Table of Contents
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) is an organized official authority which is conducting exams yearly to recruit candidates for the various posts in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The commission has recently called for the submission of various application forms from the most eligible and skilled candidates. Those who are appearing for the UPPSC exams are prone to commit errors. Avoiding mistakes while preparing and attending exams are the most important things to be noted down. The candidates should avoid the common errors to fetch high scores and ranks in the upcoming examinations. Learn how to crack the upcoming UPPSC exam. Read further to explore the Mistakes to avoid while preparing UPPSC Exam.
Bygones are bygones! Let’s start fresh! Let’s rectify our past mistakes and move forward through the right path. This article will help you to identify the most common errors or mistakes that candidates usually commit. This page will help you to rectify those mistakes.
Avoid Mistakes in the UPPSC Exam to Score Better!
There would be many hiccups along the way of preparing for the UPPSC exam. This is not an easy journey. The aspirants should be goal-oriented. The best way to crack the examination is to understand the whole nature and colour of each competitive exams. The aspirants should keep certain points in mind to avoid committing errors in future. Those aspirants who are keen enough to crack the exam should stay positive and move forward with confidence. The attitude towards the exam can change the outlook of the UPPSC exam. To avoid any mistakes while preparing for the exam, the candidates should first understand and locate the common errors committing by the candidates. Solve the problem from its roots and march ahead!
Here is the list of some common errors that the aspirants are prone to commit
Watch Out for the UPPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern
If you are planning for preparing for the upcoming UPPSC exam, get to know the right methods to crack the exam better. Make sure you avoid the errors while preparation to grab the best score in the exam. Make your preparation in the right way and know the UPPSC preparation tips here. With the syllabus and exam pattern make a clear idea of how to prepare for UPPSC exam.
Approaching Syllabus in a Wrong Way
- UPPSC syllabus is the most essential aspect of the exam.
- UPPSC syllabus is vast, but it to not like a wayward child
- UPPSC syllabus should be seen as the most basic foundation for cracking the examination
- Candidates should approach the syllabus seriously
- Understanding the thrust areas is a must thing to be done by the candidates
- The syllabus structure does not comprise everything under the sun, but the most essential affairs
- It should be treated as the baseline or boundary for the preparation
- Sticking to the syllabus is the necessity
- Try not to deviate from the main syllabus
- Sticking to the syllabus will help the candidates to save time and energy
- Candidates are advised to understand the depth of the syllabus to score more marks
- Approach the syllabus in the right way and locate the key thrust points in the syllabus for smooth preparation.
- Know the syllabus and its nuisance thoroughly before preparing for the exam
Lack of Understanding the Demands of UPPSC Syllabus
- A most common error on the part of the candidates
- Lack of knowledge about the demand of the syllabus will not help you to crack the exam effectively
- The syllabus demands knowledge about the essentials as a citizen
- Know the best strategy to crack the exam by dividing the syllabus into weak and strong section
- Try to allot more time to the weak section
- It is important to identify the most important and demanding topics from the syllabus.
Unaware of the Exam Pattern
- Understanding the exam pattern is an unavoidable aspect of the UPPSC exam
- The exam pattern will be revised yearly, so stick on to the revised exam pattern
- Understanding the exam pattern before the preparation is most advisable
- It helps you to form the strategy and an active working timetable
- Knowing exam pattern will give familiarity with the exam
- Keep in mind the essence of the exam pattern, so that candidates can crack the exam tension free
How to Learn Effectively? Mistakes to Avoid?
While preparing for the UPPSC examination, the candidates should be aware to create an effective study plan and a better strategy which suits them to follow the study plan. Don’t make unnecessary study plans which cannot be fulfilled. those plans will often lead to disappointment. So think positive and make a useful and acceptable sudy plan as per your time schedule and ability.
Not Having a Study Plan
- The proper plan is an essential thing to crack the exam
- Make a clear UPPSC study plan
- Adopt all the best strategies to crack the exam
- Only proper planning will help the candidates to crack the exam
- Allot time for each paper, newspaper reading, test practising and revision
- Allot time for studying the weak areas more keenly
- If you are unable to build a study plan due to the vast syllabus, you can download Entri App and go according to the customised study plan for UPPSC in it.
Inclusive Preparation Strategy
- The candidates are advised to prepare for the exam comprehensively
- Analise the exam pattern systematically
- Try not to prepare one after another, instead prepare for the battle with all the essential tools
- Never consider Prelims and mains as a separate entity, treat both the exams as part of the recruitment and approach wisely
Are You Giving Equal Importance to all Topics?
- Candidates should give equal importance to all topics
- The topics should be carefully handled
- Take short notes and lecture notes on each topic as it can help you to improve 5he performance of the candidates
- Avoid reading more on selected topics or important topics prescribed by experts
- Avoid reading the topics that candidates are more interested in
- As this is a highly competitive exam, the candidates are advised not to miss out on any of the topics.
- Cover the entire topics to handle the questions with confidence
Avoid Referring to Random Materials for One Topic
- Choosing the apt materials for the preparation is the most essential criteria for the preparation
- Avoid collecting and rewarding random materials for the same topic
- Locate the most important reference material for the single topic and cover the material thoroughly
- Try not to refer to different materials for single topics
- This can create confusion and stress in the mind of the candidates
- Candidates should absorb the content and recall the points whenever they are asked for.
