National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day is abbreviated to PAILRD. It is a day of honouring those who experienced loss to miscarriage or suddenly an infant died or stillbirth or the death of a newborn. 15th of October is the day when people around the globe take the opportunity and reflect, honour, and come together regarding pregnancy and infant loss.
Losing an infant is devastating and depressing so if you have a loved one who has experienced or is experiencing something like this, lend your helping hand. You should shower them with love and care until they can collect themselves again. Becoming a parent is undoubtedly one of the most magical, joyous and gratifying moments in anyone’s life.
The journey of creating a new life is exciting and one with an incomparable amount of happiness. One’s life changes after the arrival of a child. It is a start of a new and different kind of life. Pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day 2021 is going to be celebrated with all the efforts!
Even though parents do their best to protect these infants, there are times when they cannot be protected because of various health issues and medical problems. This results in grief and frustration for parents.
Date and History of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day 2021
This day was established in the year 2002 to celebrate and remember babies who expired even before turning 1. It is a movement that was first begun by Robyn Bear, Lisa Brown, and Tammy Novak. They petitioned the United States federal government to recognise this specific day in October.
Since the year 2000, the US government declared October as the month of pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day to be observed every year on October 15. This is mostly celebrated in western countries like the USA, UK, Canada and others. A day when people try to bring about awareness by freely talking about pregnancy-related losses including miscarriages, stillbirths and others.
Here is a pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day 2021 Quote one should read –
“Countless times things were said to us that discouraged us from speaking about our loss ‘oh we were able to have another one, ‘I guess it was good she was so small and you weren’t further along. Knowing how to approach people who have lost is such an important thing, we as a community need to know how to respond to loss appropriately.”
Well, there is no particular pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day 2021 theme but the aim remains the same of creating awareness and lending support to the parents going through a loss.
Turning the UK pink and blue
More than 160 buildings and landmarks were lit up pink and blue during Baby Loss Awareness Week, including the Blackpool Tower. This took place in the Kelpies, Belfast City Hall, the BT Tower, Marble Arch, the Millennium Bridge at Gateshead, Cardiff City Hall and many others.
Supporting Bereaved Parents
There are many ways to support the bereaved parents in your life/community, including:
- One should learn how to help friends and family going through this.
- Keep a check that your local hospital/doctors guide your people to a healthy pregnancy.
- Performing an Act of Kindness in memory of the baby gone too soon.
- Participating in a “Walk To Remember”. There are many nonprofits that host walks to honour and remember pregnancy loss and infant death.
- Remembering the baby is a vital part. This helps one heal.
- Making people learn more about pregnancy and infant loss.
Significance of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day 2021
One has to surely go through a mental disturbance because of this loss, thus it is important to create awareness so people can talk about it openly like any other topic.
- Allows parents to grieve in various ways
Many parents do not talk about it and feel all the pain silently. On this day, parents get the space to come together and express their emotions about the loss endured.
- Providing a caring touch
This topic is quite emotional. But National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day help parents to talk while teaching others how to be supportive.
- There is a candlelight vigil featured around the world
National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day include a candlelight vigil beginning at 7 pm local time. People in U.S., Europe, and Africa celebrate this day with all their efforts.
If you are someone who has gone through this or know someone who is struggling with this, contact your local organisation to get help. There are various events organized on this day and you can lend a helping hand.
How Entri will help you with the preparation for Competitive Examinations
- You will be provided with an online platform to prepare for the exam.
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class.
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties.
- One will get revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes.
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full-length mock tests including previous year question papers.
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts.