The National Defence is the combination of cadets from the three services in the Indian Military: Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force. The National Defence Academy in Pune, Maharashtra is the first tri-service academy in the world. While World Civil Defence Day is celebrated every year on March 01 to bring the attention of the world public about the importance of Civil protection, India Celebrates March 03 as National Defense Day. In India, Army Day is celebrated on 15 January, Navy Day is celebrated on 4 December and Air Force Day is celebrated on 8 October every year and 7 December is celebrated as Armed Forces Flag Day.
The Theme for the Nationa Defense day is “IT’S MY TURN”.
National Defense Day
- The Sudanese Government in 1941 gave a hundred thousand pounds to the Governor-General of India during World War II to build a war memorial for the sacrifices of Indian Men in the liberation of Sudan during the East Africa Campaign.
- In 1946, then Field Marshal Claude Auchinleck and Commander in Chief of Indian Army submitted a report to the Indian Government, which resulted in the establishment of Joint Service Military Academy
- The Joint Services Wing (JSW) is an interim training academy commissioned on January 01, 1949. At the Indian Military Academy in Dehradun. Jawaharlal Nehru on October 06, 1949, laid the foundation for the National Defence Academy.
- The National Defence Academy formally commissioned in December 1954 with an inauguration ceremony held on January 16, 1955.
- In India, National Defense Day is celebrated on March 03.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.