Table of Contents
Are you passionate about becoming a next-generation programming expert? Python is a great place to start if you are looking for a highest-paying IT job. We will walk you through the prospect of Python Developers Salary for Freshers in India. Though the language is new, its popularity is increasing tremendously every year. The language has gained popularity among the developers to prefer Python rather than Java, C#, and PHP. Because this language is simple and it is easy to learn with basic coding skills. If you are interested in learning Data Science, Machine Learning, Web-Development, then Python is your key! Let’s discuss about Python developers’ demand with their salary potential in this blog.
About Python & Its Significance
Python is a dynamic and high-level programming language extensively used to develop websites and applications, perform automated operations, and machine learning. According to a survey, Python ranked third among all the programming languages; also, it remains the most loved programming language preferred by Web and Application developers. Besides, the potentiality of Python is very versatile, exponentially increasing, and has broader applications. Hence, the Python Developer Salary keeps on increasing to the peak, comparable to Java and other competitive coding languages. Let us take a look into Python’s specialized features and computing benefits.
Special Features of Python
Python has several special features, that is why the language remains the most preferred and versatile tool for every programmer. Let’s discuss the topmost features along with their descriptions.
- Simple to Learn and Implement – The syntax used in Python is almost similar to the English language. It’s very easy for beginners and there is no need to use curly brackets, semicolons, and code blocks.
- Expressive Programming Language – Python affords the easiest way to perform complex tasks through a few lines of code whereas Java and other programming languages require multiple code lines to execute.
- Portable and Interpreted Language – The feature of executing one line at a time provides the easiest way to debug and make portable.
- Platform Independent – Python can operate on a number of platforms, including Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Macintosh. As a result, we may state that Python is a versatile scripting language. It enables programmers to write applications for multiple competitive platforms while creating only one code.
- Open-Source Software – Python is a free programming language that anyone can use. On its official website, www.python.org, it is free and accessible. It has a large community worldwide striving tirelessly to establish new Python packages and operations. The Python community welcomes contributions from everyone.
- Object-Oriented Language – Python features object-oriented computing, which provides the concepts of classes and objects. It allows for heredity, flexibility, and packaging, among many other features. The object-oriented method aids programmers in writing reusable code and developing applications with less code.
- Expanded and Extensible – This feature allows users to utilize C or C++ codes to modify and improvise in Python.
- Extended Library Standard – Python provides a wide range of supporting libraries from machine learning to scripting. Some examples for libraries were Pytorch, Tensors, Pandas, and Keras.
- Programming Support with GUI – The Graphical User Interface is mostly used for developing desktop and its related applications, but libraries like PyQT5 and Kivy are used for development of web applications.
- Integrated and Embeddable – As Python is versatile, it can be integrated with C, C++, and Java. In addition, Python allows programmers to use its source code to embed other language codes.
About Python Developer or Programmer
A Python Developer tends to work on the server-side of development projects, scripting, developing, deploying, and troubleshooting them (or back-end). They may, however, be willing to facilitate corporations with their digital infrastructure. On the other hand, Python Programmers are also concerned with coding and computing. Both of them play an important role for the development of Python Programs and its supported web-application.
Python Developer Salary in India
The Python Programmer Salary in India varies from entry-level to experienced. Also, it differs based on the work experience the candidate has and performance. So, the estimated fresher’s salary for Python developers ranges from 2.5 to 4.2 LPA, and experienced salary exceeds 20 LPA. Here the chart shows approximated salaries for freshers in Indian IT firms.
Critical Roles and Responsibilities of a Python Developers
Python Web Developer
- Creating, Writing, and Scripting Reusable, Scalable, and Efficient Code
- Analyzing and Implementing Codes to meet business requirements
- Developing backend and frontend components for incorporation proper security and logging principles
- Debugging, Testing, and Validating Applications
- Enhancing and Improving the functionalities of existing applications
- Collecting the bunch of structured and unstructured data
- Sorting and processing the data for company’s insight.
- Developing and delivering potential applications for intelligence data analytics, and its related strategies.
- Resolving complex issues through proper troubleshooting and data-driven solutions.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Designing, Modifying, and Developing Machine Learning Tools and Models
- Training the Machine Learning Models
- Compiling Data in a Datasheet to train the models
- Utilizing the Statistical approach to tune the results
- Implementing advanced Machine learning models, tools, and algorithms to meet the client’s requirements
Factors that determine the Salary of a Python Developer
- Work Experience – The Python Developer Salary Entry Level is about 2.5 to 4.0 LPA whereas the salary package of a mid-senior level is about 4.0 to 8.0 LPA. Therefore, the years of prior experience determines the salary package of applicants.
