Table of Contents
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer Recruitment 2023: Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) has released a notification on December 2023 regarding vacancy in the forest department. Kerala PSC is looking to recruit Beat Forest Officer from tribal candidates who depend of forest for livelihood and general category through direct recruitment (556/2022 – 563/2022). Interested candidates can now visit the official website to know more about this vacancy. Those aspiring to apply for this post should go through the eligibility criteria and submit their applications by Wednesday, 18th January 2023. This can be done by logging in to the official website of Kerala PSC – http://www.keralapsc.gov.in/
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer Recruitment 2023: Overview
|Name of recruiting organization||Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)|
|Name of the post||Beat Forest Officer|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of recruitment||Direct recruitment|
|Scale of pay||Rs. 20,000 – 45,800|
|Age limit||18 to 41 years|
|Online application commencement date||16th December 2022|
|Last date for online application||18th January 2023|
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer Notification 2023 PDF
Analyzing detailed information regarding any job vacancies is essential before applying for any position in which you are interested. Are you interested in Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer Vacancy? Do you want to know the recruitment process in detail? To familiarize themselves with the hiring procedure, interested candidates must read the Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer PDF in its entirety. Applicants waiting to apply for the vacancies can now check and download Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer Notification PDF from the Kerala PSC website or the direct link below.
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer 2023: Important Dates
Candidates interested in applying for Beat Forest Officer Vacancy 2023 should keep in mind the important dates for the selection process listed below:
|Commencement of online application||December 25, 2023|
|Last date for online application||January 18, 2023|
|Exam date||May 09, 2023|
|Admit Card||April 25, 2023|
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer 2023 Vacancies
The total number of vacancies for the post of Beat Forest Officer is 300. The vacancies are in two parts:
- Part I: 60% of vacancies will be for applicants from general category.
- Part II: 40% vacancies for daily wage laborers in the Forest department. The applicants must have completed 500 days as a daily wage laborer.
Applicants belonging to general category should apply only for the vacancies in their district. Applying for vacancies in other districts can lead to the rejection of application.
District Wise Vacancies
|District||Number of vacancies|
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer Recruitment 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid by the Commission. Applications of those who do not meet the criteria will be rejected. Read on to know more about the eligibility criteria.
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer 2023 Age Limit
Candidates aspiring to apply for the post of Beat Forest Officer should be in the age limit 19 to 35 years. Age relaxation is not applicable for this recruitment.
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer 2023 Educational Qualification
Candidates applying for the post of Beat Forest Officer should have passed 12th Grade or any equivalent examination or those who have completed 12th Class but not passed the exam or any equivalent qualification. The Commission will first priority to those who have passed 12th Class Only in the absence of such candidates, the commission will consider those who have completed 12th Grade. Candidates who have completed Animal Handling in Zoo and Forest course will also be given preference.
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer 2023 Physical and Medical Standards
All candidates applying for the post of Beat Forest Officer, irrespective of gender, should possess certain physical standards as required by the Commission.
- Height – Candidates should have a minimum height of 168 cm
- Chest- It should be minimum of 81 cm round the chest and must have an expansion of 5 cm on full inhalation.
- Height – Candidates should have a minimum height of 157 cm. (For SC/ST – 150 cm)
- Chest – Not applicable
All candidates should possess the following medical standards:
- Ear: Hearing should be perfect.
- Eyes: Must possess the required visual standards without glasses. Color blindness, squint and other morbid conditions can lead to disqualification.
- Muscles and joints: They should not be paralyzed and should have free movement in all the joints.
- Nervous system: Is should be normal and free from any infectious diseases.
- Must be free from apparent physical defects like Knock-knee, Flat Foot, Varicose vein, Bow legs, deformed limbs, irregular and protruding tooth, defective speech and hearing.
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer 2023 Physical Efficiency Test
All the male candidates must qualify in any of the Five events out of the Eight events specified below of the National Physical Efficiency One Star Standard Test for men.
|Events||One Star Standards|
|100 meters run||14 secs|
|High Jump||132.2 cm|
|Long Jump||457.2 cm|
|Putting the Shot(7264 gm)||609.6 cm|
|Throwing the cricket ball||609.6 cm|
|Rope climbing (only by using hands)||365.8 cm|
|Pull ups or Chinning||8 times|
|1500 meters race||5 minutes 44 seconds|
All the Female candidates must qualify in any of the Five events out of the Nine events specified below of the National Physical Efficiency One Star Standard Test for women.
|Events||One Star Standards|
|100 meters run||17 secs|
|High Jump||106 cm|
|Long Jump||305 cm|
|Putting the Shot (4000 gm)||400cm|
|200 meters run||36 seconds|
|Throwing a throw ball||1400 cm|
|Pull ups or Chinning||8 times|
|Shuttle race (4 x 25 m)||26 seconds|
|Skipping (1 Minute)||80 times|
Candidates will be subject to physical measurements. Only those who clear this will be able to attempt the Physical Efficiency Test. If in case any candidate gets injured during the Physical Efficiency test, they will not be given a second chance.
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer 2023 Application Process
- Before applying for the vacancy, candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission – www.keralapsc.gov.in
- The username and password obtained after registration should be saved for all future correspondence.
- Next log in to your profile using this user id and password.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the Beat Forest Officer Notification link.
- Fill in all the required fields.
- Upload a photo which should taken on or after 31 December 2012.
- There is no application fee for this post.
- Before the final submission of the application, ensure the correctness of the information on your profile. Applications once submitted cannot be deleted or altered.
- After completing the application form and uploading the photo, click the submit button.
- Take a printout of the application by clicking the link ‘Applications’ in your profile.
- Candidates will have to produce documents to prove age, educational qualification, community, experience etc. as and when required.
- Copy of Certificate as proof of age (Birth certificate/ S.S.L.C certificate etc.)
- Copy of Educational Certificates
- Caste Certificate from Tahsildar
- Animal Handling in Zoo and Forest course certificate (if applicable)
- Form I (Testimonial from Range Forest Officer)
- Form II (Testimonial from Tribal Extension Officer/ Tribal Development Officer/ Project Officer)
- Copy of the Personal Title deed received by the family in respect of individual rights under the Forest Rights Act of 2006.
There is no application fee needed to apply for this post.
Kerala PSC Beat Forest Officer 2023 Selection Process
OMR exam will be conducted by the Commission depending on the number of applicants. This exam will be held in August, 2023. Selection will be made on the basis of Rank List prepared for this recruitment for each district and also based on the special reservation for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST). The rank list will be valid for a minimum of one year and a maximum of 3 years. If an exam is conducted for the same recruitment after an year of publication or rank list, then that rank list will be nullified.
There will be special recruitment from candidates whose livelihood depends on the forest and from the Scheduled Tribe candidates who belong to the Adivasi community.