Table of Contents
UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is noted to be a national level exam which is operated by NTA (National testing Agency) on behalf of the University Grants Commission. It is for approving the eligibility of aspirants for the respective posts of ‘Assistant Professor’ or ‘Junior Research Fellowship’.
The UGC NET 2022 online registrations and application shall begin in March 2022 on the official website after the release of the official announcement.
So, if you are training for the NET Exam, then you should understand the visions of UGC NET Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude.
Here are the entire details of Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude for UGC NET like syllabus, notes, tips, and tricks for the exam, and more.
UGC NET Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
UGC NET Paper 1 Mathematical Reasoning is an important aspect of the UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2020-21. With good practice and UGC NET Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude Notes, you can smoothly attempt all the questions in the Paper-I exam precisely.
Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Average Question – 6 Questions of 12 Marks.
- Difficulty Level – Easy to Moderate Level.
- Type of Questions – Conceptual /Code Based, Numerical Questions, Statement Based Direct Questions.
- Most Important Subtopics (Require Regular Practice) – Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages, etc.) and also Number series, Letter series, Codes, and Relationships.
UGC NET Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude Syllabus
Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude is a component of UGC NET Paper 1. Through the given details you can check the whole Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude Test syllabus released by the official.
- Kinds of reasoning.
- Number series, Letter series, Codes, and Relationships.
- Mathematical Aptitude contains Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages, etc.
- Try to examine the given pattern in UGC NET Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude such as prime numbers, perfect squares, cubes, series of general numbers like Mathematics progression (AP/GP), etc.
- If you are incapable to discover the familiar number: –
- Compute distinction between the provided series elements
- Then follow the pattern indifference to see if following any regular pattern or learned numbers.
- If the numbers are rising slowly its must be addition or subtraction series.
- If the numbers are rising rapidly it might be a Square series or cube or multiplicative series.
- If the distinction or sum doesn’t have any special pattern it must be an alternate number series.
- Now, You ought to indicate that the series follows a complicated pattern. Study for cases like multiplying the number and adding/subtracting a constant number from it to match the pattern.
- There is no prescribed way to solve number series. The Greatest trick is to recognize the numbers in the series and move accordingly.
Questions on number series are persisting in most of the examinations. Nearly 1-2 Questions come in the exam from this topic.
- These questions are established on numerical sequences that pursue a logical rule/ pattern based on elementary arithmetic concepts.
- A distinct series is given from which the pattern must be examined. You are then asked to predict the next number in the series following the same rule.
- There are some numbers that are incorrectly put into the series of numbers and you ought to determine or correct them.
Identify Common Patterns in Number Series
The common patterns which are asked in number series topic are-
Arithmetic Series – This could be of two types. in which the next term is acquired by adding/subtracting a constant number to its previous term. “Common difference” is the key here. Example: 3, 8, 13, 18 [In the given series pattern is continued by adding 5 to the last number each time]
Similarly, this could be combined with Arithmetic Sequences with the differences of consecutive numbers themselves form an arithmetic series.
Example: 1, 4, 8, …… [ in the given series 4 – 1 = 3, 8 – 4= 4, …
Now, we get an arithmetic sequence 3, 4,]
Geometric Sequence is multiplying by the same value each time for example – 1, 4, 8, 32, … [ The pattern is continued by multiplying by 4 each time…]
- Squares and cubes-
- The pattern in differences-
The pattern in alternate numbers-
As the title of the series specifies, this kind of series may consist of two series-connected into a single series. The alternating terms of this series may include an independent series in itself.
Tips and Tricks for Number series
- Number series questions are specially numbered in the series are related to each other. When you recognize the connection, cracking the question becomes more comfortable for you.
- Recognize the pattern asked in the question. Once you recognize the pattern, decrypting the questions would be much more comfortable.
- Once you have specified the pattern, use it to the number before/ after the missing number in the series to get the answer.
Comprehend the basic concepts of Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude so that you can have in-depth learning of them. Learn all the significant definitions during the exam day. Solve previous year’s question papers and UGC NET Mock Test Papers to know your strong and weak zones. Avoid stuffing for better learning methods to concentrate more on understanding the real meanings and methods.
The study notes provided here have connected all these topics and explained them in an easier way. Along with these notes, it is good to have explored the UGC NET Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude Books that cover all the topics. Make sure you have the right book for practice that will help you to get good marks.
Apart from all these tips, it is very crucial to be confident and stay positive. Without that nothing can be accomplished. Stay clear and attain your goals.
Students training for the UGC NET Paper 1 comprehend that Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude are some of the most significant sections of the paper 1 syllabus. The primary objective of UGC NET EXAM PAPER is to access the teaching and research quality of the candidates. Through this article, the Entri Learning App is desired at collecting all required details and UGC NET Paper 1 Notes for better study.