Marker (Medical College, Collegiate Education and Technical Education Department)
- Regular Marker (Animal Husbandry Department)
- Chainman (Land Revenue and Town Planning Department)
- Lascar Grade II/ Gate Keeper Grade II in Printing Department
Women candidates are not eligible for the below-mentioned posts
- Watchman (All categories), Watcher
- Night Watchman
- Guard/ Night Guard
- Cleaner cum conductor
- Cleaner (Boat cleaner, Tractor Cleaner, Van cleaner, Lorry cleaner, Ambulance cleaner)
- Gate keeper
- Bull keeper
- Animal keeper in Drugs Control Department
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Selection Process
If required, the Commission will conduct an OMR/ written exam to shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Last Grade Servant. The recruitment to the post of Last Grade Servant is conducted on the basis of a two stage written exam which consists of a preliminary round and a main examination round. The prelims exam is conducted for all the applicants who had applied for the exam. After the prelims, the commission will release the final rank list for the main exam based on the scores of candidates. This will be followed by an interview round and document verification. Appointment will be made on the basis of the rank secured in the ranked list of candidates prepared in pursuance of this notification. Every person appointed to a category shall be on probation for a total period of one year on duty within a continuous period of three years.
Kerala PSC Last Grade Servant Application Process
- Candidates should go through the official notification to ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid by the Commission.
- Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in
- Applicants must first register through One Time Registration.
- Once registration is done, candidates can proceed to apply online. Those who have already registered can skip the registration process.
- Candidates who have Aadhaar card should add Aadhaar card as I.D proof in their profile.
- Login using your user ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the notification regarding Last Grade Servant recruitment.
- Fill all the details carefully and upload the photo and other required documents. The name of the candidate and the date of the photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph uploaded should be taken after 31st December 2012. In the case of candidates who are creating a new profile the uploaded photograph must be taken within 6 months. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
- Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. However, the applications can be rejected if any noncompliance with the notification is found during the processing stage.
- If a Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates should submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period, will be rejected
- Candidates can take the printout of the application by clicking on the link ‘My applications’ in their profile.
There is no application fee for this post.
- Certificates to prove Educational qualification
- Certificates as proof of age
- Caste Certificate
- Personal ID card – Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license( any one)
Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time, and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
General information when uploading Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded can be in Color/ black and white.
- The face and shoulder of the candidate should be clearly visible
- Photo should be of 200 pixels height and 150 pixels width
- The file size should not exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light-colored or white in color
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, veil worn in adherence to religious custom), photographs showing a portion of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.
Important Information Regarding Kerala PSC Last Grade Service Recruitment
- Applications should not be submitted to more than one district in response to this notification. Doing so will lead to the removal of the candidate’s name from the Rank list and disciplinary action will be taken against him/ her. The name of the district should be mentioned against the relevant column of the online application.
- The list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year and a maximum period of three years.
- It is functional provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list.
- Candidates will be suggested from the said list against the vacancy noted above and the vacancies that may be reported to the Commission during the period of currency of the list.
- Candidates included in the Ranked List for district wise selection will be advised for appointment against the Head Quarters vacancies also.
- The selection in pursuance of this notification will be made on a Revenue District basis. A candidate advised appointment in one Revenue District from the Ranked List so prepared is not eligible for transfer to another district unless he/she completes five years continuous service from the date of commencement of
service in the former district. Even if transfer is allowed after five years, it will be subject to the rules laid by the Commission.
- Candidates already in Government service holding this post in any one district are prohibited from applying again for this post
- Watch Woman in the Welfare Institution under Social Justice Department will be filled up from the woman candidates only. Any other posts identified for woman candidates will be filled up from
the woman candidates after obtaining willingness.
- Persons professing Hindu faith alone will be appointed to the posts in the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Departments.
- Vacancies for Last Grade Service in Kerala Municipal Common Service will also be filled up from the Ranked List prepared in pursuance of this notification without obtaining willingness from the candidates.
- Only one common Ranked List will be prepared for the various posts in the Last Grade Servants of the post applied for as Last Grade Service.
- Those candidates who have claimed equivalency for qualifications should produce the Government order proving the same at the time of certificate verification in order to consider as equivalent.
- If the caste of candidates is wrongly mentioned in their SSLC book, they should claim their original caste in their applications and should produce community certificate issued from concerned revenue authority and the Gazette Notification for the same at the time of certificate verification.
|Kerala PSC LGS Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC LGS Notification||Kerala PSC LGS Selection Process|
|Kerala PSC LGS Syllabus||Kerala PSC LGS Video Course|
|Kerala PSC LGS Exam Date||Kerala PSC LGS Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC LGS Application Form||Kerala PSC LGS Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC LGS Vacancy||Kerala PSC LGS Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC LGS Admit Card||Kerala PSC LGS Salary|
|Kerala PSC LGS Study Plan||Kerala PSC LGS Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC LGS Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC LGS Result|
|Kerala PSC LGS Best Books||Kerala PSC LGS Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC LGS Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC LGS Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC LGS Answer Key|