- So, it is strictly advised not to use random materials instead stick on to the core reference texts.
Ignoring Previous Year Question Papers
- The best way to crack the UPPSC exam is to solve the maximum number f the previous year question paper
- But many of the candidates ignore this very important fact
- Solving the previous year question paper is the key to unlock the UPPSC exam
- The question paper can help the candidates to locate the repeated questions
- It can help the candidates to identify the important areas in the syllabus
- The previous year question paper can only give the familiarity with the exam
- Solving the previous year question paper will help you to learn the time management
- If you are not using the best strategy to crack the exam, you will have to spend your extra time and effort.
- Candidates are advised to go through at least 3 to 5 years previous question papers
Ignoring Mock Test Practice
- UPPSC exam is highly competitive. Ignoring mock tests or online test series can cause a negative impact
- practice is vital to stand out from the competitors.
- As a negative marking system is applicable, the candidates should not avoid the mock test series.
- An only mock test can help the candidates to crack the exam strategically
- Practising with the mock test can help the candidates to save time and adopt the most effective method to solve the question paper
- The candidates will get a familiarity
Spending Too Much Time for Newspaper Reading
- Newspaper reading is essential to crack the UPPSC exam
- But spending the whole day with the newspaper won’t help the candidates to crack the exam
- List down the important news and try to pick out the important ideas from the newspaper
- Prepare short notes regularly
- Give importance to other areas like GK, essay topics, optional etc.
- Try to stick to one topic.
Not Taking Notes Regularly
- The candidates are advised not to simply read the topics but to prepare short notes regularly
- Taking notes can help the candidates to revise the topics effectively
- Develop a habit of daily note
- The most basic books available in the market for the preparation of UPPSC is NCERT, stop avoiding the reading of NCERTs
- The book can be treated as the foundation book for the basics and the concepts
- Never ignore the book which guarantees the success
Fail to Choose the Right Books
- Candidates should be keen enough to select the best books for studying purpose
- Selecting the wrong book can adversely affect the performance of the candidates
- Refer and take opinions from others before considering a book for study
- The best book can help you to score better marks
- There is no need to refer to too many books for preparation. Remember, “Too many cooks spoil the broth. “Stick on to the best book that can help you to fetch maximum score.
- If you are confused where to find study materials for UPPSC, try Entri App.
- Get access to unlimited authentic study tools by efficient tutors.
- You can also search for e-books in various sites like – zlib, PDFDrive, Archieve.org, Librarygenesis
Not Giving Importance to Optional Subject
- Optional subjects are as important as the main topics
- Never try to ignore the optional subjects
- Give equal importance and focus on the optional subjects too
Not Practising Essay Writing
- practice essay writing for exam
- Understand the importance of each topic and attend essays
- The essay paper plays a crucial role in determining the final results of the candidates
- Do not ever try to take it lightly
- Candidates should practise and write at least one essay topic weekly
Not adequately Covering Current Affairs
- A general tendency among the aspirants is that they won’t adequately cover current affairs
- Never try to copy information from the wrong source
- Current affairs are very important sections and many questions will be asked from this area
- The newspapers can help the candidates to cover up the important areas. Try to stick on to one newspaper to take short notes for further revisions
- Choosing the best option is a necessity
Selecting The Wrong Optional
- optional papers are very significant in determining the final ranks
- choosing the wrong optional subject can adversely affect your chance of securing ranks
- Candidates should be careful while choosing the optional subject.
- the selection of optional for UPPSC should be based on the interest for the subject
Stay Calm and Motivated! The Don’t Before Exam!
You might have effectively prepared for the exam, but being nervous in the last minute can ruin the whole effort that you put forward for the preparation. First of all, stay calm and confident about yourself and avoid the following mistakes just before the exam days.
Not having a Balanced View
- Aspirants should have a balanced view of things.
- The answers should be written clearly and neatly
- The balanced perspective should be visible in your answers
- A balanced view can help the candidates to score high marks
Avoid too Much Discussion with Studying Partners
- If you want to remain tension free, avoid overthinking and over the discussion
- Be optimistic and confident about the exam
- The discussions over the single topics will cloud the minds of the candidates
- Attend the exam with a positive outlook
Avoiding Revision Plans
- Candidates should plan the revision time and topics before the finals
- The revision is the essential aspect of every competitive exam
- The candidates are advised to revise the materials twice or more than before attending the exam
Never Fall as a Victim to Online Traps
- Never spend too much time on online websites
- Never avoid the focus on the study plans and strategy.
- Spending too much time on online resources could not help the candidates to score better marks.
- If you are confused about the authentic study guides and online governmental coaching apps, you can always try Entri App
- Entri App enables the best teaching methodologies, where you are introduced to study plans and creative study methodologies.
- After the video classes and mock tests, you will be well-prepared for the exam with effective notes, study materials
Don’t Lose Your Confidence
- Avoid unnecessary pressures.
- Attend the exam confidently
- Shut out negativity and start positively.
- Face the exam with courage and confidence
Stay positive to face the hurdles! All the best!
Read more articles on UPPSC