- Work Location – Numerous IT sectors have been offering Python Developer posts across leading centers that are Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, and Mumbai. Therefore, the Python Developer Salary in India for Freshers varies from 3.54 to 7.81 LPA.
- Job Role – As discussed earlier, the type of Job role determines the fundamental salary package of freshers at Python Centers.
Reasons to Learn Python
There are multiple reasons for freshers who are looking for Python Developer Posts. Let’s discuss the prime factors to consider Python
- Python language is easy to use and learn, it affords readability, and ensures the easiest of all programming languages.
- It has multiple library supports, frameworks, and supportive packages.
- It has wider applications in the following domains: healthcare, financial services, marketing, education, and recruiting.
- The language can be dynamically typed and extended.
- Global Tech giants such as Facebook, Amazon, YouTube, IBM, Netflix, and NASA use Python as their primary programming language.
Wondering what is the range of Python developer salary in India?
Before going deep into that, do you know why Python is so popular now?
Python has been taking the world of programming by storm since the last decade, and with each passing year, it is only growing in popularity. Surprisingly, the language is 3-decades old and has even surpassed ‘traditional languages’ such as Java, C# and PHP.
According to the 2019’s StackOverflow’s Developer Survey, Python is the 2nd most loved programming language in the world.
As a result of its versatile nature, it has become one of the most high-in-demand technologies around the world. Having data science certification from a recognized institute can improve your salary.
Python Developers Job Roles
Web development is never going out of demand. Web development requires robust and flexible languages, and Python fits the bill. Frameworks like Django and Flask have helped create amazing web applications that have stood the test of time and user load.
As a result, the demand for Django and Flask developers is rapidly growing and the development market is seeing a large migration from the PHP/.NET region towards Python. The high package of a Django web developer is an example of a typical Python developer’s salary.
According to estimates by Glassdoor.in, the average salary of a Python programmer in India in website development is around ₹ 43,504 per month. This differs from region to region.
Python Web Developer Salary in India
Average web developer annual salary in India is ₹309,161, for experience between 1 to 4 years. For an Entry-level web developer, with the experience range lesser than 1 year, the average salary is ₹225,076 per year.
For senior-level web developers, the average annual salary (10 to 19 years’ experience), goes up to ₹1,000,000 per annum.
A High Paying Salary and a bright future in Python : Some Key Stats
The career opportunities in Python, as well as the salary structure in Python, go hand in hand. Naturally, the scope for Python is very high. The salaries for a Python developer are high, not just in India, but also in countries like the UK and the US since Python is the fastest-growing programming language in these countries.
The average salary of a Python developer in India with 2 to 4 years of experience is around ₹5 lakh, whereas that of a Ruby developer (comparing to Ruby since it is touted as potential competition to Python) is ₹4.48 lakh.
On the other hand, a Python programmer’s salary in Germany, around 48,458 Euros.
Coming to Canada, the same will fetch you around Ca $99,581, which is actually triple to that of the median wage in Canada.
Going by the above stats, we can say that the career of a Python developer with decent experience is stable and fetches an attractive income.
Python Developer Salary Based on Experience
Let’s see how Python developer salary in India varies based on experience.
Entry-Level Python Developer Salary
The average salary of entry-level Python developer salary in India is ₹427,293.
Mid-Level Python Developer Salary
The average salary of a mid-level Python developer salary in India is ₹909,818.
Experienced Python Developer Salary
The average salary of an experienced Python developer salary in India is ₹1,150,000.
Let’s see how the salary increases with experience:
Python Developer Salary Based on Location
Gurgoan is becoming the dream city for Python developers with the highest – ₹700,717. Bangalore – The Silicon Valley of India pays ₹669,787 to Python developers. Hyderabad pays the least with ₹475,000 and Pune & Chennai pays ₹540K to Python developers.
Python developers from Gurgoan & Bangalore earn 26% & 21% more than the rest of India respectively. Chennai, Pune and Hyderabad are among the lowest-paying cities for the Python developers in India.
Python Developer Salary Based on Job Role
There are multiple roles Python developers play in Information Technology like Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Web Developer, etc. Let’s have a look at their average annual salary in India based on their roles.
Software Engineer average annual salary: ₹502,609
Web Developer average annual salary: ₹307,800
Data Scientist average annual salary: ₹708,012
DevOps Engineer average annual salary: ₹658,143
Machine Learning Engineer average annual salary: ₹671,548
Python Developer Salary Based on Skillset
When Python developers have knowledge of other skills, it increases their salary accordingly.
So, when Python developers increase their skills in the above-mentioned languages, their demand and salary will rise exponentially. Also, how strong you are with the Python tools plays a vital role in your selection process.
Python Developer Salary on Other Countries
US: Python developers average annual salary is $117,000.
UK: Python developers average annual salary is £67,000.