The notification for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) cycle III vacancies has been released by the North East Postal circle. Interested candidates may go through the notification and apply if found eligible. Here is more details on the North East Postal circle recruitment 2020.
North East Postal Circle Recruitment 2020
- Branch postmaster (BPM)
- Assistant branch postmaster (ABPM)
- Dak sevak
- Starting Date for Registration & Payment of Fee: 12-11-2020
- Date for Registration & Payment of Fee: 11-12-2020
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 12-11-2020
- Last Date to Apply Online: 11-12-2020
- Minimum age – 18 years (as on 12.11.2020)
- Maximum age – 40 years (as on 12.11.2020)
The permissible relaxation for the upper age limit for different categories is as follows:
Permissible age relaxation
|Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 years|
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics, local language and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects).
- Compulsory knowledge of local language: The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects].
- Basic computer training: All candidates are required to produce a Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
Note: Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motor cycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling. The candidate has to submit a declaration to this effect.
- For UR/ OBC/ EWS Male/ Trans-Man: Rs. 100/-
- Female, SC/ST candidates, PwD & Trans- Woman Candidates: Nil
Pay the fee through Credit/ Debit cards & Net Banking
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidates apply with grades only his application liable for disqualification.
- If the mark’s lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST trans-woman, ST female, SC trans-woman, SC female, OBC trans-woman, OBC female, EWS trans-woman, EWS female, UR trans-woman, UR female, ST trans-male, ST Male, SC trans-male, SC Male, OBC trans-male, OBC male, EWS trans-male, EWS male, UR trans-male, UR male.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per cycle of online engagement.
- Applicants submitted applications with incomplete/incorrect data will also be rejected from consideration.
How to apply for Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Post?
- Candidates must ensure to go through the notification and instructions thoroughly and understood well before registering himself for applying online.
- Only one Registration is to be made for one candidate.
- Only online application will be accepted from the candidate.
- Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself / herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline with effect from 12.11.2020 to 11.12.2020 and fill the basic details to obtain the registration number.
- Pay the fees as per the category.
- Fill in the details
- Upload documents.
- Submit Post preferences.
- Preview and take print out.